me.kis.v2.scr.kaspersky-labs.com [Solved][Closed]

Go to solution Solved by Igor Kurzin,

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Проблема ГЛОБАЛЬНАЯ.

И началась она сегодня, после установки патча.

Отзывайте патч и тестируйте его заново.

На всех версиях Вашего Антивируса такое. И на KSC (Security Cloud) и в KIS и Kaspersky Free.

Не знаю как на Windows 7 с EDGE, но на Windows 10 под новым EDGE такое на многих сайтах.

Например, те же одноклассники.

After I closed Kaspersky from the system tray (not paused) and opened Gmail, it works just fine. And after I enabled Kaspersky, there were no issues opening Gmail in Edge. So I guess if you close Kaspersky and open Gmail, the issue no longer persists even if you open Kaspersky again. Tell me if it works with you guys too.

Everyone, I faced the same problem too. Downloading and streaming will bring up this message at the bottom “Waiting for me.kis.v2.scr.kasperksy-labs.com” and then nothing happens. Whether I’m downloading an attached file in my mails, google drive or streaming from Netflix. 

My browser version is an official release from Microsoft “Version 81.0.416.53 (Official build) (64-bit)”.

It is Kaspersky’s responsibility to ensure that their software works on our desktops and if not, provide us (paying customers) proper solutions. 

Instead, they seemed totally lost and repeatedly ask me to perform this and that tasks without even bothered to conduct proper investigation.

Anyway, I’ve resolved my own problem. As long as I disable the Kaspersky’s “Private Browsing” under Privacy Protection, all my browsing functions are restored to normal.

Clearing cache, resetting, uninstall and install again - either it works for a while or it totally doesn’t work for me at all.

Je ne peux pas accéder à mon Gmail du tout car il est bloqué par me.kis.v2.scr.kaspersky-labs.com d’attente pour quelque chose? Ayez également le même message sur mon Facebook. J’ai "décoché" le "script d’injection..." et redémarré mon ordinateur sans succès. Que faut-il faire pour résoudre ce problème?

Merci!!

Mise à jour du modérateur : presse Shift-F5 alors qu’il est à gmail.com comme solution de contournement à ce problème

To fix the problem:
• Disable your Kaspersky antivirus
• Quit your Kaspesky antivirus
• Relaunch your antivirus
• You can go to Gmail now

Have a good day

Shiina Mashiro

The reason why Shift+F5 works (which hasn’t yet been explained by anyone) is because it instructs your browser to bypass its local cache, and forces it to download fresh content from the internet. This means that the security gateway that Kaspersky is using to check websites is being cached by your browser, and when it tries to load this cache, it hangs because the cached content does not match the content you are trying to load.

There are a few solutions to this:

1. Kaspersky must update their code to instruct browsers NOT to cache the page.
  2. Enforcing a permanent/temporary exception for affected domains (affects protection). 
  3. Contacting web browser developers and asking them to hard-code a workaround (least likely to happen).

The reason why Shift+F5 works (which hasn’t yet been explained by anyone) is because it instructs your browser to bypass its local cache, and forces it to download fresh content from the internet. This means that the security gateway that Kaspersky is using to check websites is being cached by your browser, and when it tries to load this cache, it hangs because the cached content does not match the content you are trying to load.

There are a few solutions to this:

1. Kaspersky must update their code to instruct browsers NOT to cache the page.
  2. Enforcing a permanent/temporary exception for affected domains (affects protection). 
  3. Contacting web browser developers and asking them to hard-code a workaround (least likely to happen).

That’s incorrect. Caching is necessary especially when it is part of form filing or an open session.

What Kaspersky did is incorrect. Kaspersky has NO right to instruct browsers anything! Period. Caching is not a violation of security.

Moreover, how does this explain the problem with downloading? Or streaming? Both doesn’t work too.

For the same website (or downloading the same content from Yahoo mail), it works on Mozilla Firefox and Chrome but not on Edge?

This is obviously poor handling by Kaspersky. Edge browsers that we use are official build. As a software that runs as a security app on a Windows OS, it cannot claim incompatibility.

Anyway, my current subscription runs less than 30 days so I’ve already filed for a refund (which is being processed now). 

That’s incorrect. Caching is necessary especially when it is part of form filing or an open session.

Yes, I know this. It's not necessary for the checking of URLs and content against me.kis.v2.scr.kaspersky-labs.com as this content will be constantly changing. I made no mention of the final domain being cached after the redirect is complete. Merely the local cache used for me.kis.v2.scr.kaspersky-labs.com and that domain only.

