Microsoft O365 is ruled as a Dangerous website according to the Kaspersky Security Network.

Hello,

I am trying to login to Microsoft O365.  I first get a blocked screen saying that the Microsoft site is dangerous.  Then when I click to continue anyways, I get an error.

I'm using mac OS Monterey version 12.4 on a new apple M1 MacBook Pro.   I am also using Kaspersky Internet Security for the Mac version 21.1.0.150d.e.  Upon attempting to update the software, I was notified that it is the latest version.   I've noticed that there are no options to setup exclusions on the Mac version of your software.  Please see the attachments, and un block for me please.   Thanks for your help!

KIS 1st block.png

continue past block.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2022 at 1:39 AM, Spoon said:
  • mac OS Monterey version 12.4 on a new apple M1 MacBook Pro, KIS, Mac version 21.1.0.150d.e (latest version).
  1. I've noticed that there are no options to setup exclusions in KIS.  
  • I am trying to login to Microsoft O365, I first get a blocked screen saying that the Microsoft site is dangerous -> Access denied -> Blocked by Web Anti-Virus, Reason: Phishing link, Detection method: KSN, then when I click to continue, I get an error -> "Sorry, but we're having trouble signing you in. AADSTS900144: The request body must contain the following parm: 'state'... etc. 

Hello @Spoon
Welcome!
We're so sorry for the delay responding to your topic?

1. For mac/KIS, there are options to set up apps & web address exclusions, we've put the Trusted zone document reference at the bottom of our reply, however, setting up an exclusion for a potentially malicious app/link, without fully investigating is not advised:  if the issue still exists, please contact Kaspersky Support, on the support page select either Chat or Email, then select Malware, Detected threat appears over & over again template (see image as a guide):
    Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.06cd79258f9c2ac994e59607f29ab9c0.jpeg

; include the screen images, KIS Report and a detailed history; Support may need logs, traces & other data, they will guide you. 
  • KIS, Reports , the Access denied alert you've screen printed, should be available, you should be able to save that Report as a text file & include it with the information you share with Kaspersky Support please? 
  • Trusted Zone:
  • If you do log the issue with Support, please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

12 hours ago, rufford155 said:

KIS is throwing up warnings for Windows 10 Photos app, Microsoft Store app, Minitool Movie Maker installation.

Hello @rufford155

Welcome back!

1. Windows, Microsoft Store, Minitool Movie Maker, was decommissioned, by MS, in 2017
  2. Is this current issue related to the issues you reported: November 3, 2021, KIS is interfering with Win10 Photos App, I am getting a long warning script pop-up from KIS
  3. We've requested the Moderators please create a new topic (for you), your topic is not MAC related, nor does it appear to have any Web Anti-virus, malicious/phishing detections

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Thanks for that Flood - I had completely forgotten about the previous thread !

I am going to have to get rid of KIS because I am completely fed up of these problems.

It's ridiculously over-zealous sometimes about perfectly safe applications.

The issues crop up every so often and then usually just disappear with no explanation.

2 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Windows, Microsoft Store, Minitool Movie Maker, was decommissioned, by MS, in 2017

What on earth did you mean by this ?

On 7/5/2022 at 6:36 AM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

We've requested the Moderators please create a new topic (for you), your topic is not MAC related, nor does it appear to have any Web Anti-virus, malicious/phishing detections

I can't find any new topic posted here !

The ridiculous blockages are continuing.

It's quite frightening the number of problems in this forum isn't it ?

19 minutes ago, rufford155 said:
  1. I can't find any new topic posted here !
  2. It's quite frightening the number of problems in this forum isn't it ?
  3. The ridiculous blockages are continuing.

Hello @rufford155

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back!

