my mobile and tablet could not talk to chromecast unit.

Go to solution Solved by BesO,

Hey guys,

I installed security cloud on my android tablet and mobile a month ago.  Today I spent 2 hours trying to figure out why google home had casting disabled on my devices. I could see the chromecast connecting to the internet but my mobile and tablet could not talk to chromecast unit.

After trying everything else I uninstalled kaspersky security cloud and presto its all working. 

Why is Kaspersky blocking chromecast ?

Very unexpected and annoying. 

Hello @chrome33,

Welcome!
Please tell us:

1. Mobile device name, operating system version & build?
  2. Android Tablet operating sytem version & build?
  3. Kaspersky Security Cloud version & patch on both mobile device & Android Tablet? 
  4. Chomecast unit device name, operating system version & build
  5. How does the Chromecast unit connect to the internet?
  6. Is Google Home application installed on the Chromecast Unit? 
  7. Download & run an AIDA64 Report on both the mobile device & the Android Tablet, attach📎 both Reports to your reply? 
  8. Is Kaspersky Security Cloud licensed? 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi,

As I uninstalled cloud security to make things work I am unable to say what version had the issue. But I had installed cloud security about 4 weeks ago so I assume it was the latest version. I have a family 20 seat licence.

I keep all my devices up to date, Samsung S10 and Samsung Tab2. And a bought a new Chromecast Ultra because I thought the 9month old unit had died. I could not explain why the casting button was greyed out (in active) on the mobile devices. 

This is what I did, initially I tried to re-install google home app and reset google chromecast ultra to factory defaults to re-do setup. I could see the chromecast connect to my wifi network but at the end of setup google home said it cannot detect chromecast unit and ensure your devices (TV, Chromecast unit, mobile device) are on the same wifi network. Which they all were.

Because the chromecast was brand new I did checked my router and settings but that all seemed OK. Finally I realised the only new change in the last 4 weeks was the addition of cloud security tools and both mobile devices. 

I re-installed cloud security today and chromecast ultra is still working. Unable to explain why its now working ok.

I hope kaspersky tools in future will pop up a message saying “Google home is trying to connect to a device” and prompt the user to confirm ok. Rather than block connectivity without asking.

Thanks

Hello @chrome33,

Thanks for posting back. I’m glad the issue is resolved👌

If there are any future Kaspersky software problems, please always provide:

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Resource:

Kaspersky Security Cloud for Android

Hi Again,

Sorry to say Security cloud is now blocking my samsung s2 tablet from casting to my google chromecast ultra.  It was working but just now the casting icon was disabled (greyed out) and I had to remove security cloud to get google home casting working again.

So security cloud was working ok for the last week or so and now has started blocking google chromecast.

I have attached a screen shot of the samsung tab s2 android kernel information. 

So everything works ok when I remove security cloud. Version 1.6.0.1312

Please fix security cloud.

Thanks

Stuart

Hello @chrome33, Stuart,

Welcome back!

Unfortunately, I have no chromecast devices to test, replicate the issue, therefore, please contact Kaspersky Technical Support, they’ll require: 

1. All device names, operating system version & build?
  2. Kaspersky software name, version& patch(x)?
  3. Detailed history.
  4. Full screen images.
  5. AIDA64 Report
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Resource:

Kaspersky Security Cloud for Android

What is Kaspersky Security Cloud for Android?

Kaspersky Security Cloud for Android Library

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I also experience exactly the Same issue with 2 Samsung Note 10+, but not on galaxy tab 10.1. or Chrome on PC.

I have Chromecast Gen2 and “Ultra” Gen3, no difference between the Chromecast Hardware Type, both dont show as soon KSC installed on Android.

On the tab i have no KSC installed, there Chromecast works like a charm, as soon KSC is removed from the Note10+ it works like a charm as well.

It is very clear that this is a KSC Issue, no matter what kaspersky wants to see described in all points above, Screenshots will only show a present or non present Chromecast Icon, i can really see this only as a stalling mechanism to keep the people busy without them concentrating on solving the issue!

It doesnt matter at all which device or which build and all that stuff, it´s very simple...with KSC there is no Chromecast, also it does not matter if in “Home, Youtube, Play Movies, Migogo, Ivi...etc….KSN should just stop blocking the Cromecast Traffic, without asking all this Crap! 

Martin

Hello @chrome33,

Welcome!

• The Kaspersky Community members who reply to topics have no ulterior motives, however, you may choose to believe whatever you wish.
  • Please contact Kaspersky Technical Support, follow the guidance posted above, which you’ve clearly read.
  • Note: to enable the Kaspersky Technical Team to assist (you), they will require data.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 4 months later...

