Malware avira.swu.srv

Go to solution Solved by Berny,

Hello Berny, I have taken a screenshot of the notification of the avira program that is running (although I don't have it installed). I am also sending you the screenshot of the report.

Karspersky has not indicated any problem, but that extension is working every day, and Karspersky detects it and asks me to remove it, I say yes, restart the computer, and it is still there without being removed.

I’m encountering this issue too, I’ve uninstalled Avira completely on 2 seperate systems and every time I try to install Kaspersky, it claims Avira is still installed.

I just ignore the message, I’m pretty sure its a bug on Kaspersky’s side. Falsely detecting the presence of Avira where there is none.

Hi @Berny 

I did what you asked and ran the Avira Registry Cleaner, after it completed I restarted my computer and Kaspersky didn’t complain about Avira anymore.

I’ve attached a log of the registry keys it cleaned. It appears the registry key causing the issue was “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Avira\SoftwareUpdater” → [deleted]

Thanks.

Berny - Where do I find and download this ‘ Avira Registry Cleaner ‘ ?

I thougth I had uninstalled every avira program from my lapop but I’m expreriencing this same re-occuring message “avira.swu.srv@ which kaspersky hbas been unable to remove.

If the Avira Registry Cleaner should be still on my laptop somehwre, please coudl you list steps so I could find it?

Otherwise, If the Avira Regitry Cleaner needs to be downloaded from the web, please could you provide the link to the location you would recommend downloading it from?

@a.mcmenemy  Welcome.

Please go to → "https://www.avira.com/en/downloads#tab_a3_0"
Avira Utilities → Avira Registry Cleaner →    Download

“The Avira Registry Cleaner removes all keys created by Avira…”

⚠  Please take care to backup your Registry before proceeding. 

After proceeding  please Reboot.