No backup codes for 2FA?

nicos18
Go to solution Solved by Berny,

Hi,

Some time ago, it was enabled the option to activate 2FA on My Kaspersky website in order to have a better protection for the account.

But I noticed that there isn’t any section where I can create backup codes if I both loose my SIM card and my smartphone, or even worse, if someone stole my phone with my SIM. If something like this happens, I could loose access to My Kaspersky.

Why isn’t possible to create backup codes? I think that should be added as soon as possible.

Thanks

@nicos18 Welcome.  Didn’t you install your 2FA application on another device which should offer you the option to modify your mobile number ?

Actually, I use Enpass as 2FA app method, but the point is another.

I think that there must be the option to create backup code(s) to access the account in case something goes wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

Some time ago, it was enabled the option to activate 2FA on My Kaspersky website in order to have a better protection for the account.

But I noticed that there isn’t any section where I can create backup codes if I both loose my SIM card and my smartphone, or even worse, if someone stole my phone with my SIM. If something like this happens, I could loose access to My Kaspersky.

Why isn’t possible to create backup codes? I think that should be added as soon as possible.

Thanks

Hello there, I was about to create a new topic, but I’ve found this one and it’s exactly what I was worried about.

Today I wanted to test the my kaspersky site to find my phone, but then the surprise: you must enter a code sent to your phone to sign in!!! Are you kidding me, Kaspersky? I’ve lost my phone and I can’t use the ‘Find my phone’ function because of this nonsense two factor authentication? And there is no other option to sign in like sending a code to your mail or a backup code! This is really serious and needs to be fixed as soon as possible 😡😡😡.