Having the same issue with Chromecast becoming unavailable. Using a Samsung S-9 with Android 10, and One UI version 2.Using a licensed Kapersky Security Cloud version 1.34.0.20 which was last updated September 14, 2020. Lost availability to cast to all Chromecast devices (Ultra, & 2nd Gen Chromecast) as well as Google Home Displays. Getting ready to uninstall Security Cloud temporarily so I can watch the news. Might re-install later. 

Having the same issue with Chromecast becoming unavailable. Using a Samsung S-9 with Android 10, and One UI version 2.Using a licensed Kapersky Security Cloud version 1.34.0.20 which was last updated September 14, 2020. Lost availability to cast to all Chromecast devices (Ultra, & 2nd Gen Chromecast) as well as Google Home Displays. Getting ready to uninstall Security Cloud temporarily so I can watch the news. Might re-install later. 

Hello @KevDEng1432

Welcome!

• Please contact Kaspersky Technical Support, provide them with full history, including all recovery & trouble shooting steps, full screen images, a Samsung AIDA64 Report; Support may request Traces, they will guide you; fill in the request template using our image as a guide

• Note, none of the Chromecast devices are covered by the Kaspersky software Support contract. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood+1🐳

Disclaimer, we have no association with Kaspersky. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi All,

Have you found the solution to this issue??? I have exactly the same problem. Kaspersky is always stopping me accessing my Chromecast.

@KevDEng1432, have you found a workaround for this issue?

Only way to make it work is by uninstalling Kaspersky from my mobile and tablet.

Can someone help/advise? I assume Support has already responded to some of you guys… please do not tell me that I need to raise it with Kaspersky Technical Support. Otherwise, what would be the point of this forum…

Thanks.

Hello @maracucho

Welcome!

The point of the Community is to share ideas & help one another, the reason we recommend contacting Technical Support is:

1. If the symptoms are similar, it does not mean the root cause(s) is/are the same.
  2. The more cases Kaspersky has for an issue, the possibility of them seeing the “issue” as a “bug”, increases. 
  3. Your subscription pays for Technical Support.
  4. Technical Support may require your data, logs, traces etc, especially for an issue such as this, it’s not possible to submit that data via the Community. 
  5.  Technical Support will allocate a unique, trackable reference, associated just with you, the Community cannot do that. 
  6. Kaspersky Technical Support do not “analyse” issues based on what’s provided in the Community. 
  7. Your “efforts” may help another/other Kaspersky user(s)

there’s dozens more… 

Choice remains with you. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hi All,

Have you found the solution to this issue??? I have exactly the same problem. Kaspersky is always stopping me accessing my Chromecast.

@KevDEng1432, have you found a workaround for this issue?

Only way to make it work is by uninstalling Kaspersky from my mobile and tablet.

Can someone help/advise? I assume Support has already responded to some of you guys… please do not tell me that I need to raise it with Kaspersky Technical Support. Otherwise, what would be the point of this forum…

Thanks.

The only work around I found was to remove the security cloud from the device I was trying to cast from. I kept the anti-virus, but removed the security cloud. Now I can cast without any issues. I still have security cloud on the laptop, just removed it from phone.

Hi @KevDEng1432  Thanks very much 🙂 … I though the same, but that is like having a Ferrari that you cannot use. If my mobile is stolen, then I assume I would not be able to lock it. would I?

It would be really annoying if I have to uninstall the security cloud every time I want to cast my Amazon Prime, youtube, netflix programs etc.

They should have a kind of exception or white list mechanism 😞 ...

@Flood and Flood's wife , thanks for the explanation. I miswrote… My intention was to look someone that already received response from technical support as this post is more than one years old. So I assumed that technical support at least provided a workaround to some of the participants of this forum thread. As you can see, it has been marked as SOLVED so in theory someone can give me a workaround like KevDEng did.

Thanks very much. Really Appreciated

• 1 month later...

Totally agree with maracucho. Question raised 12 months ago, plus several times since.  For the last few months I was aware my chromecast has been unavailable but wasn't urgent (infrequent use).  Just recently realised that I have the same problem - uninstall Kaspersky and chromecast is immediately available. Reinstall and it disappears.  Have logged a tech support request but not hopeful.  Surely someone knows what is going on?

• Solution

Gents I found solutions after multi troubleshooting 

You need to go Kasper cloud then click on "Devices on my network " then give access always for location 

Chrome cast will work and appear  after that immediately