mtgo detected as trojan

tcheu
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I was playing normaly when suddenly kaspersky gave me a warning and shutdown my game. mtgo (magic the gathering online) is an old game from 2002 and i've downloaded it from the official site. is it a false positive? How can i keep playing it?

Hello @tcheu

1. Read before you create a new topic!
  2. Kaspersky application blocks my website or application. What should I do?
  3. 💥 Only Kaspersky Virus Lab can confirm or deny a false positive

, we’ve submitted the file for analysis, and will update this topic as soon as there’s a result.
  4. ❗ Note, there’s a procedure to scan a detected objected using Kaspersky Threat Intelligence Portal, however, in this instance, the object you’re reporting is too large, the scan fails; it’s a waste of time doing the steps. 

Thank you🙏, 

Flood🐳+🐋

Any update?

Hello @iFall

Thank you for posting back!

We made another inquiry 14th March, 2022, 14:59:41 & were advised:

-3/11/2022 3:44:13 PM- KLAN User :
Information from VirLab
Hello,
Thank you for your inquiry to Kaspersky Lab.
Your request is processing.

We advised the operator that’s not satisfactory, she sent another escalation, all we can do is patiently wait…. 

However, be confident, we are actively monitoring the issue. 

Thank you🙏, 

Flood🐳+🐋

I tried to install MTGO again today and got the same alert. Apparently I will not be able to play it during my 1 week off which is happening now. I hope either Kaspersky or MTGO find a solution before I get busy again. :(

Another 24h without news. I am paying extra dollars for Kaspersky to get service, which is definetly not what we are getting here. I understand business days, but it is now been over 48H of “business days”, with only words saying “working on it”.  MTGO is a world-used computer-only software that has been in use for years. 

This situation needs to be solve swiftly, and we need constant update on the situation.  Going more than 24h without updating your clients is frustrating for us. I feel like a number, which affect the trust I have in your company. 

Please help me regain trust in Kaspersky by giving a thorough follow-up.

Hello @SlimRich 

The Virus Lab experts are actively working on the issue

We seek updates every 24 hours.

What would you have us do? 

Walk to Russia, hold a gun to their heads & demand they fix it? 

IF you're unhappy with how the issue has been managed thus far, log a case with Kaspersky support & go thru the gruelling process of raising a new INC every 24 hours → you see IF you can get them to fix it faster than anybody else. 

All of us here volunteer our time to help other Community members, like you, we are the same as you, none of us are employed by Kaspersky, unless you see the words: ‘Kaspersky employee’ beside a user's name.  

Thank you🙏, 

Flood🐳+🐋

Hi @Flood and Flood's wife

I am sorry about this, I really thought you were an employee of Kaspersky. If all you do here is on a volunteer base, Kaspersky is lucky to have you, as well as all the people that freely help maintaining the community. 

My main goal here is to get a follow-up on this matter. I can definetly understand hitting roadblocks in solving problems.  But Kaspersky saying 24h, then radio silence (until someone asked for an update) can be frustrating. It feeds the feeling of being a number, not a valuable client.  

To @Igor Kurzin, thank you for the update. If you still have no answer from your colleagues in 12-36h, could you let us know more details, so we can better understand?

Thanks, 

Hello @SlimRich

Yes, all my wife & I do is help others in the Community, as do every other Community member & every Moderator, who reply to a topic → all of us are volunteers. 

There are no more details, we’ve been tracking the MTGO issue very closely, as has Igor Kurzin, as he has already explained, normally the VLAB turn around time is very fast, in this instance, unfortunately, that has not happened; no-one here can manage your feelings, only you can do that; but be assured, as soon as the VLAB advises the result, the topics will be updated. 

Thank you🙏, 

Flood🐳+🐋

• Solution

@tcheu@SlimRich@iFall@icemanbsb

We’ve received advice for Kaspersky support, as follows:

“We have just gotten a response from our experts, they informed us the detection is a false positive. It will be fixed within a few hours. “

• 💥 We’ve successfully run Magic the gathering online on our systems → please run a Database update & check? 

Thank you🙏, 

Flood🐳+🐋