New computer removing McAffe

Go to solution Solved by Berny,

Hello,

Long  time user of KIS  and  Kaspersky VPN .

I  had  to get  a   new Desktop which  came preinstalled with McAffe .

HP ( Home )  windows 11 ( 64bit ) .I read KIS  was  compatible with  the 64 bit ( Windows ). I know I have to uninstall McAffe. 

The plan is to use this guide  doing  both steps 1 and 2

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/guide-for-completely-removing-mcafee/5faf0655-10c1-4315-bc7b-2d91065e6a6a

Hopefully  that  will totally remove McAffe.

I have My Kaspersky with all the current  activation codes .

I am also going to reinstall the VPN

Before I start , was  wanting to  make  sure I was on the  correct track , since it  been years  since I  had to  remove another program before re-installing  KIS

So wanted to  check here before I  start to see if that  sounds  like its all I  would need to  do ? 

Thanks 😀

Thanks ....  so  when  I  am  ready  to  reinstall  Kaspersky.

It  sounds  like  it  may  be  best  to  reinstall  old  Kaspersky  Internet  Security   and  activate  with activation  code ? 

Then  install  new  Kaspersky standard  over  the   top  of  KIS ?

Or ...  just  download  Kaspersky  Standard  from  the  link  you  provide  for  current  users ?

@cdt You are welcome.

Both procedures are possible , but the easiest way is to download & install Kaspersky Standard. Can you please provide your géographical location as well as the language version that you are running ?

Ok  here  are the steps I had to do .

1. removed McAfee from add and  remove programs. It  appeared to be successful . 

Started the Kaspersky standard installation , it detected McAfee WebAdvisor was still detected .  and incompatable . I was  not  really surprised about  that WebAdvisor was  not  removed by  just deleting from  the  add  and   remove

2 So I  cancelled installation , and  use the  McAfee  tool and  ran. Then went  back  to  install Kaspersky .

3. Installation  went well , already   ran  quick  scan  all  is   good , so  no  more issues

Just  wanted  to  update how it  went  for me  on   windows 11.

Thanks  again

😃

• Thanks 1