Not blocking

Naveed05

I have been using kaspersky for 1 year. It is excellent. But now it is not blocking some apps. Like SwiftKey keyboard etc.

My android version is PIE

App is up to date. 

Please fix this.

And another problem is when safe kid is on, Google chrome is crashing while using. But when I off safe kid it behaves normally. 

Hello @Naveed05 
Welcome!
🅰 Regarding the "not blocking" issue: 

1. May I have the names of other apps KSK is not blocking?
  2. Is KSK not blocking automatically, according to generic KSK rules or not blocking according to the rules you’ve specifically configured? 
  3. Did KSK previously block SwiftKey keyboard?
  4. Can you pinpoint a date (approximate) when KSK stopped blocking apps? 

🅱 Regarding Chrome crashing:

1. KSK version?
  2. Chrome version
  3. Has root or developer access been granted to the Pie? 
  4. Please post a screen image of Pie Storage, that includes: System memory, Used space, Miscellaneous files, Available space
  5. Have you cleared Chrome Site Storage?
  6. Have you refreshed/reinstalled Chrome?
  7. Have you uninstalled & reinstalled KSK, with a full device power off, between each step? 

Please let me know?
Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @Naveed05 
Welcome!

2. Is KSK not blocking automatically, according to generic KSK rules or not blocking according to the rules you’ve specifically configured? 

1. KSK version?
  2. Chrome version
  4. Please post a screen image of Pie Storage, that includes: System memory, Used space, Miscellaneous files, Available space
  7. Have you uninstalled & reinstalled KSK, with a full device power off, between each step? 

Please let me know?
Thank you🙏. 

​​​​​

Flood🐳

Thank you for quick response. 

Regrading my not blocking issue :

1.other app is music player. 

2.I had blocked the app in KSK many times, and even the default for new app is blocked. All other apps are blocked but not the swift keyboard. 

3.only for the first time it blocked and now it is not blocking. 

4.date(06.02.2020). 

Regarding chrome crashing. 

1.KSK VERSION - 1. 33.0. 1633.

2.Chrome version - 80.0.3987. 87

3.no root or developer option is enabled. 

4.system space= 64gb available  20gb. SYSTEM MEMORY - 3GB availability. 

5.i have cleared site storage. 

6.i have reinstalled chrome

7.i have reinstalled KSK with proper rebooting. 

-------------------------------

The problem is still there

Hello @Naveed05 
Welcome!

1. KSK version?
  2. Chrome version

Please let me know?
Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @Naveed05,

You’re very welcome!

Thank you for replying and the information👌

• 1 So I can check each app, may I  know the name of the Music Player please?
  • 2 May I have images  of Pie Storage, that includes: System memory, Used space, Miscellaneous files, Available space ? (see my images):

• 3 When you say, “I had blocked the app in KSK many times”, does that mean you’ve manually blocked SwiftKey keyboard application?
  • 4 May I have an image of SwiftKey keyboard application as shown in the MyKaspersky account (see my image):

• 5 For my understanding, if you do not wish your child to use SwiftKey keyboard, why not uninstall SwiftKey keyboard
  • 6 Please clarify/provide more detail please regarding “even the default for new app is blocked “ , atm I’m not clear what this means? 
  • 7 May I have an image of the 4 Notifications please:

• 8 Please 📎 attach📎 the KSK 7 day Report?

Please let me know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @Naveed05,

You’re very welcome!

Thank you for replying and the information👌

• 1 So I can check each app, may I  know the name of the Music Player please?
  • 2 May I have images  of Pie Storage, that includes: System memory, Used space, Miscellaneous files, Available space ? (see my images):

• 3 When you say, “I had blocked the app in KSK many times”, does that mean you’ve manually blocked SwiftKey keyboard application?
  • 4 May I have an image of SwiftKey keyboard application as shown in the MyKaspersky account (see my image):

• 5 For my understanding, if you do not wish your child to use SwiftKey keyboard, why not uninstall SwiftKey keyboard
  • 6 Please clarify/provide more detail please regarding “even the default for new app is blocked “ , atm I’m not clear what this means? 
  • 7 May I have an image of the 4 Notifications please:

• 8 Please 📎 attach📎 the KSK 7 day Report?

Please let me know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

1.mi music player(default music player) since it contains more ads.

3.Yes i have manually blocked SwiftKeyboard

5. I uninstalled but my two kids always install it and it shows lots of ads. So i definitely want to block it.

6. I had blocked all categories of apps.

7. It was nothing, just i only checked.

8.(Can you solve without this information) G

Hello @Naveed05 
Welcome!
🅰

1. KSK version?
  2. Chrome version

Please let me know?
Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

After enabling developer option it stoped crashing

Hello @Naveed05,

Thank you for replying🙏

1. Cache data is very high, the PIE needs housekeeping done🤔
  2. ☢ enabling Developer option is NOT recommended, please disable☢
  3. If, after housekeeping & disabling Developer mode, the Chrome crashing issue returns: please raise a request with Kaspersky Technical Support, they will require a AIDA64 Report, the Report requested above, images and they may request Logs, captured as the issue is replicated. If Logs are required the Support Team will provide a special KSK version & the correct steps to capture the Logs. 
  • After logging the request, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference #, then, normally within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will contact you, also by email; you can continue to communicate with them via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please let us know what they say?

