Netflix, Prime etc.. (Streaming)

Hi Bern,

Welcome back!

So I understand clearly, please add more information to both: 

1. Will it be possible to stream via Secure Connection in future?
  2. Atm, streaming will be blocked via VPN by Amazon Prime and Netflix.

Also: regarding 2. “Atm, streaming will be blocked via VPN by Amazon Prime and Netflix” , please include examples, of what is blocked & at which remote virtual location?

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello again Flood,

I made a WLAN connection to “Freewave” (Free WLAN Hotspots in Hospitals and Hotels).

At the same time i made a VPN with Kaspersky VPN - virtual location “Germany, Sweden and automatic” but when i try to see a Netflix or an Amazon Prime Video, i get an error message, with the information that i can’t stream / see videos trough an VPN.

Kind regards

bern

Hello Flood and Molann,

Thanks, is it official that video streaming will be developed?

b.)

I did try it with US as location but it makes no difference. As soon as i log in with prime video or netflix, VPN will be detected and streaming is not possible.

But i have seen there are different VPNs out there with streaming support.

Was a bit frustrating to be in a hospital with a fresh license and then i could not watch prime or netflix via secure connection.

Kind regards

bern

Hello @bern

• I’m sorry to read you’ve been 🤒 unwell, I do hope you’re feeling better?
  • I set KSC-VPN to US, forked out 10 bucks to Netflix, watched SpongeBob

bc the film is copyrighted, I can’t embed the video (I made for you) here, I’ve configured it as unlisted, but Utube has changed that to private😓

1. From what I understand of your description above, you wished to push your VPN traffic out via a “Hospital Freewave Wireless Local Area Network hotspot”, is that correct? 
  2. When you set KSC-VPN to US, access Netflix, select a movie, what happens, please post images and error information

Please let me know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello Bern,

I’ve just returned from an interesting & illuminating excursion, all the places I visited had free public wifi, I went to Best Buy, MacDonalds, Local Library, major public Hospital & Starbucks.

At Starbucks, Best Buy, MacDonalds, using the Kaspersky Secure Connection-vpn, I routed the traffic via US, logged into Netflix, watched/streamed movies without any difficulty (& consumed more ☕  than I should have🙃 )

At both the Hospital & the Library I was unable to use the Kaspersky Secure Connection-vpn, to route the traffic, to log into Netflix.

At the Hospital, I checked the Inpatient Hospital guide, the free public wifi fine print, is referred to as free conditional guest Wi-Fi access.

I then visited the Local Council, spoke with their Digital/Web Tech manager, he advised: all Libraries, Hospitals & the like, have policies that do not allow for free public wifi services to support the use of VPN’s (by members of the public) across the networks. In other words, the Hospitals, Libraries etc., have free limited public wifi.

Obviously we do not know your location, (imo), if the Hospital where you were a patient, has a similar policy, it would account for why Kaspersky Secure Connection-vpn solution did not work.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Will it be possible to stream via Secure Connection in future?

At the moment, streaming will be blocked via VPN by Amazon Prime and Netflix.

I was previously told  video streaming support is already in development.

I guess it might become official only once and if Kaspersky announces this. However not sure if such support can be publically stated. Anyways, if I`d be having more info or will notice some improvements in streaming - will try not to forget to post an update here at least:)

Hi together - I’ve to interrupt here.

Kaspersky is not a provider of VPN (Virtual Private Network) services. If access to specific websites or services is limited in the VPN service provider's region, you will not be able to access these websites and services through Kaspersky Secure Connection. 

Secure Connection - Application usage restriction

This means, that Kaspersky does not want geoblocks to be circumvented with the help of Secure Connection, but simply wants to increase user security, e.g. by concealing the IP address, thus preventing tracking or securing surfing via public Wifi hotspots. It may be that some secure connection servers are blacklisted by Netflix & Co. Others are not. In this case, the random principle applies, with which IP you finally connect to the streaming provider.

If bypassing geoblocking is still important to you, you should consider using a pure VPN provider. I personally use MullvadVPN , for example, because anonymity is extremely important to me and you can pay with cash, cryptocurrency and you don't have to provide an email address.

Best regards,
Intrusus

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem with Kapersky safe kids. I want to allow my child to watch Netflix and HBO during the times his devices are unblocked. I have added both to exclusions and selected “allowed”. He gets access to the homepages but gets an error message when he tries to watch any film or series, even children’s films. The only way to allow him is by pausing kapersky, which defeats the purpose of having it at all. Can anyone help, please?

• 1 month later...

Hi All, and as well as above posts.

Restrictions for the use of secure connection.

Kaspersky Lab is not a provider of VPN (Virtual Private Network) services. If access to specific websites or services is limited in the VPN service provider's region, you will not be able to access these websites and services through the Secure Connection feature.

https://help.kaspersky.com/KSCloud/Android1.0/en-US/140386.htm

Thank you.

• 5 months later...

@bern@molann.@intrusus@auroragarcialpz@vinicius

Update from Kaspersky’s blog, Hugh Aver, October 23, 2020: Five life hacks for Netflix usersHow to access content from anywhere in the world

Another Netflix issue is its location-tied content. Want to watch a show on vacation abroad? You might be disappointed. Want to improve your language skills with a foreign film? It might not play.

Fortunately, that problem has an easy solution: the latest version of Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection. The VPN redirects data via an encrypted channel through one of hundreds of transit servers located all around the world, making Netflix catalogs for the US and UK available in any corner of the globe. If one transit server suddenly goes down, there is always another to connect to.

Incidentally, Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection solves another issue with online viewing. Some ISPs monitor Netflix video streams and slow them down, forcing the service to lower the transmission speed, which degrades picture quality. That way the ISP saves bandwidth — at the expense of your viewing experience. Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection encrypts data so that ISPs cannot detect video streaming, thereby giving you the speed and the picture quality you paid for.

Thank you?

Flood?+?

• 1 month later...

Hi, Attached the error when trying to watch a title in Amazon Prime europe, connected to a Brazilian VPN. Is there any way to workaround it?  Thanks.

Hello @gzrbr

Welcome!

• Amazon Prime uses geo-blocking, have you tried testing the issue by connecting to all remaining 33 remote virtual servers? 

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