no longer has the option to turn off the computer when the scan is compete [merged]

Bob1949

This feature will probably back soon with a patch...

I surely hope so. I’m a heavy user and can’t afford the slowdown caused by running a full scan in background during work. So I always did my full scans on Friday evening, with the option set to shut down after scan concludes, so that my machine wasn’t running all weekend.  Now I have to live with poor system performance for 2-3 hours during workday to run the scan. BS.

Society of Software Designers’ Mission Statement: If it ain’t broke, BREAK IT!!!

bd

This feature will probably back soon with a patch...

I surely hope so. I’m a heavy user and can’t afford the slowdown caused by running a full scan in background during work. So I always did my full scans on Friday evening, with the option set to shut down after scan concludes, so that my machine wasn’t running all weekend.  Now I have to live with poor system performance for 2-3 hours during workday to run the scan. BS.

Society of Software Designers’ Mission Statement: If it ain’t broke, BREAK IT!!!

bd

Amen bro’

I remember a K. developer commented in the community that will back... anyway I never run full scans, I would dare to say that they are not necessary… I ran scheduled (everyday) Quick Scans, with some system folders added to the scope (where malware usually attack the system → C:\ProgramData\ C:\Users\), that would be more than enough… all the not scanned folders in the device are covered by FileAV resident protection in case You access to them, so I consider a waste of time and resources to run a full scan…

Added: a small tweak to change in Full Scan settings:

I remember a K. developer commented in the community that will back... anyway I never run full scans, I would dare to say that they are not necessary… I ran scheduled (everyday) Quick Scans, with some system folders added to the scope (where malware usually attack the system → C:\ProgramData\ C:\Users\), that would be more than enough… all the not scanned folders in the device are covered by FileAV resident protection in case You access to them, so I consider a waste of time and resources to run a full scan…

Added: a small tweak to change in Full Scan settings:

I am going to chime in on/piggy back on/ditto/me too/second/also/agree with/plus 1/and repeat what harlan posted in the post above this post. 

Full scan is a relic of a bygone era, before the age of real time protection dawned more than a few years ago. Up to date operating system and applications, up to date version of Kaspersky, databases up to date, real time protection enabled, and default settings are all good/great/fine and sufficient. Best to do a full scan after newly installing Kaspersky on the computer for the first time. After that, just relax and follow the usual rules for safe computing: Keep everything upgraded/up to date, etc. 

By the way, the option to turn off the computer after full scan is done was removed for a specific reason. When the time is right, this feature may return. Until then, enjoy safe computing. :)

I’m a belt-and-suspenders kind of guy...the more protection in my control, the better. So yeah, a lifelong habit of running full scans at least once a week is now built into my DNA. Maybe foolish, but if nothing else provides a modicum of placebo-effect type ease of mind.

While I’m dissing the latest KIS build, let me inquire as to why the absence of a shortcut icon for Safe Money? My twitch reflex is to start SM from my Start menu, and I still wonder why it’s not there anymore.

Just akin’.

bd

Let me inquire as to why the absence of a shortcut icon for Safe Money? My twitch reflex is to start SM from my Start menu, and I still wonder why it’s not there anymore.

Just akin’. bd

Hello @borkduck,

Welcome again!

• Kaspersky removed the SafeMoney shortcut that was automatically generated when the software was installed.
  • SafeMoney shortcut is now an option that can be manually created

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

I used to run a full scan each day and then use the option in Kaspersky to automatically turn the computer off after the scan was done. The new version of Kaspersky does not have that option. Please bring it back.

Hello @Glenn39,

Welcome!

According to @Anton Mefodys

quote:

There is a known suggestion to retrieve this setting back:

4407701 - Suggestion to return the option to shut down PC after Full Scan task is complete ” 

unquote

Reference topic: no longer has the option to turn off the computer when the scan is compete raised by @Bob1949 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

when you changed the format/look and feel of the user interface you removed the tool that, to me, was THE MOST IMPORTANT FEATURE OF THE INTERNER SECURITY TOOL,

This was the ONE feature that differentiated Kaspersky from all the others and a tool I used it every day.  The tool that SHUT DODW THE COMPUTER WHEN THE FULL SCAN COMPLETES. 

Every day the last thing I do is run a complete scan, check the SHUT DOWN COMPUTER ON COMPLETION button and walk away.

If you do not restore this feature I will NOT renew my subscription !!!

Hello @rgranvill

Welcome!

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

• 5 months later...