Logged in youtube, can't post comments, subscribe and no notifications.

Wibie
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

After patch C of KSC Free 21.1.15.500 (today) finally got installed into my Laptop, I’ve been experiencing YouTube Sign-in Issue exactly as described in this Firefox Forum Thread. There was one answer which indicated it was Kaspersky issue. In this Google/YouTube Forum on same problem, Kaspersky was mentioned also as the cause.

Just like to point it out, in my case, it also happens in Firefox Browser only; no such issue in my Edge and Chrome.

Apparently it’s been happening for months and has not been resolved yet. Could someone from the Company fix it asap please? Thank you!

• Solution

Hello @Wibie

Welcome back!

• It’s a known bug, Kaspersky @Anton Mefodys, has advised it will be fixed in MR2 release, late October/November 2020.
  • The bug pre-existed patch C; it is neither caused nor fixed by patch C.
  • Until the fix, the advice from @Anton Mefodys is, please use another supported browser, for example: Chrome or Edge Chromium.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳&🐋

Reference topics:

@munastronaut Commenting on YouTube says "Returned error" after installing Kaspersky Security Cloud

@David Onn Can't manage my playlists and add comments on youtube when Kaspersky is running

@kis2009-007 KIS 2021 anti-banner plus Firefox plus Youtube = Can't sign out

@JohnnyR2D2 Total Security (Kaspersky Protection) version 21.1.15.500(a) blocking YouTube Notifications pane (Top Right)

Thank you for the quick response, Flood and Flood's wife !
Looking forward to the Fix.

Speaking of which, does Kaspersky Team make the List of those Known Issues accessible to us Users? It would help us to anticipate such Problems before making queries like what I did above 😅 . I myself would bookmark the List's page for sure for future reference.

Thanks again!

Does Kaspersky Team make the List of those Known Issues accessible to Users?

Hello @Wibie

You’re most welcome☺ !

No. 

Had you researched this forum, like you did Firefox & Google/Youtube, you would have found the topics we’ve referenced in our original reply. 

In our case, we spend time helping other Kaspersky users, so we become familiar with current issues, also, frequently, if a Kaspersky user reports an issue, we’ll try to replicate the issue, to determine if it’s user related or Kaspersky related, that helps us guide the Kaspersky users we help. 

Additionally, Kaspersky release notes, frequently, do not illuminate, Patch C for example “In patch C we have fixed several Kaspersky Security Cloud issues .” 🙄

Much has been written about Kaspersky’s communications &, we imagine, much will be written in the future, doesn’t make any difference, nothing changes. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳&🐋

• 2 weeks later...

I’m using the latest version of Firefox (82.0.02 64-bit) and this issue is still happening with YouTube. I cannot log into my account or see my saved likes or history even though it appears I am logged in initially when I open YouTube. But once I go to either my channel page, liked videos or history YouTube then keeps asking me to log in but when I do I just get redirected to an error page which says,  ‘405. That’s an error. The request method GET is inappropriate for the URL /youtubei/v1/browse. That’s all we know.’ .  I have anti banner switched off just for YouTube. It has been like this for over two weeks now and I’m having to use IE to access my YouTube page. When will this issue be fixed? Thanks.

After patch C of KSC Free 21.1.15.500 (today) finally got installed into my Laptop, I’ve been experiencing YouTube Sign-in Issue exactly as described in this Firefox Forum Thread. There was one answer which indicated it was Kaspersky issue. In this Google/YouTube Forum on same problem, Kaspersky was mentioned also as the cause.

Just like to point it out, in my case, it also happens in Firefox Browser only; no such issue in my Edge and Chrome.

Apparently it’s been happening for months and has not been resolved yet. Could someone from the Company fix it asap please? Thank you!

I have Youtube signing out problems as well. I also couldn’t subscribe to channels ‘cos it says I’m signed out even when I’m not. I also use Firefox. I saw a suggested solution to this that worked for me (while we wait for a better, official solution by Kaspersky).

Settings - Network - disable “Inject script into web traffic...” then restart computer then my Youtube worked as it should after that. Just read the warning that pops up when you disable, if you’re ok with that.

Any update when this will be fixed? Thanks

‘As @Anton Mefodys, has advised above, it will be fixed in MR2 release, late October/November 2020.’ You wrote that 26 days ago.  It’s now the 4th of November and still no fix. Could you please confirm when this will actually be fixed?

@Wibie, @Rippaboss@Icarus, @After23,

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳&🐋

‘As @Anton Mefodys, has advised above, it will be fixed in MR2 release, late October/November 2020.’ You wrote that 26 days ago.  It’s now the 4th of November and still no fix. Could you please confirm when this will actually be fixed?

I’m using Total Security 21.1.15.500 © how does a cloud patch apply to me? Thanks

Hello @After23,

It may surprise you to learn we do not possess a 🔮; you posted a reply in @Wibie’s Kaspersky Security Cloud topic. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳&🐋

It’s safer to use another browser like advised above.

If you MUST use Firefox + Youtube + KIS, then you have the option to disable `Script Injection` function described in the link below. 

(Caution: This will disable protection for all browsers installed on your system. Do it on your own risk. Remember to turn it back on)

https://support.google.com/youtube/thread/72861760?hl=en

I am having this same problem with Youtube. I am using free Kaspersky and it looks as if you expect me to download a new family version which I don't want just to fix this glitch? Please explain how to fix this in the free version without being forced into other obligations which I have not agreed to, otherwise I will need to discontinue use of Kaspersky. Surely you should have a patch to fix this if you are aware of it? I use Firefox and it is not convenient for me to change to a different browser, it is my browser of choice.

I am having this same problem with Youtube. I am using free Kaspersky and it looks as if you expect me to download a new family version which I don't want just to fix this glitch?

Hello @Bluerose

Welcome!

Kaspersky Free MR2 21.2.16.590, is available from https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/thank-you/free-antivirus-download

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳&🐋

• 3 weeks later...

I’m currently using KAV version 21.1.15.500 (C) in the USA. To subscribe to a YouTuber’s channel I have to pause the application and reload the browser, subscribe and then re-enable it. This is super annoying to do.

Hello @Maverick

You’re welcome!

Thank you for the information👌

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 21.2.16.590 - select California or non California → image 1, depending on your US whereabouts. 

After updating the software, shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, make sure KAV is active → run a manual Database update,  shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, make sure KAV is active → check patch(a) has been applied

NOTE: Patch(a) → image 2 - has the youtube/firefox fix, it may be necessary to repeat the shutdown steps several times. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳&🐋

This update worked Thank you. Do you know when this is going to roll out for the main stream? I have several family members that use different versions of Kaspersky productions on their pc and are going to need this update.

Hello @Maverick

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know👌

We’re delighted with the outcome🤸

According to Kaspersky Technical Support, 21.2.16.590(a) distribution completed on the 8th December, 2020. 

Post a list of the software your family members use: Kaspersky Anti-virus (KAV) (what you have), Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS), Kaspersky Total Security (KTS), Kaspersky Security Cloud (KSC) premium or free, we’ll  post the links ?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳&🐋