macOS 13 very slow login after installing Kaspersky

Go to solution Solved by Danila T.,

Hello,

yesterday I installed Kaspersky Plus on my MacBook Air M1 (running latest version of Ventura).

Since then, I'm experiencing very slow logins: after I enter my password, I have to wait about 2-2:30 minutes before to reach the desktop.

I tried to uninstall Kaspersky Plus and the problem was fixed. I reinstalled Kaspersky Plus and the problem re-occured.

What can be done to fix this issue? Is there anyone else experincing this?

Thanks a lot.

Hello,

In this case, the problem occurs due to macOS 13 specifics. The problem occurs when antivirus is installed, including from other vendors. We do not know the timing of a fix from Apple. You can contact Apple Support to clarify.

Thank you in advance!

• Like 1

• The title was changed to macOS 13 very slow login after installing Kaspersky

Hi @Danila T. and thank you for your reply.

2 hours ago, Danila T. said:

The problem occurs when antivirus is installed, including from other vendors.

Uhm no, that’s not the case, I used Trend Micro AV for about 6 months without any issue, then I switched to Kaspersy Plus and this problem occurred. 

I have the same issue with macbook 16 m1 pro and Kaspersky Plus (ventura 13.3.1)

After installing kaspersky plus it takes mac os 1 min in my case to login to system.

After uninstalling kaspersky plus mac os logins immediately after password provided.

Before kas plus I had Kaspersky internet security installed and I DID NOT face such issue with kis - my user logged in right after password entered.

This topic is marked as solved incorrectly.

Problem is reproducible and must be solved on the side of kaspersky

Edited by Rockthehousein
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rockthehousein said:

This topic is marked as solved incorrectly.

Hi @Rockthehousein I didn’t mark this post as solved. Somebody from the forum administration marked it as solved (I don’t know why anyway).

I agree that this seems to be a problem related to Kaspersky Plus and not to other vendors or versions. So maybe a workaround exists.

Thanks,

Luca

EDIT: I was able to unmark this as solved 

Edited by Luca91
  • Like 1

Same issue with our M2 machines as well – inclining to uninstall Kaspersky.

I am personally using M2 Max 16" MacBook Pro with MacOS v.13.1.1. Once I type-in password and hit "enter", login now takes almost a minute. Previously it used to happen in an instant. This behavior, robs the users of the "Apple Silicon" blazing fast boot experience. Kaspersky, please fix this ASAP. 

@Danila T., thanks for chiming in and offering support, appreciate it. Having said that, I don't think MacOS v13 has anything do with it. Adding a context from our IT:

"Before this we were using BitDefender for our machines, and they were running smooth like a butter."

Please fix this otherwise we may have to part ways with Kaspersky for all our machines. 

Edited by Simatic

When I installed Kaspersky on my Mac mini, I got a notification that a "delayed_start.sh" script was installed. I will bet a kidney that is the culprit. Maybe Kaspersky personnel can shed some light on why this script is necessary.

Exactly the same. My new macbook super quick at start up using old Kaspersky programme but it expired. Upgraded to Premium and now a good 2-3 mins wait to start up after initial password. Can I turn it off and start it manually after the macbook starts?

15 hours ago, stuartpal said:

Exactly the same. My new MacBook super quick at start up using old Kaspersky program but it expired. Upgraded to Premium and now a good 2-3 mins wait to start up after initial password.

1. Can I turn it off and start it manually after the MacBook starts?

Hello @stuartpal

Welcome!

Our area of expertise is Windows, Mainframes & Server farms, not macOS, so we give this advice with caution, meaning we don't *actually* know, however, based on our experience we'd say no, Kaspersky software is designed to protect the OS thru the duration of the system start -> having said that, it'd be good to hear an answer from either @Danila T. & or @Igor Kurzin, to the specific question: 1. "Can I turn it off and start it manually after the MacBook starts?"

On the question of whether OR not this is or is not an Apple issue, as @Danila T. has stated above - @Luca91, @Rockthehousein, @lth651, @Simatic, @JohnWick & @stuartpal - have *all* of you FORMALLY logged the issue with Apple & with Kaspersky?

