Password Manager always asking to confirm Kaspersky account before starting

I installed Password Manager as part of Total Security.

For only 1 user account does Password Manager keep asking me to confirm which kaspersky account to use.

Once chosen, it then asks for the master password.

How do I get it to remember which account to use

Hello @alanarmstrong

Welcome!

1. If the KTS license is a 1 user license = 1 Kaspersky Password Manager vault, the email address is the same email address used for the MyKaspersky account. 
  2. For 1 User license, the KTS license & the Kaspersky Password Manager are only linked to one email address.
    1. Prompt for master password when launching Kaspersky Password Manager automatically

3.  KPM, Settings, General Tab, the email address associated with the account is at the bottom of the screen

4. & sign into the MYKaspersky account, check the License Tab & the Device Tab, you will see KTS & KPM associated with the device & the email address.
  5. Note: the KPM Master password is critical, if it is lost it can never be recovered.
  6. Always make regular KPM backups. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳
Resources:

How to install Kaspersky Password Manager for Windows

Kaspersky Password Manager library

KTS is a 5 computer (not person) licence, but PWM has only ever been a 1 person (not computer) licence which is a bit of a pain as the children cannot use PWM without buying them their own copy.

So I always use PWM which is linked to me, it is just this one account on a laptop it doesn’t like, using my admin login and this login on all other devices sync correctly.

The general Setting Tab show me as logged in, but then I am as I just told PWM at the start, which account to log into, even though I only have the one account.

Not a big deal, just an extra click, just irritating

Hello @alanarmstrong,

Thank you for your reply.

• Regarding the license, 2 aspects are important, how many devices a license is for & how many users - a 1 user license for 5 devices, enables KTS software to be installed on 5 devices, 1 Kaspersky Password Manager Vault & 1 MyKaspersky account to manage license, the software & the KPM vault. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 1 year later...
  1. What is disturbing me is the need to input my Master Password every time my PC starts. Isn’t there an way to skip this password check every time?

Hello @ArthurT22

Welcome!

1. No, it's part of the KPM security design, if the PC is rebooted/started, the Master password must be entered. 

How Kaspersky Password Manager protects your data

In the Automatic startup section, you can configure startup of Kaspersky Password Manager.

Unlock the vault

• Start Kaspersky Password Manager at operating system startup

This checkbox enables/disables starting of Kaspersky Password Manager when operating system starts.

If the checkbox is selected, Kaspersky Password Manager starts automatically after the operating system loads. If the checkbox is cleared, you must start Kaspersky Password Manager manually.

By default, this checkbox is selected.

• Prompt for main password when launching Kaspersky Password Manager automatically

This checkbox enables/disables prompting for the main password each time Kaspersky Password Manager starts automatically.

If the checkbox is selected, Kaspersky Password Manager prompts you to unlock the vault each time the application starts automatically. If the checkbox is cleared, Kaspersky Password Manager does not prompt you to unlock the vault each time the application starts automatically.

This checkbox is only available if the Start Kaspersky Password Manager at operating system startup checkbox is selected.

By default, this checkbox is selected. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