Mac KIS and Big Sur BETA (Mac OS 11) support. [merged]

Just a note, KIS will not load and cannot be installed on MacOS 11.0  Big Sur.  I recently became a beta tester and the current beta will not allow KIS to load, nor can you reinstall it. It will not even allow the installer to launch.

Hello @Sectre,

Welcome!

KIS Supported operating systems are:

• macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
  • macOS 10.13 (High Sierra)
  • macOS 10.14 (Mojave)
  • macOS 10.15 (Catalina)

Kaspersky does not support beta, preview & or development systems.

• If by “beta tester and the current beta will not allow KIS to load”, you mean a KIS beta tester, you need to followup with the admin of the Kaspersky beta channel. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Disappointing response as It would allow real world users to help the development of the product. Can we get a refund on remaining days?

Hello @GazzaPro,

Welcome!

If the License / code was purchased via the Kaspersky website or My Kaspersky, contact Kaspersky Technical Support.

If the License / code was purchased via a different Kaspersky partner, contact them directly.

If the License / code was purchased via a third party / non Kaspersky merchant, contact them directly.

• For a refund request, please provide the following information:
  1. The date of the purchase
  2. Your full name
  3. The email address used for the purchase
  4. Order number from the confirmation email

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi, @Sectre@GazzaPro,
2021 version recently released, https://support.kaspersky.com/15579
Try to install it  https://support.kaspersky.com/15582

Hello, I tried to install KIS 2021 into my MacBook Pro running MacOS BigSur public beta recently released ( Aug 2020 ) and when trying to run the installer, an error shows telling that the Kaspersky installer could not be opened ( -1 error code ). Is there any alternative to run this installer instead of double clicking the file ? Thank you.

Hello @ralvarezmart,

You’re most welcome☺ !

• We understand how you came to try KIS 2021 with MacOS Big Sur public beta, however, the original advice remains current.
  • When Apple releases Big Sur commercially, we anticipate Kaspersky with include it in supported operating systems, the information should be published in KIS 2021 hardware and software requirements, if we hear anything we’ll update this topic.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Anyone got this solved? I do understand that Big Sur is still beta but in a few month it will be released and it would be nice if Kaspersky starts looking into this before that. I already lost 4 month because of a bug with catalina which kind of questions the whole subscription.

Stephan

Hello @stephan1827,

Welcome back!

Kaspersky doesn’t support beta versions/previews of new operating systems. Only final, officially released operating systems are supported by the product

KIS 20 Supported operating systems are:

• macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
  • macOS 10.13 (High Sierra)
  • macOS 10.14 (Mojave)
  • macOS 10.15 (Catalina)

KIS 21 Supported operating systems are:

• macOS 10.14 (Mojave)
  • macOS 10.15 (Catalina)

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 2 weeks later...

This is extremely shameful of a large company as Kaspersky not to support Big Sur. After all Kaspersky is a security organization and consequently they should support of versions whether it be a beta application or not.

I have 935 days left in my subscription and Kaspersky is not not giving us support for a beta Operating System for Big Sur.

Maybe all the Mac subscribers should get together and sue Kaspersky with an open class action.

What are we paying for now? No protection

Hello @Rabbit,

Welcome!

Kaspersky doesn’t support beta versions/previews of new operating systems. Only final, officially released operating systems are supported by the product

KIS 21 will work with BigSur when Kaspersky announces & publishes an updated advisory, atm the information is not known, even anticipated dates may change, due to unforeseen circumstances.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hide behind your contract that’s what you do. You offer a product regarding you are the best in security yet you fail the moral test of giving security to beat products because of your contract. If you do not know what being moral is look it up.

What type of organization are you? Just trying to rip people off.

The minute you heard that Big Sur was testing, you should also be testing with consumers.

Right now I do not have any security just because of your principle that you do not support testing. Mac Big Sur is an operating system and you should be also testing.

Yeah, and macOS Big Sur has a lot of bugs currently, and deliberate deprecations such as the system extensions thing, and sometimes they might have to rewrite the entire app, as the deprecation bricked a lot of my apps such as as VM software.

Just like for iOS 14, they suddenly required third parties to update their widgets again in a later beta, rendering earlier widgets useless.