New Ethernet Network Detected, Nord VPN, TAP adapter. [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by s3dbw,

Having installed Nord VPN on a a win10 (64bit) PC I keep getting this every time I start the PC, despite telling Kaspersky to accept it. NordVPN requires the TAP adapter so removal is not an option Any suggestions? Thanks

• Solution
Finally think I have resolved this issue, so for anyone with a similar problem! You need to add an exclusion for the Virtual Port 1. Open your Kaspersky application. From the left-hand bottom corner click on the small cog wheel to enter the Settings menu. 2. Once in the Settings menu, from the left-hand side please select the last option 'Additional' 3. In 'Additional' in the right-hand side click on the option 'Network' 4. Once in the Network Settings, under 'Encrypted Connections Scanning' locate the 'Manage Exclusions' option and click it. 5. A new box will appear, click on Add and add the resource 10.3.0.1 On reboot, the following then appears in the C:Windows\Temp and attempts to run the tapinstall.cmd file. Block this, then add to list of files that Kaspersky does not trust. You may also have to go into C:\Windows\System32\Drivers and rename visctap0901.sys to visctap0901.sys.old So far it is working, however its still annoying that telling Kaspersky in the first instance to accept it is not sufficient to stop reappearance and you need to go to these lengths to fix!