Mac, Safe Money notification icon doesn't show in Safari - KIS for Mac 2020

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

I get the usual webcam blocking notification when loading websites in Safari, but when going to banking and other safe money enabled websites, the slider notification doesn’t come out anymore to verify the legitimacy? nothing happens.

This issue first occurred when Installed KIS 2020 with Safari extension, then it started working, now it’s failing again?

I restarted Mac, cleared cache, rebooted both safari and KIS, but it did not solve the issue.

Thanks for help. I know some people hate those sliding notifications, but they give me peace of mind. 

Hello @Lonnieg3,

Welcome!

• To confirm, is the sliding notification the same/similar to:
  • If “no”, may we have an image please?
  1. What is the MAC operating system version?
  2. Have all MAC updates been applied successfully? 
  3. KIS version & patch(x) x=letter?
  4. When did the issue start = date?
  5. Has MAC → installed apps notifications settings been checked? 
  6. Is the Kaspersky Protection extension installed and enabled in Safari? 
  7. Which MAC Privacy settings have been configured for the Camera? 
  8. In Safari, Settings for x website - is camera set to Allow, Alert or Block?  
  9. If it’s possible🤔, has Safari been reset to default? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

A note that may shed some light on the issue, KIS/Windows had a change: “Webcam Protection has been improved. KIS now doesn't show a notification when a trusted system process attempts to access the webcam, it’s possible the same/similar change has been made for KIS/MAC - it just hasn’t been documented🤔

Hi Flood,

Thanks for response. I apologize as I meant the Safe Money Notification banner that slides out from right side of screen when on a banking website, or websites manually added to safe money  (*not the webcam one). Answers to your questions below:

1. What is the MAC operating system version? Catalina 10.15.5
  2. Have all MAC updates been applied successfully? Yes
  3. KIS version & patch(x) x=letter? 20.0.0.829b
  4. When did the issue start = date? 2-3 days ago
  5. Has MAC → installed apps notifications settings been checked? All Notifications turned on for KIS
  6. Is the Kaspersky Protection extension installed and enabled in Safari? Yes, although sometimes when I restart MAC, KIS asks to enable extension, then it automatically starts when I load safari
  7. If it’s possible🤔, has Safari been reset to default? Not yet, don't really want to until last resort

Hello @Lonnieg3,

Thank you for the information and the images👌

1. Has the MAC been completely shutdown→ powered off & on in the last 24 hours?
  2. What is the Kaspersky protection extension version please? 
  3. In (your) 1st image, there are 2 Recommendations, may we know what they are please?
  4. Are the 2 & 3rd images, from Safari? If “yes”, please take full screen images - open Safari so it’s full screen view, press Command Shift 5, the screen capture window should open, select Capture Entire Screen - save the image & attach to your reply please?
  5. May we have a full screen image of KIS, Preferences, Information, Notifications window please? 
  6. Open KIS Reports, please export/download (select the tiny icon in the Report window top right hand corner) 3 Reports: Update, File Anti-Virus & Web Anti-Virus, the time frame needs to cover at least the last 3 days, save the reports as .txt files & attach the reports to your reply please:

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi Flood:

So it seems the extension is buggy now as even tracker blocking stopped. feel like it’s stuck. 

So answers below in blue:

1. Has the MAC been completely shutdown→ powered off & on in the last 24 hours?
  2. What is the Kaspersky protection extension version please? Yes, multiple times shut down and restarted. it says extension version 20.0 under safari preferences.
  3. In (your) 1st image, there are 2 Recommendations, may we know what they are please? they are install password manager, and to join KIS Network
  4. Are the 2 & 3rd images, from Safari? If “yes”, please take full screen images - open Safari so it’s full screen view, press Command Shift 5, the screen capture window should open, select Capture Entire Screen - save the image & attach to your reply please? Yes they are from safari
  5. May we have a full screen image of KIS, PreferencesInformationNotifications window please? I don’t really want to start putting up more pictures to protect my privacy . Same with below…..I might just uninstall and reinstall the extension perhaps?
  6. Open KIS Reports, please export/download (select the tiny icon in the Report window top right hand corner) 3 Reports: UpdateFile Anti-Virus & Web Anti-Virus, the time frame needs to cover at least the last 3 days, save the reports as .txt files & attach the reports to your reply please:

Hello @Lonnieg3 

Thank you for the information👌

If you wish to uninstall the KIS extension, that's fine, (ioo) it would be better to first test where the issue is:

1. Is it KIS extension?
  2. Is it Safari browser?
  3. Is it KIS application?
  4. Is it system? 
  • As a test, you could in download & install Google Chrome browser, make sure Kaspersky Protection extension is installed and enabled, make sure KIS is active, recheck the Safe Money notification? 

