Password manager more hassle than its value?

nl78nl

Password manager obsessively asks to re-save passwords for sites I visit DAILY, the passwords are saved, then it wants to merge them.  

Is there a “not bloody stupid” box i can tick that stops it asking to save passwords for sites it already has. Can take 10+ clicks to get it go away.

It is very annoying, probably enough for me to change securtiy providers at the completion of this subscription.  

thanks.

Password manager obsessively asks to re-save passwords for sites I visit DAILY, the passwords are saved, then it wants to merge them.  

Is there a “not stupid” box i can tick that stops it asking to save passwords for sites it already has. 

Hello @nl78nl

Welcome!

1. Please Read before you create a new topic!
  2. Which KPM version & patch(x) x=letter, is installed, → on the Windows Taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the KPM icon, select About 
  3. Does the “KPM repeatedly asking to re-save passwords” problem happen in every Supported browser: Chrome, FireFox, Edge Chromium, Vivaldi & Brave? 
  4. Is the KPM extension installed & enabled in the browser(s) being used? 
  5. If “Do not ask for this site”, is selected, does the “KPM repeatedly asking to re-save passwords” problem persist? IF “yes”, follow steps 6. to 13: 

6. Backup KPM.
  7. Close all other applications, including browsers, before starting the uninstall
  8. Uninstall KPM
  9. Shutdown machine using Shutdown, not Restart, powered on, login.
  10. Download KPM.
  11. Install KPM
  12. Shutdown machine using Shutdown, not Restart, powered on, login.
  13. Recheck “KPM repeatedly asking to re-save passwords” problem? 

Let us know the outcome please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hi @nl78nl , 

Does it happen after you enter the password to unlock KPM vault? Until you unlock the vault, KPM will suggest to save passwords for the same sites, as “it does not know” the password has already been saved. 

If the issue occurs with unlocked vault, can you give examples of the sites where this situation occurs, so that we can test?