Not connecting to servers

Hello! I just bought Kaspersky VPN beacause I want to play the Deadpool game on Steam. To do that you have to be connected to the Ukranian servers. When I proceed to connect to the servers with my VPN the game does not want to start. Are you not able to connect to other servers to do that type of things?

Hello! I just bought Kaspersky VPN because I want to play the Deadpool game on Steam. To do that you have to be connected to the Ukrainian servers. When I proceed to connect to the servers with my VPN the game does not want to start. Are you not able to connect to other servers to do that type of things?

Hello @Jezper04

Welcome!

According to (our) Steam TOU: using a proxy or VPN to disguise (your) location is strictly against the Steam Terms of Service and may result in restrictions on (your) Steam account. 

1. Have you checked with Steam Support? 
  2. Do Steam/Deadpool use Geo-blocking? 

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello!

I have not asked Steam Support about it but I will just to see what is allowed and what is not. The Deadpool game I am trying to play was removed from the official Steam store because the licensing contract expired. The only way to get the game at this point in time is to but virtual keys of the internet. If you buy a key that can be activated all around the world you have to pay a lot of money. I decided to buy a cheap key that only can be accessed through Ukraine which means that I need to connect to a Ukrainian server to redeem the key. I will ask Steam Support before I try to redeem it so I dont get banned or get any restrictions.

Thank you for the response