No sound on PC

I installed Kaspersky Total Security on my son’s desktop yesterday and it disabled the sound. Checked device manager Tried numerous fixes including uninstalling audio, renaming the Realtek folder and reinstalling the drivers. Kept saying “no audio devices found”  After an hour or so decided to uninstall Kaspersky and that corrected the problem.  

• 1 month later...

Seems the loss of sound card after installing Kaspersky is a common problem they are unable to fix. I contacted tech support and the asked me to disable KTS and said that is audio card was still not installed it was my problem.

I have installed KTS on 3 other computers without issue, so clearly it is a problem on some computers only. My only option is to choose another antivirus fix.

• 4 weeks later...

i heard this is a good anti virus, installed kaspersky today and found this issue with the sound is been going for years, Windows can’t solve the problem, reseting the pc does not solve the problem either, so i’m going for other antivirus, is easier to uninstall kaspersky and install another better, than waste hours finding the configuration, or drivers that requires to solve this problem.

• 3 weeks later...