1. It appears the Mods are quite happy for your reply to remain in the topic raised by @Spoon.
  2. We have absolutely no clue what you're referring to?
  3. Please log a case with  Kaspersky Support; on the support page select either Chat or Email, then select Application malfunction, Other template; Support may need logs, traces & other data, they will guide you; include the screen images of the error & a detailed history. 
  • If you do log the issue with Support, please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
  • Note: we also installed MiniTool MovieMaker, & have run it since Tuesday with no errors or issues, the same as @Igor Kurzin

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Thanks for reply Flood.

1.  OK

2.  You alone have >11,000 posts with >750 solutions in just over 3 years !  That doesn't seem a very good advert for KIS to me and quite a frightening prospect.

I haven't counted how many problems I have had but there have been plenty.

3.  I will have to think about it, live with it or else just scrap KIS.

How can Kaspersky possibly object to Windows 10 Photos app ?  It's bonkers !

1 hour ago, rufford155 said:

1.  OK. I haven't counted how many problems I have had but there have been plenty.

2.  You alone have >11,000 posts with >750 solutions in just over 3 years !  That doesn't seem a very good advert for KIS to me and quite a frightening prospect.

3.  I will have to think about it, live with it or else just scrap KIS. 

4. How can Kaspersky possibly object to Windows 10 Photos app ?  It's bonkers !

Hello @rufford155

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back!

1. You have 3 issues, 4 if you count posting a reply in Spoon's topic instead of your already existing topic: KIS is interfering with Win10 Photos App, I am getting a long warning script pop-up from KIS
  2. The Kaspersky Forum was created for the purpose of resolving issues encountered, by users, while using Kaspersky products. 
  3. Your choice. 
  4. Log the issue with Support so you can get an answer, if it's been driving you nuts since November 3, 2021, it's either not so bad or.....? That's a long time to put of with a problem that's driving you crazy & "making you suspect that a cyber war has started against us companies."

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Flood, thanks for re-posting.

The old November thread is closed but I will look again at what worked.

The issue went away then but came back only recently after a photos app update.

KIS v. US ?  It's not just Photos remember - its Store app and MiniTool as well.

All previously no problem, no settings changed by me, so it's KIS doing something new.

Hello @rufford155

• Re "closed topics", they can be reopened, it happens every other day; in this case the Mods chose not to do so; end of discussion. 
  • By your own words "The issue went away then but came back only recently after a photos app update"; that tells us the issue is not with KIS but with the MS photos app & when we look at the app we can see the problem, so despite the fact you wish to think the bogey man is Kaspersky - specifically, in relation to the app, it's MS. 
  • Regarding MiniTool, Igor tested it & we tested it too, none of us could replicate the issue
  • Regarding Store app, what you don't seem to realise is you give incomplete information, that's difficult to follow. 
  • The MS photos app issue cannot be fixed by the Kaspersky Community, (ioo) there is no MiniTool issue & we don't have enough info for Store app to do any diagnostics; you pay a subscription to Kaspersky, but, you don't seem willing to reach out for help from the experts, that does not make sense to us. 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

6 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

in this case the Mods chose not to do so; end of discussion.

Here is what i have been posting in the past  .....

"I amicably closed (*) this topic ,  but if however you should discover that your problem is related to Kaspersky
please PM me and I will unlock your topic.
(*) Kaspersky Employees and Moderator Team are allowed to add new replies.
"

Hi again Flood, thanks for replying.

For photos app you say you can see the problem so could you share it please?

For Store I posted the KIS warning popup, that's all I know about that issue.

For MiniTool I will try again but am not hopeful.  The KIS popup says it's in low restricted group - but it's not even installed which is completely confusing me.

Previously my problems have been solved in this forum but this seems to be a stickler.

I am not confident enough to collect all the logs, etc, etc for support.

2 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Additional @rufford155

We've finally found the store app, on our 5 systems it's perfect. 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Do you think there's something amiss in my settings that I am not aware of.

It's so strange that KIS suddenly objets to 3 diffent things that were previously OK.

38 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Additional @rufford155

We've finally found the store app, on our 5 systems it's perfect. 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

It's so strange that KIS suddenly objets to 3 diffent things that were previously OK.

