Number Inputs Blocked

ajhipius
Go to solution Solved by Danila T.,

Since installing Kaspersky software a little over a week ago, on certain websites (often those that are opening with Safe Money or that I would have expected to and did not) entering numbers has been blocked or made impossible in number fields.  (I.e. an amount for a bank transfer)  Opening the Safe Keyboard on screen input DOES NOT resolve the problem as clicking the on screen keyboard still does not work.  At least one (the most important, my bank) of these sites did not experience the problem prior to Kaspersky being installed.
I at first thought this could just be related to the “Secure Keyboard” setting, however attempting to shut that off does not seem to resolve the problem.
A temporary work around I found worked in the most recent case of it was to open word, type my number there, and then copy and paste it in.  I was surprised this worked however, and do not think I should have to do it in the future.

Since installing Kaspersky software a little over a week ago, on certain websites (often those that are opening with Safe Money or that I would have expected to and did not) entering numbers has been blocked or made impossible in number fields.  (I.e. an amount for a bank transfer)  Opening the Safe Keyboard on screen input DOES NOT resolve the problem as clicking the on screen keyboard still does not work.  At least one (the most important, my bank) of these sites did not experience the problem prior to Kaspersky being installed.
I at first thought this could just be related to the “Secure Keyboard” setting, however attempting to shut that off does not seem to resolve the problem.
A temporary work around I found worked in the most recent case of it was to open word, type my number there, and then copy and paste it in.  I was surprised this worked however, and do not think I should have to do it in the future.

Hello @ajhipius

Thanks for posting back👌

1. Which KTS version is installed → on the Windows Taskbar, right click the Kaspersky icon, select About → a popup window will show the version & patch(x) x = letter
  2. Which supported browser: Chrome, Firefox, Edge Chromium is being used by Safe Money? 
  3. Before installing KTS, was a incompatible applications check done?
  4. If Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages  is unchecked does the Number inputs blocked issue persist? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋 

@andrew75: asking/publish GSI reports is not allowed in forum any more due to GDPR compliance...

Hello @harlan4096

1. GDPR is not worldwide. 
  2. Kaspersky need to change a lot of pinned information in this Community, if requesting GSI is no longer permitted. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋 

@Igor Kurzin / @Anton Mefodys / @Danila T.  - please clarify the “requesting GSI” status for the Community please? 

@andrew75: asking/publish GSI reports is not allowed in forum any more due to GDPR compliance...

Hello @harlan4096

1. GDPR is not worldwide. 
  2. Kaspersky need to change a lot of pinned information in this Community, if requesting GSI is no longer permitted. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋 

@Igor Kurzin / @Anton Mefodys / @Danila T.  - please clarify the “requesting GSI” status for the Community please? 

Hello,

This is already written in the forum rules:

https://community.kaspersky.com/community-rules-47/community-rules-82

Request for the publication of information, including reports and logs, that may contain personal data or confidential data.

Also: https://community.kaspersky.com/site/terms

By uploading objects (including images, logs, etc.) on the Kaspersky Community, you confirm that such objects do not contain personal data or confidential information. If you are certain or suspect that the data to be provided by you may contain personal data or confidential information, you should not send the data publicly.

Info about GSI: https://support.kaspersky.com/us/common/diagnostics/3632#block10

SECTION B. CONDITIONS REGARDING DATA PROCESSING

Please read the conditions of the Section “Conditions regarding data processing”. This Section describes data received from You and/or from Your Computer and the manner by which the Rightholder will process data for the performance of this License Agreement. If the Software is used within a legal entity or on the Computer used by several individuals, You must ensure that they have understood and accepted the conditions of the Section “Conditions regarding data processing” before they use the Software.

1. For the Rightholder and/or its Partners to fulfill their obligations under this License Agreement, the Rightholder needs to receive and process information described in Section B Clause 1 for the declared purposes. Such information may be considered personal according to applicable laws of certain countries.

In total: this applies not only to the GDPR law. There are restrictions on the publication of personal information in various countries. It is forbidden to request and post the logs of the current GSI version on this forum. It is not forbidden to ask the user about version of the installed system and version (build number / patch) of Kaspersky product. We can try to help without GSI in most cases.

Thanks for attention.

• Solution

Hello,

Please contact with Support team: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c

Hello @Danila T. 

Thanks for the reply👌

This is advice from @Rodion Nagornov 

"Community portal is a public resource where one Kaspersky users are trying to help other ones. In order they have an ability to investigate the issue they should have a full picture of your situation, because the majority of problems are caused by system conditions and third-party software installed. GSI log contains only your system information and does not include your files, docs, pictures, passwords and so on. If you don't want to post your logs here you can contact to the official Kaspersky technical support via private services:
for B2C: my.kaspersky.com
for B2B: companyaccount.kaspersky.com"
In other words: we, on the Community, are not responsible for user's choice to complain here in public instead of using private official support channels. We have not a goal to keep a user here and solve the problem here. So"
* if a user want to simply complain "louder" by public way, asking of GSI is a good way to define it.
* if a user want to really solve his problem, asking of GSI is a good way to share the full situation for a maximum of helpers and get rid of the problem more quickly.
* if a user want to really solve his problem AND make in "louder", we have a goal to SOLVE the problem and we have not a goal to help him to make some more negative noize. So we still need his GSI because of my previous point.
* If a user, really or not, afraid of posting GSI, we still have a goal to SOLVE his problem. But we cannot do this here because of lack of the information. So the only way to SOLVE his problem is directing him to private support channels.

unquote

Hope all the pinned topics advising “upload GSI” are modified. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