Missing safe money shortcut in 2020 [Solved] [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Just installed 2020, is there a way to create a shortcut to safe money like there was one in 2019.
Hello numlock, Welcome! Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 20.0\Desktop\kis Select Safe Money, right click, select Create Shortcut, a popup will display "Windows can't create a shortcut here. Do you want the shortcut to be placed on the desktop instead?" select Yes Thank you:pray_tone3:

• 4 months later...

Hi, I wanted to also ask why I can’t access Safe Money either? I had already tried to create the shortcut by going into the safe money settings but to no avail. I have followed your instructions regarding going into program files but I don’t have Safe Money in there. I only have Password Manager, Secure Connection and Kaspersky Internet Security. I used Safe Money all the time before upgrading to the 2020 version. What is happening please, as it seems Kaspersky is losing all of its most secure features. 

Also I noticed that Kaspersky Internet Security 2019 file is still in program files. Should I delete that?

When I click on the Safe Money icon in the Kaspersky window nothing happens. It does not open so I can add websites to my list.

Why haven’t I got Safe Money anymore?

Hello @LadyBeetle,

Welcome again!

1. Unfortunately, Kaspersky has changed SafeMoney, during the install of KIS a SafeMoney shortcut is no longer created, it’s up to Kaspersky Customers to manually add the SafeMoney shortcut
  2. Which browser is set as the System Default browser
  3. Just to be sure, please check KIS software compatibility requirements
  • From the information it sounds as tho the KIS 2020 install/update might be a bit messed up🤔

Please follow these steps: 

1 Temp files:

Run Windows in SafeMode, clear:

C:\Windows\Temp
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Temp

Return to Windows Normal Mode

2  KIS

1. Uninstall KIS, saving License information only; at the completion of the uninstall, shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart. 
  2. Power device on, login.
  3. Download & install KIS, at the completion of the install, shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart. 
  4. Power device on, login.
  5. Open KIS, make sure it is synchronised with the MyKaspersky account.
  6. Run a manual Database Update - allow it to complete. 
  7. Run a manual Full Scan -  - allow it to complete.
  8. Check SafeMoney module, does the Browser dropdown show more than Default browser
  9. By selecting Create shortcut for Safe Money, is a SafeMoney shortcut created, and more importantly, does it work

If “yes”👏

If “no”😓 , please raise a request via Kaspersky Technical Support; the support team will need a GSI & Windows Logs and they may request Traces, run as the issue is replicated; if Traces are required they will stp you thru the necessary steps. 

After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, nomally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please let us know the outcome when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Resources:

KIS Release notes, The Safe Money icon will no longer be created on the Desktop

Hi Flood

Thanks for taking the time to give me instructions, however after spending hours doing this the safe money remains the same.

To be honest I am finding this extremely stressful and have no idea what else is not working with Kaspersky and am I in fact protected?

In the past Kaspersky has worked fine but now I have nothing but issues and I am not computer savvie. Doing all this is very stressful for me.

I need internet protection that I don’t have to worry about.

Last night I needed to use the protected browser and managed to get it up by logging into a website that is on my list to be used. I then opened a new window inside the protected browser, however I have no idea if this is even giving me any protection?

Sad as it is...I am beginning to not trust Kaspersky. 

Hello @LadyBeetle,

You’re very welcome!

I do understand how stressful this is, I agree, the Kaspersky software should work seamlessly, when it doesn’t, it’s perfectly natural to loose confidence. 

If a protected browser opened with a green border and the green Protected Browser advisory in the lower right hand corner. as in my image, you are protected:

• However, please do log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, they have the resources to fully analyse the system and provide the necessary support to find out what is wrong, and with them on board you’ll not have to struggle alone
  • Support can be via logging a case in the MyKaspersky account, Phone (not available all regions), or OnlineChat (not available all regions)

If I can be of any assistance please let me know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Thank you for your kind help Flood

I have logged into My Kaspersky and had a chat with a tech Support worker.

The thing is they always want to go remotely onto your computer and I don’t feel good about that.

I now do not have access to Safe Money even by clicking one of the listed URLs as they would have been deleted when I cleared the temp files.

So things have just got more stressful. 

