Malwarebytes compatibility with Kaspersky

Krbnsol

+1 just to add another voice, I have had issues similar to what has been described previously in this thread after trying to install the newest version yesterday. Didn’t have any sort of problems before.

I can understand that competing for certain system resources may cause compatibility issues between programs, but since it was Kaspersky that introduced these issues, I will be keeping it off my PC until a more “friendly” version will be published.

Thanks @FLOOD for fixing link to earlier version full installation packages (see post 5 days ago). Very helpful for those who have to re-install a version before 2020.

By the way: miss the German version of KIS 2018; isn´t it available anymore? (Not very important; English version is also fine)

@anthatony,  @HumeEvor, & others, 

Resources for downloading Kaspersky applications and documentation for home products, link to earlier version installation packages fixed. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

I tried to instal 2019 Total Security and it is now wanting to remove MWB! Like others, I won’t be getting rid of MWB but I will be getting another anti-virus provider.

• 2 weeks later...

@Saor Alba 
If you want to keep MBAM 4 please proceed like this :

> Download KTS 2020
> Exit KTS 2019 > uninstall > reboot
> Install MBAM 4 > disable real-time [Ransomware Protection] option > reboot
> Install KTS 2020 > update Databases > reboot

I tried this but it didn’t work. I’ve now rolled back to KTS 2019 and everything is working perfectly together.

I cannot believe: I formatted my Windows just because of this problem. I though my Windows files are broken.

Then I used my new Windows with using Malwarebytes only for one week without any problem. Today I decided to setup Kaspersky too. After setup (I didn’t uninstall MBAM of course, I always use KIS and MBAM together for years), every little bug and problem showed up again.
So I decided to search conflict about KIS and MBAM, and here I am. The problem was never related to my Windows 😞

I will chose this method:
Uninstall KIS 2020 and setup KIS 2019.

By the way: miss the German version of KIS 2018; isn´t it available anymore?

Hello @mole

Kaspersky Technical Support’s answer to the “missing” KIS18 DE

From: Kaspersky Lab Support, Sent: Friday, 13 March 2020 16:06

The German language is not listed because the 2018 version is not GDPR compliant.

end quote

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

I cannot believe: I formatted my Windows just because of this problem. I though my Windows files are broken.

Then I used my new Windows with using Malwarebytes only for one week without any problem. Today I decided to setup Kaspersky too. After setup (I didn’t uninstall MBAM of course, I always use KIS and MBAM together for years), every little bug and problem showed up again.
So I decided to search conflict about KIS and MBAM, and here I am. The problem was never related to my Windows 😞

I will chose this method:
Uninstall KIS 2020 and setup KIS 2019.

Apparently Malwarebytes have fixed the compatibility issue.

If Malwarebytes components package 1.0.854 is installed, you should not experience the conflict with Ransomware Protection after installing Kaspersky Internet Security 2020.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/257115-malwarebytes-41056-kaspersky-2020/

• 3 months later...

For real-time protection Kaspersky Security Cloud should be used alone.

Second opinion scanners and cleaners are generally ok as they are not providing real-time protection as your Kaspersky Security Cloud is. I personally would only use a second opinion scanner if Kaspersky’s own scanner couldn’t resolve an actual issue. It’s easy to end up chasing your own tale, seeing different detection results as more problematic than they might be.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, I've been using KSC 2020 with Malwarebytes Antimalware for a long time without any problems. I wanted to try the new 2021 version of KSC, but at the time of installation, it appears that Malwarebytes is no longer compatible and must be removed from the PC. Can you tell me if in a future version of KSC 2021 it will be compatible again or not?

Thanks,

Zerounoa