me.kis.v2.scr.kaspersky-labs.com [Solved][Closed]

Go to solution Solved by Igor Kurzin,

All,

For the record, the timeline, Patch J, including support for Edge Chromium was released, in staggered distribution, April 6th, 2020; me.kis.v2.scr.kaspersky issue began 13th, 14th April, 2020.  Edge Chromium, commercial release was 15th January 2020. 

🤔

Flood🐳

Correct, speaking of the timeline of Updates: Microsoft Edge Stable Channel releases:

Version 80.0.361.111: April 7

Version 81.0.416.53: April 13 (HUGE features path notes)

Version 81.0.416.58: April 17

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/microsoft-edge-relnote-stable-channel

Wrong. I uninstalled and reinstalled Kaspersky (removing all settings) just this week. Reset my Edge browser (not just clearing the cache but all the settings). Same problem exists.

Do you know you can uninstall the current version of Edge? I did. Same problem exists.

KIS protecting - yes. Doing it correctly - No.

Any functions or applications running under Edge holds the same certificate signature. Are you saying that if any browser adds a new code procedure or process, Kaspersky will deny execution?

Kaspersky has to follow how Windows 10 or Edge operates; not the other way around.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Microsoft Edge Stable Channel release Version 81.0.416.53: April 13. The same day me.kis.v2.scr.kaspersky-labs.com issue began.

The changelog contains interesting things that possibly alter how cache is handled before vs now:

• Added support for Windows Information Protection (WIP), which helps enterprises protect sensitive data from unauthorized disclosure.
  • Application Guard. Extensions support now available in the container.
  • Policy updates: Enable globally scoped HTTP auth cache. (and many others)

Shebuka, so does Kaspersky operate on Windows or the other way around? From Apr 13 until now, Kaspersky has time to analysis and rectify their incompatibility… otherwise, don’t claim to be compatible with Windows 10. Isn’t it?

PS: It is highly likely that these changes are already communicated prior to their official build release. Kaspersky will already be aware prior to Apr 13. There is no excuse. 

Either officially say that Kaspersky is not supported on Windows 10 or rectify their software to make it compatible.

I don’t want to carry on this discussion. I have my refund from Kaspersky (since new subscription is still within the 30 days refund period). That’s good for me.

I have nothing against Kaspersky - I have been their customer for many years.

However, this recent lackluster attitude from their customer support and the sheer incompetency of the recent design decisions don’t sit well with me.

Did Microsoft make changes to Edge? Definitely. It had been communicated (I am a tester and I have another PC always running pre-build/dev releases) at least a few months prior to any official build. Any changes made should be duly considered by Kaspersky if it’ll impact their application.

Can Microsoft make changes to their applications? Of course! If it’s a change that Kaspersky cannot make, then just remove Windows/Edge as a supported OS/browser.

Is it a bug on Microsoft’s Edge? No. It runs properly under it’s own Windows Defender. It works properly on Norton as well as AVG (at least these are the antivirus that I have tested).

Caching issue prior to Windows update? No. I uninstalled Kaspersky and reinstalled it. Same issue.

Should Microsoft change to make itself compatible with Kaspersky? Of course not!

I have a Macbook as well. OSX is an even more restrictive operating system.

Anyway, I’m out of here. Enjoy your Kaspersky software. I’ve got my money back and running Norton now without a glitch (at least for now).

@Shebuka,

(imo) publishing Release notes is communicating information to all interested parties. 

Regards,

Flood🐳

(imo) no, release notes are a very high-level description of what was done, they have no low-level information, internet protection like software work on a very low-level, we are speaking hardware I/O disk access, tcp/ip packets inspection etc… 

KIS team just added official support do Edge (on 6th) and one week later (on 13th) Edge drops a HUGE update that changes everything…

If there is such a huge patch note they can have communicated it in a timed manner to various antivirus teams for them to update.

All,

For the record, the timeline, Patch J, including support for Edge Chromium was released, in staggered distribution, April 6th, 2020; me.kis.v2.scr.kaspersky issue began 13th, 14th April, 2020.  Edge Chromium, commercial release was 15th January 2020. 

🤔

Flood🐳

Correct, speaking of the timeline of Updates: Microsoft Edge Stable Channel releases:

Version 80.0.361.111: April 7

Version 81.0.416.53: April 13 (HUGE features path notes)

Version 81.0.416.58: April 17

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/microsoft-edge-relnote-stable-channel

Wrong. I uninstalled and reinstalled Kaspersky (removing all settings) just this week. Reset my Edge browser (not just clearing the cache but all the settings). Same problem exists.

Do you know you can uninstall the current version of Edge? I did. Same problem exists.

KIS protecting - yes. Doing it correctly - No.

Any functions or applications running under Edge holds the same certificate signature. Are you saying that if any browser adds a new code procedure or process, Kaspersky will deny execution?

Kaspersky has to follow how Windows 10 or Edge operates; not the other way around.