IF 'no', we strongly recommend *all* of you to do so! Why? -> 6 complaints about the same issue they may / possibly look at it... & (you'll) each be able to report back the response/s from their technical experts, you've got nothing to lose (ioo). 

Here's the process: 

https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts; on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error, & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn

5 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @stuartpal

Welcome!

Our area of expertise is Windows, Mainframes & Server farms, not macOS, so we give this advice with caution, meaning we don't *actually* know, however, based on our experience we'd say no, Kaspersky software is designed to protect the OS thru the duration of the system start -> having said that, it'd be good to hear an answer from either @Danila T. & or @Igor Kurzin, to the specific question: 1. "Can I turn it off and start it manually after the MacBook starts?"

On the question of whether OR not this is or is not an Apple issue, as @Danila T. has stated above - @Luca91, @Rockthehousein, @lth651, @Simatic, @JohnWick & @stuartpal - have *all* of you FORMALLY logged the issue with Apple & with Kaspersky?

IF 'no', we strongly recommend *all* of you to do so! Why? -> 6 complaints about the same issue they may / possibly look at it... & (you'll) each be able to report back the response/s from their technical experts, you've got nothing to lose (ioo). 

Here's the process: 

https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts; on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error, & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Thank You. I tried their technical support and after a quite frustrating conversation, I got them to assist me to uninstal. I have now switched to Eset. machine starts up fine and seems even quicker to respond to browser etc for some reason. Amazon were really good to give me a refund as they could see my Eset purchase. I won't use Kaspersky again. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, stuartpal said:

Thank You. I tried their technical support and after a quite frustrating conversation, I got them to assist me to uninstall. I won't use Kaspersky again. 

Hello @stuartpal

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back! 

It sounds as if the support experience was less than satisfactory, that's most unfortunate. 

We're not sure why as you've not provided details, nor do we understand the Amazon reference?, perhaps you'd be kind enough to share the Incident reference number - it's prefixed with INC0000, please? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Let's be clear. This issue is not apparent in any other anti-malware program I have installed (I have licenses for most all major Mac anti-malware products). This is a Kaspersky unique problem caused by a delay start-up script, which Kaspersky installs. 

• Like 1

We’re addressing the same issue after installing the latest software of Kaspersky Standard. My grandma using a new M2 Max 16" MacBook Pro with macOS Ventura v13.4. Once type-in password and hit "enter", login now takes a minute. Is there a way to fix that? It‘s really frustrating und I don‘t think Apple is the problem here. Can we remove the Kaspersky unique delay start-up script after it is installed?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello friends,

Any updates on how to resolve this issue? After installing Kaspersky in a newly bought (6 days old) Mac Mini M2 16GB, OS Ventura 13.4.1, booting up to the desktop after entering my password takes 1.5 minutes. 

Edited by MarvinG

• The title was changed to macOS 13 very slow login after installing Kaspersky
On 7/15/2023 at 1:18 AM, Danila T. said:

Hello,

Did you contact Apple support about this problem? As we wrote above - the problem occurs due to macOS 13 specifics.

Exactly what specifics are you talking about? Without that info, how in the world would Apple evn address this?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2023 at 2:18 PM, Danila T. said:

Hello,

Did you contact Apple support about this problem? As we wrote above - the problem occurs due to macOS 13 specifics.

Hello, as per apple support, i quote

"xxx the issue only occurs after downloading the Anti-Virus application, it would be related to its software and the developer would need to do some further checks into the performance."

68776533-AE6A-42C3-AFC2-72C046800D9A.thumb.jpeg.52a8be8e7037babfee28d1725243af68.jpeg

I think they are correct. The App Developer should check on this or specifically provide details of that "OS 13 Specifics" they are mentioning.

On 5/11/2023 at 12:30 AM, Luca91 said:

Hello,

yesterday I installed Kaspersky Plus on my MacBook Air M1 (running latest version of Ventura).

Since then, I'm experiencing very slow logins: after I enter my password, I have to wait about 2-2:30 minutes before to reach the desktop.

I tried to uninstall Kaspersky Plus and the problem was fixed. I reinstalled Kaspersky Plus and the problem re-occured.

What can be done to fix this issue? Is there anyone else experincing this?

Thanks a lot.

Any updates in your case? Did your Macbook boot up fast now?