Online multiplayer games cannot connect to servers ever since Kaspersky Security Cloud updated to Kaspersky Plus

Hello,

Version of the operating system: Win 11 Version 21H2 (OS Build 22000, 708)
Name and version number of the Kaspersky application: Kaspersky Plus 21.6.7.351

I am having issues connecting to the servers from the game clients (Call of Duty: Warzone, League of Legends). The issue started a couple of days ago when the Kaspersky Security Cloud updated to Kaspersky Plus. The games work fine when I pause the protection.

Hello @NikJa

Welcome!

• It may have been better to remove Kaspersky Security Cloud, first, saving only License information, before updating to Kaspersky+?
  • What errors show when the "issues connecting to the servers from the game clients (Call of Duty: Warzone, League of Legends)" happens? 
  • In Kaspersky+ Reports are there errors that reflect: "issues connecting to the servers from the game clients (Call of Duty: Warzone, League of Legends)", save the Report as a txt file, upload to cloud & post the share link or post images of the Report errors please?  

Please do the following: 

1. Export Kaspersky+ Settings.
  2. Restore Kaspersky+ Settings to Default.
  3. Run a Kaspersky+ Database update
  4. Shutdown Win 11 using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login -> 
  5. Recheck: "issues, connecting to the servers from the game clients (Call of Duty: Warzone, League of Legends)"? 
  6. Note: please do not Import Settings atm. 

Please let us know the outcome? 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2022 at 4:31 AM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

It may have been better to remove Kaspersky Security Cloud, first, saving only License information, before updating to Kaspersky+?

Kaspersky Security Cloud automatically updated itself to Kaspersky+.

What errors show when the "issues connecting to the servers from the game clients (Call of Duty: Warzone, League of Legends)" happens? 

Most logs contain 'Couldn't connect to host, select() timed out after 500ms.'.

I have already googled these, without success.

In Kaspersky+ Reports are there errors that reflect: "issues connecting to the servers from the game clients (Call of Duty: Warzone, League of Legends)", save the Report as a txt file, upload to cloud & post the share link or post images of the Report errors please?  

There are no errors at all, just Informational messages.

Please do the following: 

I have tried the steps you suggested, but nothing changed.

Soon after creating this thread:

1. I removed the Kaspersky+ installation from my PC
  2. I downloaded the Kaspersky Security Cloud installation file that's available on my.kaspersky.com, and installed it again.
  3. I have imported the settings.

Everything was working again, until yesterday, when Kaspersky Security Cloud updated itself again to Kaspersky+.

On 7/6/2022 at 12:29 AM, NikJa said:

Kaspersky Security Cloud automatically updated itself to Kaspersky+.

Most logs contain 'Couldn't connect to host, select() timed out after 500ms.'.

1. I removed the Kaspersky+ installation from my PC
  2. I downloaded the Kaspersky Security Cloud installation file that's available on my.kaspersky.com, and installed it again.
  3. I have imported the settings.
  • Everything was working again, until yesterday, when Kaspersky Security Cloud updated itself again to Kaspersky+.

Hello @NikJa

Thank you for the update!

Apologies for the delay in responding?!

• In the steps we recommended, it was important not to import the Settings. 
  • IF the issue still exists, please log a case with  Kaspersky Support; on the support page select either Chat or Email, then select Application malfunction, Other template; Support may need logs, traces & other data, they will guide you; include the screen images of the error & a detailed history. 
  • If you do log the issue with Support, please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
  • Thank you?

Flood?+?

• 5 months later...