Offline Updating KES

Go to solution Solved by Lewj,

Hi there,

I am trying to update KES on a segregated offline device by using the Kaspersky Update Utility 4.0 to download database updates, transfer them to the device and use them as the update source in KES 11.8.0.384. I tick the boxes for 'KES for windows for workstations' versions 11.8 and 11.9.

Once I have transferred these to the offline device and trigger an update, KES appears to be updating and the 'databases are out of date' message disappears but it still shows the last update as being months ago and the version is still 11.8 instead of 11.9. There are no error messages or indications that anything is wrong.

Any ideas?

As far as I know, the update utility does not know how to update product versions (from 11.8 to 11.9 for example), it is intended specifically for updating databases. You need to do it manually, download the desired version, transfer it to the device and complete the installation.

regarding the wrong update date, it may just be a display error, try the standard means - reload the application or device. Make sure that the license key used on the device is active and valid.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your response.

I have used the Kaspersky update utility to download the database update and transferred this to the device but when using it as the database update source, KES still shows the 'Database release date' as months old. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

For anyone who stumbles across this with the same issue, I was unable to resolve the issue with KES Update Utility so i'm using a domain joined laptop instead and using the 'distribution folder' feature. I then copy this across to the segregated network via a USB stick to update the databases.