Password Manager Crashes on iOS devices

srhannon

Kaspersky Password Manager crashes when starting on all iOS devices. Have been using it for years with no problems and it continues to work on Windows10 computer. What could be the conflict? Could the latest iOS update have anything to do with crashing?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @RichardM,

Welcome!

Please tell us:

1. iPad operating system version
  2. Where is KPM sourced from? 
  3. When KPM “crashes” on either device, are there any visible errors? If “yes”, may we have images please?
  4. In iOS logs, are any errors recorded? Can you export the device logs (as .txt) & attach please?
  5. Has KPM ever run successfully on either device? 
  6. Is KPM licensed”? If “yes”, have you raised the issue with Kaspersky Lab Technical Support?

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Please tell us:

1. iPad operating system version? .. Latest, just today.
  2. Where is KPM sourced from? .. You, via Apple Store.  How else?
  3. When KPM “crashes” on either device, are there any visible errors? If “yes”, may we have images please?  .. It crashes and closes. That is it.
  4. In iOS logs, are any errors recorded? Can you export the device logs (as .txt) & attach please? .. Done
  5. Has KPM ever run successfully on either device? … Yes.
  6. Is KPM licensed”? If “yes”, have you raised the issue with Kaspersky Lab Technical Support?  .. How could it not be licensed? Or do you mean Paid version? Yes it is a paid version.  No, I came through this forum first. I assumed that as it is very very likely to be a systematic problem (crashing on both iPhone and iPad) then it would be widely known about.   Regards

Hello @RichardM,

Thank you for your replies and the report.

• We ask questions, to help (you), bc, without accurate information, we are blind.
  • If you prefer, you may wish to raise a case with Technical Support, note, they also ask questions, the same questions, for the same reasons. 
  1. Please provide iPad operating system version?  Find the software version on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod
  2. (as KPM is crashing on both devices), may I have the “other” device Report as well please?
  3. When did KPM last run successfully on both devices? 
  4. Thinking back to when KPM began to “crash”, what took place in the preceeding 24hrs? Any hardware, software, network & or environmental changes? Anything at all? 

Please let me know?

Thank you. 

1. Please provide iPad operating system version?  Find the software version on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod .. 13.2.2
  2. (as KPM is crashing on both devices), may I have the “other” device Report as well please? Done
  3. When did KPM last run successfully on both devices? At least a few months ago.
  4. Thinking back to when KPM began to “crash”, what took place in the preceeding 24hrs? Any hardware, software, network & or environmental changes? Anything at all? ..Too long ago to remember.

Thanks for your help.

It is hard to say as I usually use desktop PWM and rarely the IOS version. Also time goes so fast!! 

What have you found..? I noticed a common Exception type/subtype in both logs ..

Another thing I think I have noticed is that some entries appear to simply disappear or get re-indexed, appearing on another search, as I watch! Odd.  PWM is not the most robust of apps.

Hello @RichardM,

I agree, time does go fast!

Please escalate the (iOS) KPM crash issue to Kaspersky Lab Technical Support, complete the template as per my image,

attach the logs and if there are:  User Diagnostic Reports, attach those as well please?

Note: (Template) KPM versions are: 9.2.17.18, 9.2.15.18, the version you’re trying to run is 9.2.16.26, which doesn’t exist on the template😟 , all of which (imo) will not be related to KPM crash issue, but I mention this, to let you know, when you’re raising the incident request, you don’t waste a heap of time, trying to classify the INC correctly. Select 9.2.17.18, and mention in the Prb description details, your version is  9.2.16.26.

When the INC is submitted, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC#, then, within 5 business days, a KL (human), will contact you, by email. The Lab may ask for traces, they will guide you with procedures to capture these. You can continue to communicate with the Lab via email or by updating the INC# in your MyKaspersky account. 

Please let me know the outcome? 

• Regarding: “entries disappearing get re-indexed, appearing on another search”, I take it you’re referring to KPM/Windows? If “yes”, please be kind to this old 👴 : provide Opsys full version info, KPM version info, images and a more complete description of “entries disappearing get re-indexed, appearing on another search” issue? Remember, you are our eyes. 

Thank you. 

Hello @RichardM,

You’re very welcome!

I forgot the obvious, for the  “entries disappearing get re-indexed, appearing on another search”, you could also raise a case for that with the Lab🤔 .

And yes, when they let you know what’s the RC, please do keep us updated, we’ll greatly appreciate a post back🙏

Thank you

• 2 years later...

@Darthyigit    Welcome.

Can you please unistall/reinstall KPM 9.2.60 ?
Please reboot your iPad before proceeding.
Your KPM Vault is available here → https://my.kaspersky.com/MyPasswords#/
Please backup your KPM Vault before proceeding.
FYI , i am on the same platform as yours without any problem.

If no fix please contact Kaspersky Technical Support :

→ Contact us → Product help → E-mail → Contact Support