[Mac] Legacy System Extension notice [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hello,

Last time I have installed Kaspersky IS (on macOS, 10.15.4) 20.0.0.829b 

I got the the “Legacy System Extension” message. Further reading can be found at

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210999

Being maybe the last macOS release prior to the next major version, what is the status of the KLab in regards to this topic? I mean, there are a few months remaining and the product still uses a deprecated approach.

Thank you!

• Solution

Hello @h3x00r,

Welcome!

As the advisory says: 

• In 2019, Apple informed developers that macOS Catalina will be the last macOS to fully support legacy system extensions, and we've been working with developers to transition their software. 
  • By moving beyond these extensions, developers are helping to further modernize the Mac, improve its security and reliability, and enable more user-friendly software distribution methods.
  • A final transition date has not yet been set.
  • Until the transition is complete, your Mac displays a message when a legacy system extension first loads, and again periodically while the extension remains in use.
  • This gives you advance notice that existing software on your system loaded a system extension that will be incompatible with a future version of macOS.
  • Atm KIS20 is fully compatible with macOS Catalina. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