What Kaspersky did is incorrect. Kaspersky has NO right to instruct browsers anything! Period. 

I think you’ll find that if servers and webpages were unable or did not have the right to send your browser instructions, you’d find your web browsing experience to be more than limited. Considering there is literally a Cache Control option called no-cache, which instructs your browser to retrieve the content afresh, and not use the cache (more info here) Which would be perfect for a domain that is constantly being referenced by different content across days, weeks and months. 

Caching is not a violation of security.

Never said it was, read my post again. Carefully.

Moreover, how does this explain the problem with downloading? Or streaming? Both doesn’t work too.

Because the cached domain is still being referenced and the content being loaded mismatches what is locally stored. Which would easily be fixed if no-cache was set, as it would require the content to be downloaded again. Your browser still caches the H264/VP9 files streamed, whether you see it clearly or not.  

For the same website (or downloading the same content from Yahoo mail), it works on Mozilla Firefox and Chrome but not on Edge?

While Edge is based on Chromium/Blink, it is still a new browser and Microsoft have changed a lot of under-the-hood operations and key functions. As with any new development, it takes time for kinks to be ironed out. Microsoft even make it clear that even though Edge is compatible with a lot of Chrome functions, including the support for CRX extensions, does not mean that bugs or other oddities will not be encountered. 

This is obviously poor handling by Kaspersky. Edge browsers that we use are official build. As a software that runs as a security app on a Windows OS, it cannot claim incompatibility.

Anyway, my current subscription runs less than 30 days so I’ve already filed for a refund (which is being processed now). 

That’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it. All I have stated is that Shift+F5 bypasses the browser cache (which is correct) and  that no-cache could be set on the Kaspersky domain (which is also correct). The burden of proof is on you as the accuser to disprove what I've said. Just saying I’m incorrect and talking about your personal feelings on the subject rather than providing evidence to the contrary isn’t conducive to a positive and informative discussion.

I wish you luck for your refund.

That’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it. All I have stated is that Shift+F5 bypasses the browser cache (which is correct) and  that no-cache could be set on the Kaspersky domain (which is also correct). The burden of proof is on you as the accuser to disprove what I've said. Just saying I’m incorrect and talking about your personal feelings on the subject rather than providing evidence to the contrary isn’t conducive to a positive and informative discussion.

I wish you luck for your refund.

That’s not an opinion but a fact. 

This is one of your points stated:

Contacting web browser developers and asking them to hard-code a workaround (least likely to happen)

Web browser developers to hardcode?!  Are you a developer? hardcode? Workaround?

Enforcing a permanent/temporary exception for affected domains

Exception?! Meaning that what Kaspersky did is the norm and thus require an exception for affected domains?! Very different from no-cache right?

Kaspersky must update their code to instruct browsers NOT to cache the page.

You mention “the page”. What page? The Kaspersky  “kis.v2.scr.kaspersky-labs.com” page? You obviously should have written “NOT to cache their page”

Tell me (since you said the burden of proof is on me), why downloading fails? Why streaming fails? What Kaspersky is doing on the page referred in “kis.v2.scr.kaspersky-labs.com”?

Luck? Not needed in this instance. My refund is approved. Thanks.

EDIT:

Anyway, I think on hindsight when you said web browser developers, I believe you’re referring to Kaspersky’s web browser developers right? If so, just call them web developers since they are not developing browser. Use the proper terminology in the IT field.

For that, the other two points will fall into place that Kaspersky’s team needs to do the changes and rectify the problem.

[cut]

[cut]

I think you are completely misunderstanding the problem here.

It all started with a release of the latest version of Edge. My speculations here but, presumably, they updated some keys or certificates that validate the cache, they also implemented a procedure to update from old to new keys/certificates via a helper process. When you visit a webpage that has a cache on disk, Edge tries to update it with the helper process, this helper process was never seen before by KIS and the manipulation of the cache by an unknown process is considered as a malicious act (or a man in the middle attack) and is blocked. This process goes in an endless loop… 

So KIS is doing the right thing, it protects an unknow process from manipulating browsers cache.

When we hit Shift+F5 we force to bypass the cache and fresh new pages that use new keys/certificates are written in the cache. No more unknown helper process that is trying to update the cache, no more hanging. And this is also why disabling Internet Protection, reload the page (and thus refreshing the cache with new content signed with new keys/certificates) and enabling Internet Protection back solves the issue.

