Our AV deleted some important files as TROJAN.PDF.ALIEN.GEN

Hi there, 
Our AV have deleted some important files .pdf on october 11st and october 12nd with the reason heur:Troyan.pdf.alien.gen, I would like to know if it could be a fake alarm and I can restore the files. If not, what can I do? those files are important in our company, because they are related with id documents of some providers. The majority of those files were downloaded from our country goberment webpage

Hi there, 
Our AV have deleted some important files .pdf on october 11st and october 12nd with the reason heur:Troyan.pdf.alien.gen, I would like to know if it could be a fake alarm and I can restore the files. If not, what can I do? those files are important in our company, because they are related with id documents of some providers. The majority of those files were downloaded from our country goberment webpage

Check that the files have not been quarantined or backed up, you can restore them from there from Kaspersky Security Center Server.

In the images below, where they are in the KSC MMC and in the Web Console.

Hi Diego, 

I didn’t find the files in KSC, I have recovered them in every desktop KES. Thanks for your help.

Now, I would like to know how much time does kaspersky keep these files in “backup”? we are worried, some users could ask for their files in the future. 

• 3 weeks later...