Mac App Store blocked by KIS [19 and 2020, "Cannot Connect to the App Store" ]

kenj

Hello. I'm running KAV version 19.0.0.294b.c.d on MacOS 10.13.6. I cannot access the Mac App Store if KAV is running. My Internet connection is fine otherwise, and I can access other sites without any problem. Only by turning off KAV protection am I able to connect to the Mac App Store. If I enable KAV protection, the App Store is no longer accessible. Is there a fix so I can run KAV internet security AND access the App Store.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello. I'm running KAV version 19.0.0.294b.c.d on MacOS 10.13.6. I cannot access the Mac App Store if KAV is running. My Internet connection is fine otherwise, and I can access other sites without any problem. Only by turning off KAV protection am I able to connect to the Mac App Store. If I enable KAV protection, the App Store is no longer accessible. Is there a fix so I can run KAV internet security AND access the App Store.
Hello kenj, Welcome!
  1. Is this a new problem or have you never been able to access the Mac App Store?
  2. Are there any errors displayed when the issue happens?
  3. Are there any events logged by KIS (Reports)?
Please let us know? Thank you

Hello.
  1. This is a new problem. I've confirmed that disabling KAV allows me to access the Mac App Store, and re-enabling KAV blocks access. So, it's definitely KAV.
  2. No errors are displayed anywhere. What I see is "Cannot Connect to the App Store" in the App Store window.
  3. What specific report information do you want? I'm not seeing any new report information in any of the sub-report areas when I start the App Store.

Hello, Same kind of issue for me but with Apple Music/iTunes. iTunes lunch correctly but when I try to search for music (either album or artist or playlist etc) page keeps searching/loading endlessly. Deactivating KAV fix this issue. Issue appeared today (October 4th) out of nowhere because everything was working fine before. Tried updating from version 19 to version 20 with no effect on the matter. I am on MacOS Mojave 10.14.6. Any help in order to fix this would be appreciated.

Hello, FLOOD I have the same issue that kenj reported. Unfortunately, in my case, upgrading KIS 20.0.0.829 didn't solve the problem. I'm using MacOS High Sierra operating system, and it has the latest updates applied.
Hello Rodolfo Barbosa, Welcome! (Additional to richbuff's post)
  1. In your case, did the issue pre-exist upgrading to KIS2020?
  2. In KIS Reports - are there any events matching "Mac App Store access blocked" ?
Have you:
  1. Uninstalled KIS, shutdown MAC completely using: Apple keyShut Down
  2. Restarted MAC, downloaded new KIS2020 exe, reinstalled, shutdown MAC completely using: Apple key→Shut Down, restarted MAC, rechecked?
  3. Have you tried kenj's "KeyChain Access "fix"?
Please post back? Thank you:pray_tone3:

Hello, MacOS Mojave 10.14.6. Same kind of issue for me but with Apple Music/iTunes. iTunes launches correctly but when I try to search for music (either album or artist or playlist etc) page keeps searching/loading endlessly. Deactivating KAV fixes this issue. Issue appeared today (October 4th) out of nowhere because everything was working fine before. Tried updating from version 19 to version 20 with no effect on the matter. Any help in order to fix this would be appreciated.
Hello SupR-Pingou, Welcome! (Additional to @richbuff's post)
  1. Have all the Mojave 10.14.6 updates been installed?
  2. Was KIS19 unistalled before upgrading to KIS20?
  3. In KIS Reports - are there any events matching "Apple Music/iTunes" errors/events?
  4. Is iTunes up to date?
Have you:
  2. Restarted MAC, downloaded new KIS2020 exe, reinstalled, shutdown MAC completely using: Apple key→Shut Down, restarted MAC, rechecked?
  3. Have you tried @kenj's "KeyChain Access "fix"?

My household is using Kaspersky 20.0.0.829 and we are unable to load iTunes store when Kaspersky is running. I have to turn off protection to have access to iTunes store. Will this problem be fixed? Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I have checked my network and have spent hours on the phone with Apple Support to check that this was not an error through their software or system.

