Mac, Apple Music App (incl. Apple iTunes) blocked by Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac, version 21.0.0.464a.b.

Go to solution Solved by Danila T.,

pple Music App (incl. Apple iTunes) blocked by Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac, version 21.0.0.464a.b.

• Affected machine is a 2019 15" MacBook Pro, running MacOS 11.0.1 Big Sur.
  • I cannot access Apple Music/iTunes App, if Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac is running.
  • My Internet connection is fine otherwise, and I can access other sites or Apps without any problem.
  • Only by turning off Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac, am I able to connect to the Apple iTunes Store. If I enable Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac, the iTunes App Store is no longer accessible: iTunes generates error code -9810.
    iTunes Error Code -9810 when KIS for Mac is running.

• Apple Support recommends uninstalling Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac for Apple Music/iTunes App to function. Quitting Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac confirms this compatibility issue with Apple Music/iTunes App.

•  

• I note that last year, the Mac App Store was blocked also by Kaspersky Internet Security 19.0.0.294b.c.d, on macs running MacOS 10.13.6 (Catalina)
  • Is there a fix, or update, so I can run Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac, AND access the Apple Music/iTunes store?
  • Your advice regarding this matter is appreciated in advance.

Apple Music App (incl. Apple iTunes) blocked by Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac, version 21.0.0.464a.b.

1. Affected machine is a 2019 15" MacBook Pro, running MacOS 11.0.1 Big Sur.
  2. I cannot access Apple Music/iTunes App, if Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac is running.
  3. My Internet connection is fine otherwise, and I can access other sites or Apps without any problem.
  4. Only by turning off Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac, am I able to connect to the Apple iTunes Store. If I enable Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac, the iTunes App Store is no longer accessible: iTunes generates error code - 9810.
  5. Apple Support recommends uninstalling Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac for Apple Music/iTunes App to function. Quitting Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac confirms this compatibility issue with Apple Music/iTunes App.

6. I note that last year, the Mac App Store was blocked also by Kaspersky Internet Security 19.0.0.294b.c.d, on macs running MacOS 10.13.6 (Catalina)

7. Is there a fix, or update, so I can run Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac, AND access the Apple Music/iTunes store?
  • Your advice regarding this matter is appreciated in advance.

Hello @Siberblau

Welcome!

Has a clean install of KIS been done?  

Log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the Application malfunction, Other template, include:

1.  A detailed history?
  2. What caused the problem?
  3. How did you try to solve the problem?
  4. Text from an error message? Screenshot? Video?
  5. Community topic URL?
  6. Support may request traces & or other data, they will guide you

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @Siberblau

Welcome!

Has a clean install of KIS been done?  

Log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, <snip>

… After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your My Kaspersky account.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Thank you, Flood, for your kind reply.

I am, indeed, in regular contact with Kaspersky Technical Support regarding this matter, and have already sent them a number of logs, as well as terminal outputs from my machine.

Hopefully, Technical Support will find a resolution to this matter which, I would predict, affects a great many people who are running Mac OS 11.1 - especially if KIS Version 21.0.464 is engineered to prevent certain Apple Apps from bypassing firewalls or VPNs - as Eugene Kaspersky himself acknowledged via Twitter in November, ads the screenshot illustrates:

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem. Reinstalling Doesn’t change anything. I need to quit Kaspersky security cloud to access Apple Music or tv!

Hello,

This is a bug in the macOS and it will be fixed in the future by Apple (macOS 11.2 or newest). As temporary solution need uninstall the Little Snitch and/or CISCO and restart Mac. Check that components of these applications are removed from the macOS network settings (need uninstall). Check problem again.

I can confirm that Little Snitch is indeed the culprit in this case. The problem, however, won’t magically vanish, simply by uninstalling Little Snitch: 

Every single trace of Little Snitch must be deleted from your system – including from network settings – as Danila T rightly pointed out. It took me several weeks to get to this point, but Kaspersky Technical Support personnel are to be lauded for their persistence in solving this issue.

#Respect. #Уважение.