My Kaspersky says in the report that I am logging in on another device, when it is false.

Go to solution Solved by Berny,

Good Day.

I'm using the new Kaspersky Standard 21.9.6.465 (Windows 10 Home) and so far everything is working.
I just noticed a strange thing.
Whenever I start "My Kaspersky" on my device (an desktop) that is linked to my account, in the reports in System Audit, the indication that I am starting My Kaspersky on another device always appears, which is not true.
Is this a GUI error or something else.
Attached screenshot of the notice translated from Portuguese to English:
"Today, 12/04/2023 10:53:14 You signed in to your My Kaspersky account from another device Protection Today, 12/04/2023 10:53:13 Google Chrome Desktop Windows Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/112.0.0.0 Safari/537.36"

Thank you very much for any clarification.

Capturar.PNG

7 minutes ago, Berny disse:

@JPEKaspersky

Hello,

Apart from login on your desktop device or on another device the notification is always the same, please see below two different (desktop and iPad) login notifications.

Hide contents

k_other_device_03.thumb.jpg.7505d4b60565c73e1becba15efe4a29f.jpg

Hello @Berny ?
Thanks for your info, luckily it looks like it's by design, so if this is happening with @Berny , can I rest assured ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JPEKaspersky said:

Whenever I start "My Kaspersky" on my device (a desktop) that is linked to my account, in the reports in System Audit, the indication that I am starting My Kaspersky on another device always appears, which is not true.

Hello @JPEKaspersky

1. Just checking, (you) do use 2FA, correct? 
  2. The You signed in to your My Kaspersky account from another device - event - is showing bc - it's a configurable event in Settings, Interface SettingsNotification Settings, Events, Save in Local Report -> (image 1). 
  3. (you) must sign into MyKaspersky a lot! Our Report for a year: (image 2) ?

image.thumb.jpeg.0845e5ecb5a4d310803c12b861fe6e31.jpeg   image.thumb.jpeg.76d404d5c1cef02facac6dac26dce955.jpeg

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Like 1

1 hora atrás, Flood and Flood's wife disse:

Hello @JPEKaspersky

1. Just checking, (you) do use 2FA, correct? 
  2. The You signed in to your My Kaspersky account from another device - event - is showing bc - it's a configurable event in Settings, Interface SettingsNotification Settings, Events, Save in Local Report -> (image 1). 
  3. (you) must sign into MyKaspersky a lot! Our Report for a year: (image 2) ?

image.thumb.jpeg.0845e5ecb5a4d310803c12b861fe6e31.jpeg   image.thumb.jpeg.76d404d5c1cef02facac6dac26dce955.jpeg

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Hello @Flood and Flood's wife

I already used 2FA in the past, now I haven't used it for a long time, since the time of KIS, as I had a lot of problems accessing My Kaspersky, because many times the code did not come or it took a long time to arrive on the cell phone, or on the website it said that it was under maintenance and I stopped using 2FA (it's a risk, but many times I couldn't access the site because of the delay).

I only have one protected device (I bought a two-year license for one device at an ATM, a possibility I was given in my country, luckily I didn't have to use a credit card) and that's my desktop and the only device linked to my account from the K Standard.

The screenshots look identical to yours (but in Portuguese).!

Yes, today I was there for a long time, because my desktop only said that My Kaspersky was under maintenance, then it passed and it returned to normal.
Also, whenever I come to the community, in addition to leaving this one, I also have to leave My Kaspersky, because it also goes there when I update that page, it opens automatically after I press F5 and I have to close it.?

Thanks?

1.PNG

2.PNG

• Thanks 1

Hello @Berny and @Flood and Flood's wife, and sorry but just one more question.

I spoke via chat with technical support:
Unfortunately, the response was not positive (as usual) and I became suspicious. 

They said this:
"Good afternoon, this is a notification from kaspersky informing you about the access you had on My kaspersky. I checked and it only has your device connected, so it could probably be your device that is alerting you."

I wasn't happy with the next answer that said it could be a bug in my system and application.?

But after all this happens when you are connect even on your own devices linked to your licenses, or unfortunately it's my mistake.