The tech support suggested that I revert back to 2019, however I had problems with that too.

Hello @LadyBeetle,

Again, you’re most welcome!

I understand your concerns regarding Remote Support, it’s not the only option available to Kaspersky Technical Support, so I encourage you to ask the Technical Team to assist, if they understand you need help, they will help. 

If rolling back to 2019 did not provide a solution, if the machine meets all hardware & software requirements, if there’s no software conflicts and you’ve reinstalled KIS according to the documented procedures, there has to be reason why the SafeMoney module is not working🤔

May I ask, in SafeMoney, is each financial site configured to Run Protected Browser?

Could you try this for me please:

If there’s another Windows account on the computer, sign out of the current Windows account and sign into the 2nd account, if there is no second Windows account, create one, then sign out of the primary Windows account and sign in with the new account, make sure KIS is active, open the SafeMoney module from the KIS application, select a financial site, does the site open in a Protected Browser?

Please let me know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi Flood

This is my problem.

I can’t access this. I click the Safe Money icon/module in the Kaspersky application and nothing happens. If I could get into that window as above I wouldn’t need to contact you. 

I told this to the tech team and they don’t seem to comprehend this either.

My Safe Money is as dead as a door nail. It is not operating at all.

Leanne

Hello @LadyBeetle, Leanne,

Oh dear, I’m sorry I did not understand that, when selecting the SafeMoney module from the KIS application, nothing happens,  my apologies. 

If you could do the following please:

Open KIS, select the Headset🎧 , lower left hand corner of the KIS application, Support window opens, select Support Tools🔧, select Enable Traces, shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power the computer on, login, start KIS application, (1) select the (dead) SafeMoney module from the KIS application, if the SafeMoney shortcut is on the Desktop, (2) select the SafeMoney shortcut, (3) open a browser, manually enter any financial site in the URL field, wait for the browser to change to a Protected browser (if it does)… Return to the Support window, select the button to disable Traces (same button that’s used to enable Traces), select Send Report to Technical Support, tick both Operating system information and Data received for analysis, select Save report on your computer, the collected data Traces will run for a period of time and eventually, the Traces will be in a zip folder on the Desktop. 

Please send the Traces to the Kaspersky Technical Support Team, they should have given you an INC#, if that’s available use that INC# as a reference. 

There has to be a reason why KIS SafeMoney module is not working as designed, it may be something very simple or not. 

The only way to find out, (imo), is for Kaspersky Technical Support to troubleshoot and advise you what is wrong🤔

Please let me know what Kaspersky Technical Support advise?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi Flood,

I have done something similar to what you suggested in the above after following the tech teams instructions. I enable traces and then double clicked on the safe money module in the Kaspersky application and waited a few minutes… then restarted, disabled traces and saved the file and sent. 

I do have a desktop icon however that is as dead as the Safe Money icon Module.

The good news is that when I clicked on a bank URL it took me straight to the Protected browser, so it is there and functioning. It  seems that it is the Safe Money Module that has the glitch.

The interesting thing though is when I checked the banking URL in the Protected Browser it wasn’t there. Just a Google page came up inside the browser. This means I have to do the search inside the browser instead of having the bank site come up straight away, as it has done in the past.

Thank You 

Hello @LadyBeetle, Leanne, 

Thank you for the update👌

I do understand both the KIS SafeMoney module and the KIS SafeMoney shortcut are ☠ not functioning as per design, however, selecting them, hopefully will be trapped by the Traces, and from the Traces, the Support Team should be able to determine what’s wrong🤔

It’s good to know the Traces have been sent to Technical Support, thank you🙏

From all of the troubleshooting you’ve done, it’s really clear something is not working as it should be🤔

Stick with it, there has to be an answer to this issue, what that is I don’t know, it would be good to test the problem under a different Windows account🤔

Please keep me posted?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi Flood,🐳

Thank you for the time you have spent working on the above problem.

It has been a marathon however you have solved the problem and I greatly appreciate your patience, knowledge and time.

I now have my safe money back working like a clock. 

Bonus is, I have learned new computer skills as well! 🤓

Flood you are the go to person to get issues resolved!

Many Thanks 🙏

LadyBeetle 🐞