Works, great you've established the problem is the Safari browser. Solution = a full Safari reset

• At the completion of the Safari reset, shutdown MAC, power on, login, make sure KIS is active -  recheck the Safe Money notification? 

Works? Great, problem solved👏
Doesn't work - do the following:

• Uninstall KIS using the uninstall wizard - follow the directions carefully, at the completion of the uninstall: shutdown the MAC using Shutdown, not restart, power on, login: 
  • Check List of applications incompatible with Kaspersky Internet Security 20 for Mac
  • Download and install a NEW KIS installer - follow the directions carefully, at the completion of the install - shutdown the MAC using Shutdown, not restart, power on, login: make sure KIS is active, start Safari, make sure Kaspersky Protection extension is installed and enabled, recheck the Safe Money notification? 

Doesn't work - raise a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, follow the template below as a guide, include a detailed history,  all recovery steps takentrace filesSystem Report and the system.log file, the 3 KIS Reports & full screen images

Please let us know the outcome when it’s available?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello!

This issue is related to the latest problem experienced by KIS for Mac users (as discussed here). 

Kaspersky will fix it in the next patch, we have to be patient for now. :)

In case you have any questions please let us know.

Thank you and cheers!

If you wish to uninstall the KIS extension, that's fine, (ioo) it would be better to first test where the issue is:

1. Is it KIS extension?
  2. Is it Safari browser?
  3. Is it KIS application?
  4. Is it system? 
  • As a test, you could in download & install Google Chrome browser, make sure Kaspersky Protection extension is installed and enabled, make sure KIS is active, recheck the Safe Money notification? Installed Google Chrome and Extension still did not work for safe money and tracker prevention still stuck

Works, great you've established the problem is the Safari browser. Solution = a full Safari reset

Safari reset, disabling all extensions did not solve the problem

• At the completion of the Safari reset, shutdown MAC, power on, login, make sure KIS is active -  recheck the Safe Money notification? 

Doesn't work - do the following:

• Uninstall KIS using the uninstall wizard - follow the directions carefully, at the completion of the uninstall: shutdown the MAC using Shutdown, not restart, power on, login: Completed full uninstall, shut down computer. left kapersky secure connection installed.
  • Check List of applications incompatible with Kaspersky Internet Security 20 for Mac 
  • None of my applications are listed as incompatible, so it good.
  • Download and install a NEW KIS installer - follow the directions carefully, at the completion of the install - shutdown the MAC using Shutdown, not restart, power on, login: make sure KIS is active, start Safari, make sure Kaspersky Protection extension is installed and enabled, recheck the Safe Money notification? After reinstall and reboot, it still has not solved the problem. Safe Money doesn't work and both website tracking prevention and web antivirus do not work. both show nothing under reports , they are at zero and haven't moved. I suspect they were all not working before but only noticed safe money at first.
  • everything else including file antivirus, virtual keyboard, updates... seem to work.

Should I wait for Patch C? or put in technical assistance request?

• Download and install a NEW KIS installer - follow the directions carefully, at the completion of the install - shutdown the MAC using Shutdown, not restart, power on, login: make sure KIS is active, start Safari, make sure Kaspersky Protection extension is installed and enabled, recheck the Safe Money notification? After reinstall and reboot, it still has not solved the problem. Safe Money doesn't work and both website tracking prevention and web antivirus do not work. both show nothing under reports , they are at zero and haven't moved. I suspect they were all not working before but only noticed safe money at first.
  • everything else including file antivirus, virtual keyboard, updates... seem to work.

Here too

• 1 month later...
  • Solution

Hi Everyone,

The problem finally seems fixed in update sent 30 August . The extension is now fully working In Safari with Web Anti-Virus , tracking and safe money active again for now .

i also noticed that when I browse HTTPS sites Kaspersky is issuing the certificates again which I think is a good thing.
When the extension wasn’t working , the encryption certificates were always showing from the website / company itself . I assume this further proves the extension in Safari is working properly .