There are things like temp/cache hidden folders (where you can place eg. browser cache hash verification ids eg. by KIS) that are not cleared on typical software uninstallation and can be used again if you reinstall the software right away. Same goes for Edge. Things like Display Driver Uninstaller exist because when you uninstall graphical drivers not everything is cleared, and if you have any problem you may need DDU to scan your temp/cache hidden folders for more files to clean.

I don’t know what’s going on with your system, but for me, resetting cache solved the issue (and for many others who have it solved and didn’t report any regression)

Microsoft Edge Stable Channel release Version 81.0.416.53: April 13. The same day me.kis.v2.scr.kaspersky-labs.com issue began.

The changelog contains interesting things that possibly alter how cache is handled before vs now:

• Added support for Windows Information Protection (WIP), which helps enterprises protect sensitive data from unauthorized disclosure.
  • Application Guard. Extensions support now available in the container.
  • Policy updates: Enable globally scoped HTTP auth cache. (and many others)

Shebuka, so does Kaspersky operate on Windows or the other way around? From Apr 13 until now, Kaspersky has time to analysis and rectify their incompatibility… otherwise, don’t claim to be compatible with Windows 10. Isn’t it?

PS: It is highly likely that these changes are already communicated prior to their official build release. Kaspersky will already be aware prior to Apr 13. There is no excuse. 

Either officially say that Kaspersky is not supported on Windows 10 or rectify their software to make it compatible.

How does this make any sense??? Windows 10 incompatibility? There is one issue, with one standalone application, only after the latest huge update, resolved by clearing the cache!?!?!?

[cut]

Never said Windows or Edge must do anything to adapt to other software…

p.s. I’m also out, problem solved for me. Issues and bugs may happen. If I rage quit on any small issue I’ll be using pen and paper now, not a pc/mac.

@Shebuka,

(imo) publishing Release notes is communicating information to all interested parties. 

Regards,

Flood🐳

(imo) no, release notes are a very high-level description of what was done, they have no low-level information, internet protection like software work on a very low-level, we are speaking hardware I/O disk access, tcp/ip packets inspection etc… 

KIS team just added official support do Edge (on 6th) and one week later (on 13th) Edge drops a HUGE update that changes everything…

If there is such a huge patch note they can have communicated it in a timed manner to various antivirus teams for them to update.

@Shebuka
I agree with with some of (your) analysis, however, when Kaspersky publish patch & version release notes, they don’t runaround to every other 3pty stake holder, apprising them of the changes, and vice-a-versa. 

I also take issue with the terminology “high-level-description” of what was done, reference patch J, if that’s the definition of “high level” then there’s more to worry about than just some buggy virus holding the world to ransom. 

#respect. 

@Shebuka,

Regards,

Flood🐳

@Shebuka
I agree with with some of (your) analysis, however, when Kaspersky publish patch & version release notes, they don’t runaround to every other 3pty stake holder, apprising them of the changes, and vice-a-versa. 

I hear your point, and it’s reasonable too. But KIS is analyzing the traffic of Edge (and other browsers), not the other way around. If Edge changes their policies on cache handling (or whatever) it may be a good idea (never said must/required) to communicate this to interested parties. But if the fix is to clean cache and you are good to go... ?‍♂️

I also take issue with the terminology “high-level-description” of what was done, reference patch J, if that’s the definition of “high level” then there’s more to worry about than just some buggy virus holding the world to ransom. 

#respect. 

Terminology is hard…

For me:

• high-level is the most human-like: 
    In KIS Patch notes J “We have added the support of Microsoft Edge based on Chromium”/”Several application issues were fixed” there is no specification of what was done to do this;
  • low-level is the nearest to code/machine language-like:
    Along the lines of “Fixed thread locking issue in internet protection module when accessing cache data ids hashed on disk with AES256 in a tight loop with mail protection module” (or even more specific).

Your mileage may vary.

Aha, agreed @Shebuka, we have a completely different understanding of “high level”….. 

MS publish release notes =  communicate “this” to interested parties.

Kaspersky publish release notes =  communicate “this” to interested parties.

I do not believe, on the eve of a release notes publication, Satya or one of his minions says, “gollee, don’t go to press yet, let’s make sure we bring Eugene up to speed “, ditto & vice-a-versa for Eugene….

I maintain, it’s the responsibility of all interested stakeholders to be across all changes so the situation that “hit” 13/14 April, doesn’t. 

#respect. 

On Edge I get waiting for me.kis.v2.scr.kaspersky-labs.com

On Chrome I get waiting for gc.kis.v2.scr.kaspersky-labs.com

Removed the inject script from Options but still same issue..

I'm tired of this crap! the internet experience is just becoming horrible with some websites, Aliexpress for example became extremely slow and not opening properly

So after years of using KIS, I guess time to uninstall and look for alternatives!!

I was using Google public DNS, I removed them and everything went back normal. no more issues with me.kis.v2.scr.kaspersky-labs.com or gc.kis.v2.scr.kaspersky-labs.com

Anyone here using google public dns or different dns provided by their ISP ?

edit:

my internet is much better without google public dns, I guess it’s not KIS to blame

-