Password Manager asking for Main Password after initial install

BRIELL3
Go to solution Solved by Aux10Forever,

I just installed Kaspersky Password Manager for the first time and it's asking for my Main Password and stating, "Database file is corrupted".

I don't understand how I'm required to enter a main password nor how the database can be corrupted immediately after initial install?!

Nothing says, "You can trust our application." than when it's already problematic after initial installation.

Seriously, NOT a good start!

I don't have a main password even if the database was working, as I never used the Password Manager application before.

Ugh, so frustrating!

Hello @BRIELL3, welcome.

It is unfortunate that the installation did not work as expected.
The 'corrupt databases' suggest that something went wrong and the PM is not working properly. Hence the inappropriate password request.
I would uninstall the product, restart the computer and carry out the installation again.

Two more questions:
Which operating system are you using?
What AV software is installed?

Hello @Schulte,

Thank you for the reply and advice.

I am using Windows 11 and the AV Software installed is Kaspersky Premium. I have Kaspersky Premium installed on other devices as well; however, I have never installed Kaspersky Password Manager until today.

Do I just need to uninstall and reinstall Kaspersky Password Manager and not the whole Kaspersky Premium suite including the VPN?

Kind regards,

Brielle

Hello @Schulte,

I tried reinstalling Kaspersky Password Manager and get the same stupid issue:

"The vault is locked. Enter your main password."
"Database file is corrupted"

Once again, I've never used Kaspersky Password Manager before. So, I don't know why it's asking me to log in to my database or why it's corrupted.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Brielle

For anyone else who runs into the same issue:

I just created a new vault, so everything is working now. However, I still don't know why it was asking me to log into my database on a new install or how my database could be corrupted when I never had set up Kaspersky Password Manager previously. And I have no idea what happened to that original corrupted database. Hopefully, I can find a way to delete it so it's not just sitting somewhere on my drive taking up space.

Very weird.