Password manager process using port 10000 at IP address 127.0.0.1 (localhost)

HHUB
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I ran into an issue yesterday where I could not start an application that uses the port 10000 at the IP address 127.0.0.1. 

It turns out this port is used by a process called kpm.exe (Kaspersky Password Manager).

Is the use of the port 10000 by KPM intentional and is it necessary?

I am running KPM 9.0.2.20210 (t) / 1639410386_7112 / 1.0.523.0-0.8.3.0_1

on Windows 10.

• Solution

Hello @HHUB

Also: on our systems (x 4), KPM 9.0.2.20210 (t) / 1639410386_7112 / 1.0.523.0-0.8.3.0_1, is as follows

(ioo) looks like 10000 is assigned to 127.0.0.1 (as a loopback to a default route), by design. 

• You may wish to contact Kaspersky Technical Support, for confirmation, either via Chat or Email, select Connectivity issues, Other template. 
  • If selecting Chat option, we recommend you request a copy of the chat transcript, make sure you fill in your email address AFTER the chat is activated by the Chat agent & complete the Verify your email address email AFTER the chat completes.
  • When it’s available, please share the outcome with the Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

@Berny in the blocked application, the port is configurable.  So, I solved the problem by changing the port assignment in the blocked app.  Everything is working fine now.  My questions are:

1.  Does KPM really need to use the address/port?
  2. If it does, should the port be also configurable in KPM? (If the other app was not configurable, I would have been in trouble.)

As suggested by another poster, I have already asked the Kaspersky Tech Support these questions. They are supposed get back to me via email.  I will post their response here.

@HHUB Thank you for your feedback.

The action you took in your application is a good move 👍

The port settings are not configurable in KPM which means that the application is programmed like this.

Thank you for posting the comments  from Kaspersky Tech Support ?