➡ Regarding stubborn children ignoring their Parents, block Google Play StoreSettings

❓ Regarding mi music player, what brand is the PIE?

Please let me know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @Naveed05,

Thank you for replying🙏

1. Cache data is very high, the PIE needs housekeeping done🤔
  2. ☢ enabling Developer option is NOT recommended, please disable☢
  3. If, after housekeeping & disabling Developer mode, the Chrome crashing issue returns: please raise a request with Kaspersky Technical Support, they will require a AIDA64 Report, the Report requested above, images and they may request Logs, captured as the issue is replicated. If Logs are required the Support Team will provide a special KSK version & the correct steps to capture the Logs. 
  • After logging the request, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference #, then, normally within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will contact you, also by email; you can continue to communicate with them via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please let us know what they say?

➡ Regarding stubborn children ignoring their Parents, block Google Play StoreSettings

❓ Regarding mi music player, what brand is the PIE?

Please let me know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

1.how to clear caches. 

Regarding not blocking

I can block Google play store and settings but i want to know why that specify app is blocked (SwiftKey board). Because i will feel free giving my mobile to my kids.

I fear other app also will be unlocked.

So i need precautions. 

Thank you 

Hello @Naveed05,

1. Regarding “Because i will feel free giving my mobile to my kids”, does this mean the PIE is used by you or the children? 
  2. How is KSK “Startup” configured?
  3. Also, please let me know the phone manufacturer? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

1.My two kids are using this mobile.

2.Cant understand. 

3.Redmi note 5 pro

Hello @Naveed05 ,

• Thank you for replying and confirming the manufacturer is Xiaomi. 

How to configure automatic restart on XIAOMI devices

Configuration of Kaspersky Safe Kids on Xiaomi devices

• Which device is used to modify the children’s KSK settings 
  • If you’ve removed SwiftKey board & MIUI Music Player and added blocks to GooglePlayStore & Settings, you’re children will not be able to re-install those apps. 
  • Note: the blocks will not stop your children installing apps from other sources. 
  • It’s not possible for KSK to anticipate which apps your children may install from unknown sources. 
  • For 2 children to use the same android, only one KSK child profile can be configured. 

For any remaining issues: 

• Please raise a request with Kaspersky Technical Support, they will require a AIDA64 Report, the Report requested above, images and they may request Logs, captured as an issue is replicated. If Logs are required the Support Team will provide a special KSK version & the correct steps to capture the Logs. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @Naveed05 ,

• Thank you for replying and confirming the manufacturer is Xiaomi. 

How to configure automatic restart on XIAOMI devices

Configuration of Kaspersky Safe Kids on Xiaomi devices

• Which device is used to modify the children’s KSK settings 
  • If you’ve removed SwiftKey board & MIUI Music Player and added blocks to GooglePlayStore & Settings, you’re children will not be able to re-install those apps. 
  • Note: the blocks will not stop your children installing apps from other sources. 
  • It’s not possible for KSK to anticipate which apps your children may install from unknown sources. 
  • For 2 children to use the same android, only one KSK child profile can be configured. 

For any remaining issues: 

• Please raise a request with Kaspersky Technical Support, they will require a AIDA64 Report, the Report requested above, images and they may request Logs, captured as an issue is replicated. If Logs are required the Support Team will provide a special KSK version & the correct steps to capture the Logs. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

The final problem is since Mi music player is System app(default app) so it cant be uninstalled. 

Hello @Naveed05,

If you wish to post the KSK Report I requested earlier and images of all apps (as seen by KSK), I’m happy to assist, otherwise, please raise a request with Kaspersky Technical Support, they will require a AIDA64 Report, the Report requested above, images and they may request Logs, captured as an issue is replicated. If Logs are required the Support Team will provide a special KSK version & the correct steps to capture the Logs. 

After logging the request, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference #, then, normally within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will contact you, also by email; you can continue to communicate with them via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @Naveed05,

If you wish to post the KSK Report I requested earlier and images of all apps (as seen by KSK), I’m happy to assist, otherwise, please raise a request with Kaspersky Technical Support, they will require a AIDA64 Report, the Report requested above, images and they may request Logs, captured as an issue is replicated. If Logs are required the Support Team will provide a special KSK version & the correct steps to capture the Logs. 

After logging the request, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference #, then, normally within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will contact you, also by email; you can continue to communicate with them via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

I will be happy if you help.