Parental Control missing after upgrade to 2020 [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Today I installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2020 and noticed that Parental Control is no longer available. Instead of Parental Control, Safe Kids is shown and needs to be downloaded separate. Furthermore, a separate licence is required for it. Please help me.

Subhadeep Kaspersky Internet Security 20 release notes
  1. For users who haven’t used Parental Control in the earlier version of Kaspersky Total Security, the component will not be available. We recommend using Kaspersky Safe Kids for protecting your children on the web.
If you want to use a feature that has been discontinued, you can roll back to the earlier version of Kaspersky Total Security. See this article for instructions. Users who have used Parental Control in the earlier version of Kaspersky Total Security, will be able to choose between Parental Control and Kaspersky Safe Kids. See this article for more information.
Kaspersky Safe Kids licenses and versions Compare free and premium versions of the application Kaspersky Safe Kids A license purchased for Kaspersky Total Security lets you use the premium version of Kaspersky Safe Kids.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Day before yesterday I installed new version KIS 2020 and today I installed kids security same thing happened as commented here Parental Control option is gone. How do you retrieve that option without going to previous version?

no older versions available , so cannot roll back to find  parental control 

Today I installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2020 and noticed that Parental Control is no longer available. Instead of Parental Control, Safe Kids is shown and needs to be downloaded separate. Furthermore, a separate licence is required for it. Please help me.

no older versions available , so cannot roll back to find  parental control  !!!!!!!!!!!

• Solution

Hello @akisgian,

Welcome

KL Product builds

• Note1: when the 2020 version is installed over the 2019 version which has Parental Control enabled, then Parental Control feature shall be available in the 2020 version.

If Parental Control is not enabled when performing the in-place upgrade, then the Parental Control feature will not be available in the 2020 version.

The install-over option works only when installing over a version that is 1 version behind. Therefore, when upgrading to a newer version that is 2 versions or more, there is a need to uninstall the old version first before installing the new one.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

-----------------------

• Note2: Making multiple duplicate replies is unnecessary.

I have Parental control in KIS 2020 without problem only KIS offering me try safe kids (i choose NO 🙂 ).

And also if you want parental control in next upcoming 2021 version you must have enabled parental control in Kaspersky 2020 and install new version 2021 OVER version 2020 (do not uninstall old) simply run installation package.

Hello @akisgian,

Welcome

KL Product builds

• Note1: when the 2020 version is installed over the 2019 version which has Parental Control enabled, then Parental Control feature shall be available in the 2020 version.

If Parental Control is not enabled when performing the in-place upgrade, then the Parental Control feature will not be available in the 2020 version.

The install-over option works only when installing over a version that is 1 version behind. Therefore, when upgrading to a newer version that is 2 versions or more, there is a need to uninstall the old version first before installing the new one.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

-----------------------

• Note2: Making multiple duplicate replies is unnecessary.

the upgrade installed over the 2019 version which had parental control enabled and worked for long time . After upgrade parental control disappeared and only safe kid exist but not full -  with features are locked and asking extra money to enable  Premium !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also there is nowhere old version 2019 to download !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have Parental control in KIS 2020 without problem only KIS offering me try safe kids (i choose NO 🙂 ).

And also if you want parental control in next upcoming 2021 version you must have enabled parental control in Kaspersky 2020 and install new version 2021 OVER version 2020 (do not uninstall old) simply run installation package.

unfortunately there wasnt parental control after upgrades over the old version ,only the safe for kids so tried to uninstall and install the old version but i didnt find nowhere ,so i install again the 2020 version with the free safe kids but not the full  with extra cost and futures that i had on parental control !! Also when i restart first time i choose not interested for safe kids  but still there wasnt the old parental control !!!

The first upgrade was from a message on kis that there is a new version ,and download , after this no parental control .

So i restored the system to see the version to an earlier version  but kis 19.0.0.1088 not working

Kaspersky Internet Security 2019 .

Version : English  19.0.0.1088  i found after system restore 

So i download the upgrade tool  and works fine ,

The second upgrade , after restore i went to kaspersky safe kids and select not interested ,
and after this appears my old parental control with old settings for the kids
So the problem is when KIS showing notification for new version .

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @akisgian , 

Keeping Parental Control, with an in-place-upgrade from v19 to v20 does work. 

For the process to work, uninstall v20, save License information ONLY, at the completion of the uninstall, reboot. 

Download the v19 installer from KL Product builds.

Start the install, within seconds of the install starting, the app will show a message “searching for newer version”, you must select “Skip”, if a newer version is accepted at this point, the process will not work. 

After v19 is installed, make sure Parental Control and Download & install new application versions are both enabled. 

Then wait, for the KIS application to manage the in-place-upgrade; in the 3 tests, the timeframe for v20 arriving was 28 to 76hours. 

When the version update is available, KIS will show the following: 

• Notification center recommendation: New version advisory:  

• Support window, New version, Run Update advisory. 

After the update to v20, it appears as tho Parental Control has been replaced by Kaspersky Safe Kids, however, after selecting Protection for Kids, at the Kaspersky Safe Kids screen, select Not interested, at that point Parental Control will be available. 

The following videos document the process:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs64kxwmdco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUZa6NmYrYU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkcfgXMwA8U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFLdCQQ_sP4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSAO6npOSzE

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

NB: Unable to embed media.