Microsoft Edge URL Advisor

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

11 hours ago, Kasperov said:

Yes Microsoft Bing, but previously it has worked & I could see green marks. Now what happened?

Hello @Kasperov

Welcome back!

• We confirm the issue: Edge browser, v102.0.1245.33, KTS 21.3.10.391(i), Kaspersky Web anti-virus, URL Advisor icons, Check URLs, enabled;  Kaspersky chat agent confirms the issue, he is not aware of any changes that could explain why; he's escalated the issue to Russia HQ experts, requesting a review; we will update the topic with any feedback, when it's available.
    Spoiler

image.thumb.png.eca38c1de3dfbf7c9952762efaf7e56f.png

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

20 minutes ago, Kasperov said:

Ok, so you will update "this topic" with feedback? Then I will check here in couple of days. Thanks

Hello @Kasperov

Thank you for posting back!

Yes, we'll update your topic, as soon as there's any feedback available, however, sometimes the response is not fast so please wait patiently. 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

• Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Kasperov said:

Ok, so you will update "this topic" with feedback? Then I will check here in couple of days. Thanks

Hello @Kasperov

Update from Kaspersky experts:

"This is a known issue; it is being investigated. The workaround is to disable 'Open links in new tab' in the Edge browser."

Spoiler

image.png.e994b4a8400492f1e70f74991e3cd81d.png

When the issue has been fixed we'll update your topic again. 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 6/12/2022 at 9:31 PM, Kasperov said:

I don't see green check mark in front of search results of Microsoft Edge anymore. Is anything wrong? URL Advisor is on in settings & it works fine with Chrome.

Hello @Kasperov

Finally, an update from the escalation team:

1. "The issue persists only in one browser and is related to the URL-advisor feature, which is the part of Web Antivirus component. This is not a critical issue.
  2. 2021 MR9 was released recently (technical release). So, most of the customers will be upgraded to 2021 MR7, 8, 9 versions by TFU (Total force upgrade) The rest can use 2021 MR3 - but this bug will not be fixed in the 2021 MR3 version."

end-quote

We had to remind them the issue was only ever reported for one browser, that browser being Edge?

We also took issue with their perspective that the URL advisor feature, an integral component of Kaspersky's Web Antivirus, was not regarded as critical - sure would like to know what Mr. Kaspersky thinks of their opinion?

In a nutshell @Kasperov, they're saying the issue will be fully fixed in MR9, anyone using MR3, v21.3, go fish. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Like 1

HI @Flood and Flood's wife & @Berny

The problem was with Microsoft Edge & Bing, now I see if I search "today in history" in Edge except first 2 links (which supposed to be safe?!) the rest of the links HAS green check marks next to them, both the same with "open links in new tab" on & off which was a temporary work around months ago. I have 21.3.10.391 (j), don't know about MR9, seems to be next generation, right? The Google Chrome never had any issues & is ok.

Thanks

• Like 1

• Solution
3 hours ago, Kasperov said:
  1. The problem was with Microsoft Edge & Bing,
  2. now I see if I search "today in history" in Edge except first 2 links (which supposed to be safe?!)
  3. the rest of the links HAS green check marks next to them,
  4. both the same with "open links in new tab" on & off which was a temporary work around months ago.
  5. I have 21.3.10.391 (j),
  6. don't know about MR9, seems to be next generation, right?
  7. The Google Chrome never had any issues & is ok.
  8. When searching different words, I see that some links haven't any mark next to them.
  9. Obviously, they believe it doesn't worth to correct this for v.21.3.

Hello @Kasperov

Thank you for posting back! So sorry for the delay responding, been a bit busy dealing with our annoying little community bot-stalker?

1. Correct.
  2. The first 2 are not technically links, if you expand them you'll see the difference. 
  3. Correct.
  4. Correct. 
  5. You do, that's MR3. v21.3. 
  6. Correct, 2021 MR7, 8, 9 is Kaspersky's new generation software. 
  7. Correct. 
  8. Correct. Kaspersky has decided this is "not a critical issue", as we shared in their quoted response 02/02/23, 12PM. 
  9. Correct again, the issue was reported under 21.3; they stuffed around for months under 21.3 & claimed it was fixed, under 21.3; they told us it was fixed under 21.3, they made us test their fix under 21.3; it wasn't fixed; in the end it appeared it was obviously all too hard as they sent the following email:

Quote: 

1. "The issue persists only in one browser and is related to the URL-advisor feature, which is the part of Web Antivirus component. This is not a critical issue.
  2. 2021 MR9 was released recently (technical release). So, most of the customers will be upgraded to 2021 MR7, 8, 9 versions by TFU (Total force upgrade) The rest can use 2021 MR3 - but this bug will not be fixed in the 2021 MR3 version."

End-quote

As we said: 

The *issue* was only ever reported for one browser, that browser being Edge, we don't know what they worked on for the many months that it took - it doesn't surprise us they thought it was fixed using chrome/edge, 'cause that was never broken?

When they can't fix something, they frequently put it in the "not a critical issue." basket (ioo). 

As they've said above:

"MR9, technical release has the fix & the commercial release (TFU) will have the fix; the majority of Kaspersky subscribers with 2021 MR7, 8, 9 will get the fix via a total- force-upgrade", that means, the update will be force updated whether the subscriber wants it or not at that point in time. When they say: "The rest can use 2021 MR3 - but this bug will not be fixed in the 2021 MR3 version."; "the rest" means all Kaspersky subscribers using v21.3 - the version you are using @Kasperov; as v21.3 will remain in circulation for another 12 months - at least (according to @Igor Kurzin), (ioo) it's a bit rude of Kaspersky to decide that 21.3 subscribers can "go fish". 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 2/5/2023 at 5:52 AM, Kasperov said:

Thanks for comprehensive & precise answer, I greatly appreciate the time you spent on this topic.🙏

Hello @Kasperov

You're most welcome!

👉Update from Kaspersky: "this bug has been fixed."

Please check & confirm - with version 21.14.5.462?

image.thumb.png.c6ee992ae5c37f211153327a002168d0.png

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

grammar😌
  • Like 1