Non-stop Rootkit scans

ApostT

I have Kaspersky Security Cloud (v.20.0.14.1085i) and every time i try to play “League of Legends”, it starts rootkit scans. When i am in a match, i have increased cpu and fps drop due to this thing. It finishes the scan and it starts again. I have gaming mode enabled but i think it bypasses it. I stop the scan, return to the game and after 5-10 minutes, the rootkit scan starts again. This doesn’t happen with other games. Is it a bug? I will disable protection until this is fixed.

Rootkit scan runs daily Every 24 hours so let it finish scaning then run game and check if still problém presist.

It is not bug kaspersky detecting of you are on full screen or not... 

I do play the game in full screen, Kaspersky doesn’t respect that. And i did let it finish as you can see in my screenshot twice. See the timestamps (39 min ago and 10 min ago). Same amount of files checked. The “8 min ago” scan stopped by me. When i started playing again, another scan began. Problem presist.

• 1 month later...

I have Kaspersky Total Security 2019 and I get a similar issue. My rootkit scan runs everyday all day, it takes me about 15 minutes everyday to stop this scan to use me computer. The attachment shows the last scan, it duration is 21 hours and 54 minutes. This just recently started this behavior. Is there a setting somewhere to stop this? I have all my schedules changed to manual now and I cannot find anything else to stop this from happening. I have not tried to uninstall and reinstall yet. 

Thank you for the quick reply! Sorry, I do have Kaspersky Total Security 2020. I added the images to the same doc and attached it here as well.

Hello @dougn13111

You’re most welcome!

Thank you for replying and for the additional information👌

• Based on the Scan Report, no Scans ran after 3rd March 2020 until 4th April 2020, a month, when  the Rootkit Scan started and according to the Report, was cancelled, several times, before it registered the abnormally long runtime🤔
  • Please fill us in, detail what’s been happening on the machine in the last 30 days? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

My issue is this app is launching a rootkit scan all the time it seems. I do not have any scheduled tasks for any scans. How can I get Kaspersky Total Security 2020 to stop running this scan? The time frame the scan is taking is secondary, it is important of course and will need to be resolved at some point so I can set my schedules back up.

After a few days I have just discovered my issue was not Kaspersky software it was a game that I play. Civilization 5 on Steam was my entire issue, when I close the game it would hang in the background using all my resources. So, I really did not have an issue with Kaspersky at all.

As far i know rootkit scan does not run if game or app is runinng on full screen but i dont think that the exe file on the background can stop rootkit scan. Maybe yes because game? Hmm

I ran for example game GTA V before this began rootkit scan and minimized game rootkit scan began again (continue) and in detailed reports is rootkit scan restored…

Simply when i run game rootkit scan is paused When i switch back to desktop rootkit scan will continue. 

Once i had problem that rootkit scan does not run few days i reinstalled kaspersky completely and works good.