34 minutes ago, rufford155 said:

Right - I have finally looked at restrictions :-

Store app does not appear.

mmm-setup.exe is untrusted !  I have installed this in the past so all I can think is I have somehow now downloaded a fake file, but it passed all my checks (virus total, KIS scan).

Photos app is trusted, as set by me to solve last year's issue.

But now there is Microsoft.Photos.exe as well - is this part of the photos app, a duplicate or a separate app - I have absolutely no idea !

I can apply I custom setting but I'd like to understand what it is first.

Incidentally when opening the screenshot - no KIS popup - sod's law rules again.

Maybe we have frightened it off?

RESTRICTIONS .png

Edited by rufford155

35 minutes ago, rufford155 said:
  1. Do you think there's something amiss in my settings that I am not aware of.
  2. It's so strange that KIS suddenly objects to 3 different things that were previously OK.

Hello @rufford155

1. We think the Kaspersky Support experts are qualified to answer that question. Why? Because they can analyse your system with you; none of which can be done here in the Community. 
  2. You've complained about the photos app previously - November 2021, regarding the other two, we can't see any problems. 
  3. Regarding your earlier remarks: "It's quite frightening the number of problems in this forum isn't it?" & "You alone have >11,000 posts with >750 solutions in just over 3 years!"; you're making a jolly good crack at increasing our stats?

Thank you?

Flood?+?

3 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @rufford155

1. We think the Kaspersky Support experts are qualified to answer that question. Why? Because they can analyse your system with you; none of which can be done here in the Community. 
  2. You've complained about the photos app previously - November 2021, regarding the other two, we can't see any problems. 
  3. Regarding your earlier remarks: "It's quite frightening the number of problems in this forum isn't it?" & "You alone have >11,000 posts with >750 solutions in just over 3 years!"; you're making a jolly good crack at increasing our stats?

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Well, you made me laugh - thanks.

I mean that, I'm not being sarcastic.

Anyway, please see my latest as we overlapped.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, rufford155 said:
  1. Store app does not appear.
  2. mmm-setup.exe is untrusted !  I have installed this in the past so all I can think is I have somehow now downloaded a fake file, but it passed all my checks (virus total, KIS scan).
  3. Photos app is trusted, as set by me to solve last year's issue.
  4. But now there is Microsoft.Photos.exe as well - is this part of the photos app, a duplicate or a separate app - I have absolutely no idea ! I can apply I custom setting but I'd like to understand what it is first.
  5. Incidentally when opening the screenshot - no KIS popup - sod's law rules again. Maybe we have frightened it off?
  6. You can scan the 

Hello @rufford155

1. Is Store active? 
  2. Re "mmm-setup.exe", refer to our earlier comments, specifically: what you don't seem to realise is you give incomplete information, that's difficult to follow - if you want us to look at something you have to provide more information, however, it is beyond the scope of the Community, so please contact Kaspersky Support. 
  3. IF that's true, why was it generating the alert? 
  4. Support will tell you. 
  5. If only that were true. 
  6. Scan the mmm-setup.exe with https://opentip.kaspersky.com/
  • We're looking forward to hearing how you get along with Support?
  • We're signing off, it's 3am, we have an 08:00am appointment. 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Sorry for delay - more pressing issues.

I have put everything into the Trusted group in restrictions.

Photos and Store are now OK but MiniTool remains the same warning.

Don't understand how they got into Low Restricted !

MiniTool setup scanned no threats with your link.

I don't understand how it gets in the restrictions list when it's only a downloaded file on my desktop and nothing is installed.

15 hours ago, rufford155 said:

It would seem to be the certificate that Kaspersky doesn't like. (Deja-vu !!!)

Although the warning pop-up doesn't mention that.

MINITOOL .png

MINITOOL 2 .png

MINITOOL 3 .png

Hello,

Can you tell us who issued the digital signature for this installation? You can find the answer in the properties of this installer.