PAN Details

APG

Why is Kaspersky Internet Security asking for PAN details while renewing subscription where most of other anti-virus products doesn't ask the same. Is there a way without providing the confidential details like PAN, can a customer renew the usage of this product 

SS.JPG

5 hours ago, APG said:
  • Why is Kaspersky Internet Security asking for PAN details while renewing subscription?
  • Is there a way without providing the confidential details like PAN, can a customer renew the usage of this product? 

Hello @APG

Welcome!

• The Kaspersky Community cannot assist, however Kaspersky Customer Service will be able to as they have access to your private information - please provide them with all details:
  1. Are you renewing KIS from within (your) MyKaspersky account or directly from a Kaspersky website?
  2. Have you used this portal: https://www.kaspersky.co.in/renewal-center/home ?
  3. When you first purchased KIS did you provide the PAN information? 
  4. Contact Kaspersky Customer Service, select Email or Chat & fill in the template as follows: image.thumb.jpeg.2cb229fcb276cd0f3149cb427dcf6191.jpeg

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2023 at 3:43 PM, Ram Kumar said:

I also dont want to share PAN details. I have been using Kaspersky for 10 years. But due to this issue i am unable to renew this year. Is there anyway to purchase without PAN details ?.

This is not new for your information has not been created by Kaspersky.

It is a Compulsory requirement in India for purchase online by Government in India for Tax reasons on Online Purchases.

Thank you

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

This is not proper. We are using multiple websites to do transactions. It never asked for PAN. PAN should not be provided to any other website than that of the government. I have talked with KASPERSKY Support earlier but they will loop you with same point rounding too many times.

On 11/4/2023 at 12:22 AM, Namz said:

This is not proper.

We are using multiple websites to do transactions.

It never asked for PAN.

PAN should not be provided to any other website than that of the government.

I have talked with KASPERSKY Support earlier but they will loop you with same point rounding too many times.

Hello @Namz

Welcome!

• 💥The Kaspersky Community cannot assist💥, Kaspersky Customer Service is your *only* option -> they have access to your private information - please provide them with all details 
  • On the support page, select Email or Chat & fill in the template as follows: image.thumb.jpeg.2cb229fcb276cd0f3149cb427dcf6191.jpeg
  • 👉IF *you* believe Kaspersky is not compliant with India's Income Tax Rules, lodge a complaint with the Consumer Protection Agency, in your state. 
  • RESOURCE: WHAT IS PAN?
  • Another well known global digital security company - in India, also requires PAN:image.thumb.jpeg.2ac62dc6ca609a7b265f6d61d793088e.jpeg 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn

• 3 weeks later...

My solution to this problem is to just BUY IT FROM AMAZON. You will get an email with which you created your amazon account with 2-3hr and they will send you an activation code.

So, I gave my solution. It worked from me and I do agree that asking for PAN card number for any purpose is very strange.