Thank you very much for any clarification from you, because thanks to the clarifications that the community members have been giving me, these have been much more enlightening! ?

• Thanks 1

Hello @JPEKaspersky

You're most welcome!

We tested the 'issue' after (you) posted the topic, the only thing that surprised us was that (you) seemed to have so many events, but you may log into (your) MyK account frequently (we don't know), from our report which we showed above & the test we did after disconnecting the app, from MyK & reconnecting, to generate the following report:

image.thumb.jpeg.638802e7a902817f06a6a22b3e4e5ded.jpeg

1. One other thing you may check please - in Settings, Interface SettingsNotification Settings, Events, is You signed in to your My Kaspersky account from another device also Checked for Notify on Screen or UncheckedIF it's Checked - do the events show in the Windows Notification Center

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply, which makes me clear and rested.?

Yes, under Settings , Interface Settings , Notification Settings , Events , Signed in to your My Kaspersky account from another device, it is checked to Notify on screen.

Yes, I often log into my My Kaspersky account, to check if there are no intrusions and if only the name of my device is there.

However, when I enter My Kaspersky, no notification appears on the screen, only in the reports.
Otherwise, all other notifications (certificate error, phishing page, etc., appear in the on-screen notifications). ?

Best regards and sorry for my questions! ?

Edited by JPEKaspersky
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Berny disse:

@JPEKaspersky

Also , please check your Windows notification settings for Kaspersky :
→ "Show notification in action center"  → ? ON/OFF ?

Hide contents

k_other_device_04.thumb.jpg.4045cae5dc416e6c8983ad90df05251c.jpg

k_other_device_01.thumb.jpg.bb26243a6c94461f535a2a56f525e53d.jpg

Hello @Berny

Yes, Windows notification settings for Kaspersky: Show notification in action center is enabled.

Also, many people complain about receiving notifications to restart the application and that they receive a lot of ads from Kaspersky, and in my experience with Kaspersky products since 2012, I have never received such messages.

Capturar.PNG

4 hours ago, JPEKaspersky said:

Yes, I often log into my My Kaspersky account, to check if there are no intrusions and if only the name of my device is there.

Yes, under Settings , Interface Settings , Notification Settings , Events , Signed in to your My Kaspersky account from another device, it is checked to Notify on screen.

However, when I enter My Kaspersky, no notification appears on the screen, only in the reports.
Otherwise, all other notifications (certificate error, phishing page, etc., appear in the on-screen notifications). ?

Best regards and sorry for my questions! ?

Hello @JPEKaspersky

Thank you so much for posting back, never ever apologize about *extra* questions & *thank you* for confirming the answer? to our ?very specific question? as follows:

In Settings, Interface Settings, Notification Settings, Events, 'You signed in to your My Kaspersky account from another device' is Checked for Notify on Screen & Save in Local Report *but*, whenever 'You signed in to your My Kaspersky account from another device' events happen in REALTIME & are recorded in the Local Report, the same *SPECIFIC* events *do not show in the Windows Notification Center*. 

?This is an OLD issue, supposed to be fixed in this software release -> ping @Igor Kurzin, you'll recall this one well, it's been round the ballpark many times?
Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Thanks 1

5 horas atrás, Flood and Flood's wife disse:

Hello @JPEKaspersky

Thank you so much for posting back, never ever apologize about *extra* questions & *thank you* for confirming the answer? to our ?very specific question? as follows:

In Settings, Interface Settings, Notification Settings, Events, 'You signed in to your My Kaspersky account from another device' is Checked for Notify on Screen & Save in Local Report *but*, whenever 'You signed in to your My Kaspersky account from another device' events happen in REALTIME & are recorded in the Local Report, the same *SPECIFIC* events *do not show in the Windows Notification Center*. 

?This is an OLD issue, supposed to be fixed in this software release -> ping @Igor Kurzin, you'll recall this one well, it's been round the ballpark many times?
Thank you?
Flood?+?

Okay, thank you very much for your clarification, I feel more relaxed thanks to the explanation given. ?

Thank you very much @Flood and Flood's wife?

Best regards.?

JP

• Thanks 1