Hello FLOOD ,
(Additional to @richbuff's post)
  1. Have all the Mojave 10.14.6 updates been installed?
  2. Was KIS19 unistalled before upgrading to KIS20?
  3. In KIS Reports - are there any events matching "Apple Music/iTunes" errors/events?
  4. Is iTunes up to date?
  1. Yes all the Mojave 10.14.6 updates have been installed (same for itunes),
  2. KIS19 was uninstalled before installing KIS20 using removal tool available in Kaspersky website,
  3. I have trouble findings the location of KIS reports. Could you point the location of them please?
Have you:
  3. Have you tried @kenj's "KeyChain Access "fix"?
  1. KIS19 was uninstalled using Kaspersky removal tool and KIS20 was installed right after
  2. Reboot was performed after doing that
  3. Did not tried kenj's "KeyChain Access "fix"
Issue was existing before upgrading from version 19 to version 20 and appeared yesterday (October 4th). Everything was working fine before that day. Regards,

I just tried the KeyChain fix, using this method :
The quickest way to reset your keychain in Mac OS X 10.4 or later:
  1. Open Keychain Access, which is in the Utilities folder within the Applications folder.
  2. From the Keychain Access menu, choose Preferences.
  3. Click General, then click Reset My Default Keychain.
  4. Authenticate with your account login password.
  5. Quit Keychain Access.
  6. Restart your computer.
It did not fix the issue.

Hello SupR-Pingou, Thank you for replying.
  1. Just so I'm clear, issue started 4/10/19, while KIS19 was installed, the issue remains, after installing KIS20 - have I got that right?
  2. What else happened on the 4/10/19?
  3. Reports, there's a few different categories, please export (Icon in top right hand corner, red highlight), all reports so we can look at everything please?
Thank you

Hello Astella P. Welcome!
  1. What is the operating system name and version?
  2. Has the issue always existed or is a new issue?
  3. If "new" when did it start?
  4. Is iTunes accessed via an application?
  5. Is iTunes up to date?
  6. iTunes version please?
  7. In KIS Reports - are there any events matching "Apple Music/iTunes" errors/events?
  1. Reports, there's a few different categories, please export (Report Icon in top right hand corner, red highlight), all reports so we can look at everything please?

Hello SupR-Pingou, Thank you for replying.
  1. Just so I'm clear, issue started 4/10/19, while KIS19 was installed, the issue remains, after installing KIS20 - have I got that right?
  2. What else happened on the 4/10/19?
  3. Reports, there's a few different categories, please export (Icon in top right hand corner, red highlight), all reports so we can look at everything please?
Thank you
Hello FLOOD , Thanks for your reply.
  1. Yes this is right,
  2. Nothing else happened that day : my macbook pro remained off during the whole day (i was at work), turned it on once I got back home and the issue was here (this is usually the first thing I do when I am back home : lunch Apple music and turn music on)
  3. Files are enclosed in this answer : there is only 2 categories with things in it (Update & File Anti-Virus - the others are empty)
Regards

FLOOD Vivaldi browser but iTunes/Apple Music is the only issue I have with. Browsing internet with Vivaldi, Chrome or Safari is working fine. Other categories are empty yes. I already ran scans in the past but they do not appear (maybe because of uninstallation of version 19 and installation of version 20?). I also checked the option regarding the non critical event reports this morning, it has always been off / not checked before.

Hello SupR-Pingou, Thank you.
  1. Which Kaspersky Removal tool was used please?
  2. Please run a manual Full Scan, allow it to complete - do not use Mac while it's running
  3. Please add the check ✔️ non critical events, replicate the issue, post back the (KIS) report(s) please?
  4. Please collect Console Log, try to select time frame from 03/10/19 to now, please upload the logs.
  5. Is your KIS Free or Licensed, if it's licensed it would be good to ask Kaspersky Lab Technical Support.
Please let me know? Thank you. Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac