ocsp.quovadisoffshore.com

red735i

Windows 10. 

My computer has been getting requests to go to this website:  ocsp.quovadisoffshore.com

Apparently the certificate is not up to date, so it asks me to approve connecting to it.

I have no idea what this is, or what causes the computer to want to connect.

Can you help me by ascertaining what this website does and what is causing it to want to connect, and how to stop this request to connect.

Thank you

• 1 month later...

Hello / Bonjour

My Kaspersky Security Cloud also brings up the same error (and today, being distracted, I clicked on “continue” - instant panic).

If you read the box the KSC brings up, it seems to relate to the Malwarebytes service (I have this installed as well as Kaspersky, and utilise the browser guard extension).  Do you have a copy (Free or Paid For) of Malwarebytes installed on your computer?

Quovadis is part of DigiCert and a quick search tells me that DigiCert bought quovadis and they both have something to do with provision of trusted digital certificates. 
https://www.digicert.com › news › pr › digicert-completes-purchase-of-quovadis-ssl

When I checked on SSL Trust site, this particular sub domain (ocsp.quovadisoffshore.com) seems to have an expired certificate, and there is some question that the site’s been archived?  There are other suggestions that it relates to Digicert’s operations in Bermuda, but I am now lost.  I am not very literate when it comes to such things, and don’t really know WHERE to look, and how to dig further. Perhaps one of our more web savvy Kaspersky Forum users might be better able to advise.

I am of a mind to drop a note to Digi Cert and / or Malwarebytes, to ask them what’s going on?
If I do, I shall come back and update you all.

Hope this helps a little?
S

• 2 weeks later...