[Mac} Chrome Extension blocks Atlassian WYSIWYG editors - is this in your issue queue? [MOVED]

After installing and enabling the Chrome Extension, I find that a couple Atlassian pages do not function correctly anymore:

• Viewing an issue using the ‘new view’ in Jira
  • Adding a Helpdesk entry in the helpdesk portal

I tried several things, including disabling ad-blocker, and disabling Kapersky protection, and clearing all Internet Data from Chrome - nothing worked

After I disabled the Chrome Extension, and now all works as before.

I would really like to use the Chrome Extension, but obviously cannot if it causes issues like this.

Can you please let me know if you are able to replicate this on an Atlassian account?

Best,

Terrance

Earthman Media

Hello @EarthmanMedia,

Welcome!

• If “yes”, log a request with Kaspersky Technical Support, ​​​​on the contacts page, select your Location, select Application use, select from available options: ONLINE CHAT (not available all locations) PHONE (not available all locations), SUBMIT A REQUEST - via your MyKaspersky account; include images, a detailed history → include all steps taken to troubleshoot & resolve; Support may request a GSI & Windows Logs, they may also request KTS traces run as the issue is replicated, they will step you thru the collection of these if required. 
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳

Hi Flood,

Thanks, but those screenshots do not resemble my application. 

I do not know where to access the “Network Settings” in the sections pictured. 

Please advise.  I am using Total Security v21

Attached are screenshots of what my “Preferences” screen looks like.  There is no “Settings” nor is there a “Network Settings” option that I can see

Hello @EarthmanMedia,

Thank you for the images👌

1. If Chrome is run Incognitio, do the issues persist?
  2. For MAC, even if you have a KTS subscription license, the software that installs is Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS). 
  3. The options & information, in our previous replies, applies to KTS/Windows, the same options are not available in KIS/MAC. 
  4. Please follow the “contact Support guidance” from our earlier reply, however, the support team will require System Report and the system log file & Traces - not GSI data. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳

Hopefully my details here will allow someone on the Kaspersky end of things to test this and replicate the issue, and then they can take the time to fix it.

As a paid product, I’m really not interested in spending hours of my time to work through this with the support team, as I assume I’m probably not the only person with his problem

I wish the support team good luck with replicating this, And would be happy to provide more details upon request

If the problem does get resolved, I hope they will post in this community forum topic so that I can start using it at that time

Hello @EarthmanMedia,

You’re most welcome☺ !

• FYI, we did test the issue before our first reply, and re-tested, as soon as the correct software & system information was provided, the issue is not replicable. 
  • The Community cannot log the issue, on your behalf, with the Kaspersky experts; due to Kaspersky privacy requirements; if we could we would.
  • Atm, there are no other Community members reporting the same issue, even if there were & “assuming” everyone has identical hardware, software, network & environment → a diagnosis cannot be made without data.
  • Nothing will be fixed if the Kaspersky Technical Team don’t know about it & without data. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳

• 4 weeks later...