Login to Password Manager with Security Token

celsurf

I've noticed I've had to constantly supply a password to open PM and I also am pretty sure that the password vault in stored on my computer.

Figuring that malware can get on my computer and specifically try to export the PM vault, I began to wonder how secure my passwords were from hackers ?

Understanding that security tokens can now be used for passwordless logins, can't something like that be incorporated with logging into PM ? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, celsurf said:
  1. I've noticed I've had to constantly supply a password to open PM and I also am pretty sure that the password vault in stored on my computer. Figuring that malware can get on my computer and specifically try to export the PM vault, I began to wonder how secure my passwords were from hackers ?
  2. Understanding that security tokens can now be used for passwordless logins, can't something like that be incorporated with logging into PM ? 

Hello @celsurf

Welcome back!

1. Read: How Kaspersky Password Manager protects your data
  2. Windows Hello has been added to KPM, Open Windows Hello settings - are you using it? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Thanks Flood and wife for the response.

Windows Hello is more of an access to physical laptop/desktop thing which doesn't address the scenario that I mentioned. 

I understood KPM has their contents encrypted with strong AES encryption (using the password as a key), however, what will happen in the scenario I mentioned above and a threat actor/hacker trys to brute force the password to the vault once he/she gets it ?  I can't see an 8-9 char/digit password providing much defense to a brute force password attack.

Have I missed something ? 

Security key signon to PM would be much much stronger.

Edited by celsurf

3 hours ago, celsurf said:

Windows Hello is more of an access to physical laptop/desktop thing which doesn't address the scenario that I mentioned. 

Hello @celsurf
Windows Hello options - when configured, are available to KPM:

kpm-windows-hello.thumb.jpg.7a48200c87a36607073ace3625b39180.jpg

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
grammar