Multiple incorrect passwords for an account in password manager

IanRC

Most of the time password manager works fine with only the appropriate login names and passwords displayed for any particular website.  However, for one particular banking website, when pressing on the Kaspersky key next to the login name field on the login webpage password manager displays virtually all the stored login names it has saved rather than the login names for that particular website.  This means I have to scroll through all the other account logins to find the login name for that particular website.  I have previously reported this issue to support but it remains unresolved.  Grateful for any potential solutions.

Screenshot 2022-12-09 142010.png

28 minutes ago, IanRC said:
  1. one particular banking website, when pressing on the Kaspersky key next to the login name field on the login webpage password manager displays virtually all the stored login names it has saved rather than the login names for that particular website. 
  2. This means I have to scroll through all the other account logins to find the login name for that particular website. 
  3. I have previously reported this issue to support but it remains unresolved. 

Hello @IanRC

Welcome!

1. The title of (your) topic: "Multiple incorrect passwords for an account in password manager", is it the issue? IF 'yes', that's an easy fix?
  2. Does the same issue repeat in all Supported browsers
  3. For that particular banking website, is Autologin enabled? 
  4. IF you access the login name field - from the KPM extension - SEARCH, does the filter find the bank, without 'all the other account logins that are stored in KPM'? 
  5. Please share the incident reference number - it begins with INC000?

Please post back?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added extra question

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks for the reply, I have been away.

Certainly the issue repeats in Chrome and Edge.

No autologin is not enabled.

Oddly if I do a search for the bank within the KPM extension the bank is not found, even though it is clearly recognised as one with saved login names and passwords when the website is accessed directly from a browser.

Where do I find the incident reference number.

Grateful for your assistance.

Hello @IanRC

You're most welcome!

No problem whatsoever! Thank you for posting back & the information!

1. The incident reference number will be in the subject line & body of the automated email (you) received when (you) logged the incident.
  • We'd recommend doing the following steps please:
  1. Create a Windows System Restore Point:  - read & follow instructions: How to create a restore point in Windows.
  2. Create a Windows KPM Back up - read & follow instructions: Back up data
  3. Exit KPM. 
  4. Close all browsers. 
    1. Uninstall KPM - read & follow instructions: Uninstall Kaspersky Password Manager for Microsoft Windows - during the uninstall, you may be required to tick checkboxes - leaves *all* checkboxes empty except for the License information, please tick that & proceed with the uninstall. 
  5. At the completion of the KPM uninstall, shutdown the computer using SHUTDOWN, not Restart, power on the computer by pressing the Power button, login, then proceed with step 7. 
  6. Confirm Computer requirements
  7. Download and install Kaspersky Password Manager
  8. Select browsers you use to surf the internet
  9. Connect to My Kaspersky.
  10. Install Kaspersky Password Manager extensions.
  11. Use autosave and autofill - not mandatory. 
  12. Recheck the back issue - IF it persists, please contact the Kaspersky Support again as they may need to look at logs, traces & other data, please also keep the Kaspersky Community in the loop? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Thanks, unfortunately this has not solved the issue.

Thinking about it this problem occurs on more than one device. This suggests to me that somehow the database of passwords is corrupted rather than the KPM installation itself.

18 hours ago, IanRC said:
  1. Unfortunately this has not solved the issue.
  • Thinking about it this problem occurs on more than one device. This suggests to me that somehow the database of passwords is corrupted rather than the KPM installation itself.

Hello @IanRC

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back!

1. Possibly, however, no analysis of your private information can be done in the Community - as we said above-> 12. log the issue with Kaspersky Support: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts; Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 
  2. NB: there's Actions to repair Kaspersky Password Manager, you have not stated any of the pre-requisites have taken place?
  3. Is the issue specific to Kaspersky Password Manager software or Kaspersky Security Cloud - which version & patch(x) is installed - for both - please read: How to find the name and the version number of a Kaspersky application?

Please keep the Community in the loop?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife