Password manager reporting compromised passwords that were changed a long time ago.

I mentioned this about 6 months ago, but I hadn’t seen the responses until now. The prior item is this one - https://community.kaspersky.com/topic/show?tid=15533&fid=15. This doesn’t seem to have changed. No matter how much I refresh, I am not getting new passwords picked up. I have the same number of compromised and weak passwords that I have had since the last time I brought this up. 

Trying to work through the accounts, given that they aren’t being updated in the tool, is VERY time-consuming, and renders the use of the tool pretty much useless. I have to do the same things I would have to do if I didn’t have the tool. 

Hello @SeaMarkie

Welcome back!

1. Which KPM version & patch(x) is installed?

The latest version has many changes to Password check:

• Compromised
  • Weak
  • Duplicate
  • Decline checking
  • All strong passwords
  • All passwords not being checked

Please let us know?

Also, re the original topic, we responded, the topic was then closed, it’s not possible to update a closed topic. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Resource:

Read before you create a new topic!

Hello @SeaMarkie

Perfect, thanks👍!

1. Create a KPM backup → image 1
  2. Quit KPM → image 1A.
  3. Using Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features, uninstall KPM → image 2
  4. Shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login. 
  5. Download KPM installer
  6. Install KPM
  7. Recheck “changed  compromised passwords not being refreshed”? 
  8. If the issue persists, log a request with Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in Application malfunction, Other template → image 3; support may request Logs, Traces & other data, they will guide you.

• Logs & traces can be big to very big; run for only as long as it takes to replicate the issue, &, if any of the files cannot be attached to the incident, don’t use Webdav, simply upload the files to any cloud service of your choice, create a share link & add the share link to the incident. 
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.

➡ When Technical Support provide an answer, please share the information with the Community? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳 +🐋