No way to close this popup window: "We have found websites that collect information about you"

GenoK

Hello @GenoK,

Welcome!

1. Is the installed software Kaspersky Security Cloud Free? 
  2. Is the popup happening in a browser - may we have a full screen image please?
  3. If “browser” , does the popup happen in every supported browser?
  4. What Notification settings have been configured? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @GenoK,

Thank you for the update👌

• Unfortunately, it’s Kaspersky’s way of “encouraging” folks to use Kaspersky’s licensed software = “advertising”😖
  • I agree there should be a X on any/every GUI popup, irrespective🤔 

🅰 Run a GSI & Windows Logs & attach📎 to your reply

🅱 Generate Traces, as follows:

1. Enable Traces
  2. Shutdown system using Shutdown, not Restart, power device on, login.
  3. Make sure Kaspersky Security Cloud is running, replicate the popup or wait until it “pops”
  4. Disable Traces.
  5. Attach📎 the Traces zip to your reply please? 

Note: Traces can be very large, the goal is to capture the issue in the shortest time possible. 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @GenoK,

Agreed, there’s nothing subtle about Kaspersky’s advertising, however, the no X issue, having to exit Kaspersky’s GUI to get rid of the popup, is a bug, that Kaspersky should fix, to do that, they insist on “us” providing data, even tho the issue can easily be replicated😥

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 5 months later...

I am experiencing this same issue. I have the free version but disabled all Kaspersky notifications in app and in windows. WHY am I still receiving these UNEXITABLE POPUPS!!!!!!!! It is one thing to to have a popup but to force me to needlessly open the app is the worst design choice ever. This makes me hate you. I am going to remove your garbage product from every computer I own if you don’t get rid of these [Inadequate language removed by Moderator] popups. Do you seriously think I am going to trust some piece of trash design like this? I will never give you money and I will bad mouth your company till I die If you don’t get rid of this trash you brain dead dolts.

I am experiencing this same issue. I have the free version but disabled all Kaspersky notifications in app and in windows. WHY am I still receiving these UNEXITABLE POPUPS!? It is one thing to to have a popup but to force me to needlessly open the app is the worst design choice ever. 

Hello @mcg

Welcome!

This issue is supposed to have been fixed

To enable us to test, please tell us:

1. Is KSC free version 21.2.16.590(a) installed? 
  2. May we know your location/country please? 
  3. Has a clean install of KSC free 21.2.16.590(abeen done? 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

@Flood and Flood's wife Hey! Thank you so much for your response 🙂 It looks like I am running 21.1.15.500 located in the US. I will try that now. 

Hello @mcg

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you so much for providing the feedback👌

• To apply the patch, after updating the version, shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, make sure KSCF is active, run a manual Database update, shutdown the computer again, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, make sure KSCF is active, recheck the issue? 
  • NOTE: it may be necessary to do the shutdown steps a number of times before the patch applies. 

Please let us know if the issue persists with patch(a)?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