Mobile AV - Eicar Test file

Hello,

I looked for a forum specific to mobile av but couldn’t find any so I posted here.

Why is it that Kaspersky mobile antivirus doesn’t flag the Eicar test file on their mobile app?

Does anyone know if there is an offical test file that could be used with Kaspersky mobile av.

Hello @celsurf

You’re most welcome!

KIS/Eicar test works perfectly for us:

1. Log a case with Kaspersky consumer support, either via Chat or Email, fill in Application malfunction, Other template. Support may request logs, traces & other data, they will guide you. Also, it may help them if you provide images & or a video of the issue. 
  • If selecting Chat option, we recommend you request a copy of the chat transcript, make sure you fill in your email address AFTER the chat is activated by the Chat agent & complete the Verify your email address email AFTER the chat completes.
  • When it’s available, please share the outcome with the Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Contacted Chat support. It appears the issue is the OS

I’m currently running Android 12 which doesn’t appear to be fully supported yet.

Is there a beta being tested that I could install on Android 12 ?  

I hate the fact that you really can’t tell what works/doesn’t work with the current official version.

Hello @celsurf

💥 According to Kaspersky’s KIS hardware & software documentation Android 12 is supported → Operating system: Android 5.0-12.x💥

About the beta version of Kaspersky Internet Security for Android

How to take part in beta testing for Kaspersky products for mobile devices

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