obsolete passwords

I have kaspersky password manager and have an increasing number of passwords which are obsolete, either because I no longer use the website or have updated the passwords.  I would like to delete them from password manager but have not been able to find a way to do this.  It is becoming a problem as KPM reverts to an old password when I go on to a site where I have changed the password and sometimes it will not let me change the password to the correct one on the website but insists an old one is input making the site useless.  i have tried to delete the website then re register but the KPM will not let me use a different password.  Some of these passwords have been compromised and I risk problems if I continue to use them.  Changing the password on the website is ok but when I go to log on with the new password the old one pops up and deletes the new one.  I don't think I am making sense but I do not have the technical mindset or knowhow to explain it better.  Basically I want to delete old obsolete passwords and websites from KPM so how do I do that?

• Like 1

Hello @jeenine

Welcome!

To get you started, the steps are as follows:

1. In KPM, search for the website you wish to delete.
  2. In the top right corner of the password card, select the 3 tiny vertical dots, the name card flips around
  3. In the bottom right, of the password card, select Delete ?

image.thumb.jpeg.0beec38c29b919072a8aa34d993cc800.jpeg

There's also (4KPM Password Check feature, that has the following components: 

• All compromised passwords
  • All weak passwords
  • All duplicate passwords
  • All strong passwords
  • All passwords not being checked

It's very useful, just takes a bit more getting used to.

Post back if you need more help please? 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Additional resource:

Website details

Additional @jeenine

An alternate method, if there's more than one account in each name card

1. The original step -> select the 3 tiny vertical dots, the name card flips around (not shown in this image 2)
  2. Select Edit.
  3. Scroll thru & find the account to be deleted, select the 3 tiny vertical dots beside the Login name of that account. 
  4. Select Delete account.
  5. Select Save

image.thumb.jpeg.618d8cd747fcd12e0cc218365a3b662a.jpeg

Again, if you get stuck, please post back? 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

• 1 year later...