This could have been avoided if Edge developers communicated to antivirus providers of this change so that they can whitelist the helper process.

edit: the actual workflow of what is hanging on what step can be incorrect, but you must get the idea...

[cut]

[cut]

It all started with a release of the latest version of Edge. My speculations here but, presumably, they updated some keys or certificates that validate the cache, they also implemented a procedure to update from old to new keys/certificates via a helper process. When you visit a webpage that has a cache on disk, Edge tries to update it with the helper process, this helper process was never seen before by KIS and the manipulation of the cache by an unknown process is considered as a malicious act (or a man in the middle attack) and is blocked. This process goes in an endless loop… 

So KIS is doing the right thing, it protects an unknow process from manipulating browsers cache.

When we hit Shift+F5 we force to bypass the cache and fresh new pages that use new keys/certificates are written in the cache. No more unknown helper process that is trying to update the cache, no more hanging. And this is also why disabling Internet Protection, reload the page (and thus refreshing the cache with new content signed with new keys/certificates) and enabling Internet Protection back solves the issue.

This could have been avoided if Edge developers communicated to antivirus providers of this change so that they can whitelist the helper process.

edit: the actual workflow of what is hanging on what step can be incorrect, but you must get the idea...

No, this problem doesn’t exist with Norton and AVG (which are the other two antivirus software I’ve tried).

There’s W3C standards and every company that creates browsers either follows it to the latest standard, implements part of it or is still lagging in some earlier versions.

Let me ask you: Does application developers follow Google specification for Android OS or we simply say that Android OS should accommodate application developers’ approach?

Ask this to any software developers in OSX or iOS. You have to follow the platform’s rules and specification, not the other way around.

You also have to understand that any helper process in Edge will have been duly signed. This is also how security apps like Applocker works.

This is obviously an erroneous implementation by Kaspersky.

PS: Why does this problem exist for downloading with Yahoo mail and Netflix streaming then? Why doesn’t the caching issue not happen when I conduct online banking or when I stream Amazon Prime or when I tried downloading with Onedrive?

PPS: What’s this helper process that you mentioned? What’s the process name?  

[cut]

[cut]

No, this problem doesn’t exist with Norton and AVG (which are the other two antivirus software I’ve tried).

There’s W3C standards and every company that creates browsers either follows it to the latest standard, implements part of it or is still lagging in some earlier versions.

Let me ask you: Does application developers follow Google specification for Android OS or we simply say that Android OS should accommodate application developers’ approach?

Ask this to any software developers in OSX or iOS. You have to follow the platform’s rules and specification, not the other way around.

You also have to understand that any helper process in Edge will have been duly signed. This is also how security apps like Applocker works.

This is obviously an erroneous implementation by Kaspersky.

PS: Why does this problem exist for downloading with Yahoo mail and Netflix streaming then? Why doesn’t the caching issue not happen when I conduct online banking or when I stream Amazon Prime or when I tried downloading with Onedrive?

PPS: What’s this helper process that you mentioned? What’s the process name?  

You are again missing the point, it’s a cache modification issue. You Norton and AVG, either installed or launched after the issue, has no previous knowledge of cached pages before vs after Edge update. They have no ground to evaluate if there is something wrong with it.

KIS is protecting you from malicious attacks. W3C has nothing do to with protecting you from an unauthorized cache modification attack... It’s like comparing HTML protocol with Elliptical Curves…

There is nothing obvious about this issue. All previous updates of Edge worked perfectly, the last update screwed thing up. For me, it’s obvious that Edge developers have done something in the last update without considering all the ramifications that resulted in this issue.

All,

For the record, the timeline, Patch J, including support for Edge Chromium was released, in staggered distribution, April 6th, 2020; me.kis.v2.scr.kaspersky issue began 13th, 14th April, 2020.  Edge Chromium, commercial release was 15th January 2020. 

🤔

Flood🐳

Correct, speaking of the timeline of Updates: Microsoft Edge Stable Channel releases:

Version 80.0.361.111: April 7

Version 81.0.416.53: April 13 (HUGE features path notes)

Version 81.0.416.58: April 17

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/microsoft-edge-relnote-stable-channel

Microsoft Edge Stable Channel release Version 81.0.416.53: April 13. The same day me.kis.v2.scr.kaspersky-labs.com issue began.

The changelog contains interesting things that possibly alter how cache is handled before vs now:

• Added support for Windows Information Protection (WIP), which helps enterprises protect sensitive data from unauthorized disclosure.
  • Application Guard. Extensions support now available in the container.
  • Policy updates: Enable globally scoped HTTP auth cache. (and many others)