Limitations of Kaspersky on Windows 11

Go to solution Solved by Danila T.,

31591e05-7e62-4113-8f38-823979a617a6.thumb.webp.e288ffc002426c2876747d539934884a.webp

5 hours ago, harlan4096 said:

I just got also that warning in my W11 + KPremium 21.13, but was just after reboot the system after applying this last W11 cumulative update:

image.thumb.png.e5ecaf55d73fb21476ee7875e387d008.png

So, this is the cause of that warning!

user mode hook was crippled

trendmicro first post this incident

format,f_auto

Edited by Xzz123
  • Like 1

7 horas atrás, AntonyMagnus disse:

Thank you for the update! I really love Kaspersky products and would like to continue to use it but if the program is limiited to me it becomes self defeating in the sense that a limited security software solution is way too dangerous, given the state of malicious code today. It would be wise to seek an alternative due to this obviously.

As a side note prior to this I was and still am having issues with Solution for problem with updated Kaspersky products | Kaspersky official blog 

My friend, I can't stay with a limited AV product either, with this problem, the way is to go for another product, since Kaspersky still hasn't sent this urgent fix. Looks like AVs don't talk to Microsoft, the way is to switch to the other product, Trend Micro was affected too. the only one I saw that wasn't affected and had good products to use was Eset.

6 horas atrás, harlan4096 disse:

I just got also that warning in my W11 + KPremium 21.13, but was just after reboot the system after applying this last W11 cumulative update:

image.thumb.png.e5ecaf55d73fb21476ee7875e387d008.png

So, this is the cause of that warning!

Exactly what caused all this trouble was this update.

• Like 1

I came to a conclusion that when Microsoft sends an update to Windows, which I'm going to do now and wait 1 to 3 months until I find a problem, so I don't end up in the situation I'm in today. unfortunately I'll have to go a few months without updating Windows, something I wouldn't want to do, but the only solution is to change my AV.
I will be analyzing which is the best solution for me ?

1 hour ago, Xzz123 said:

31591e05-7e62-4113-8f38-823979a617a6.thumb.webp.e288ffc002426c2876747d539934884a.webp

user mode hook was crippled

trendmicro first post this incident

format,f_auto

I did not think that this was limited to one particular AV vendor. M$ as always makes a terrible mess of everything with their updates. Par for the course eh? Even found myself glancing at other vendors forums for similar events. 

19 minutes ago, SystemInfo said:

My friend, I can't stay with a limited AV product either, with this problem, the way is to go for another product, since Kaspersky still hasn't sent this urgent fix. Looks like AVs don't talk to Microsoft, the way is to switch to the other product, Trend Micro was affected too. the only one I saw that wasn't affected and had good products to use was Eset.

Agreed, been using M$ Defender for now. In truth they have come a long way with hardening their security solution. Most impressed there with M$ Defender I must say as an alternative for now. Someone also should be barking up M$'s tree for fixes IMO.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SenatorErdem disse:

Same thing here. I just installed KB5025305 and KB5025182

Exactly my friend, this is being a big problem. Kaspersky has to position itself quickly on a fix or Microsoft and Kaspersky have to talk more to each other. as I said because there will come a time when I will have to pause my updates for more than 3 months. at high security risk.

4 minutes ago, SystemInfo said:

Exactly my friend, this is being a big problem. Kaspersky has to position itself quickly on a fix or Microsoft and Kaspersky have to talk more to each other. as I said because there will come a time when I will have to pause my updates for more than 3 months. at high security risk.

Sounds to me like classic microsoft bullcrap. Fix 1 thing, break 2.

• Like 1

I went to the Microsoft forum and commented on the subject, I already got a response from the moderators. I'll leave the image below then the translation into English Since this forum is in English.

image.thumb.png.aa0e4d4721766013f7f98b8595e3ab92.png

Translation:
Hello

Bear in mind that the correction will be made available by Karspersky and Trend Micro, it is the responsibility of the companies to be compatible with Windows 11 and its versions, I emphasize that using the Insider version of Windows 11 can cause this and other errors because the versions of the applications are based on the final, stable version of Windows 11, not the trial versions.

The Microsoft forum always has a somewhat one-sided view.
No matter what the issue, the fault is never with Windows. Even if the opposite turns out to be true in retrospect.

In this case, however, it is clear that the problem only occurs with a windows update. Before installing it, there are no problems. This suggests that Microsoft is at least involved. It is possible, for example, that significant changes in Windows were not sufficiently communicated.
I am sure that Kaspersky will find a way to fix the problem.
Or Microsoft will provide an improved update. It would not be the first time that a Windows update is buggy.

• Like 4

***TL:DNR Warning***

I sent Kaspersky Technical Support (Kaspersky Lab Support <*****@*****.tld>), a report and they essentially, via auto-reply, just told me to either restart, reinstall or look for something out-of-the-ordinary with my PC...haha, anyways, my PC is running fine so will just ride this out and hope that either Kaspersky or Microsoft fix the problem and just hope that, because of that new Micrrosoft update, Kaspersky has not been rendered vulnerable.

Their Reply: "This is an automated reply generated by our text analysis feature. It's designed to propose solutions after automatically analyzing contents of customers' inquiries.

If you reply to this email, it will go straight to one of our support representatives, but we would like to ask you to give this feature a chance to resolve your issue.

Application fails to start

If the program starts to load (as in the figure) and then disappears off the screen, or if the program will not open up at all, please try the solutions we have prepared for you.

1. Quick resolution

Please restart the system to check if it was a one-time problem. Although this may seem trivial, it really works!

2. Resolution (upgrade)

If the issue persists, please upgrade your Kaspersky application to the latest version like this:

1) Download the latest version via this link: >https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/thank-you/internet-security#download">
>https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/thank-you/internet-security#download (click on the link to bring up the Downloads page)

2) To start download press the Download now button to the right of "Protection for PC".

3) Uninstall the program by following instructions from this article: https://support.kaspersky.com/common/uninstall/12783 (click on the link to bring up the guide) 

4) Carefully follow the steps from the guide. At the end of the uninstallation, a reboot will be required. Please do so.

5) After uninstallation completes, run the downloaded file and follow on-screen instructions provided by the setup wizard (pressing Next, Allow, OK and Accept, when prompted). Once installation completes, activate the program by entering your 20-character activation code.

3. Should the issue persist

We will need a system report collected with our tool for further research and analysis:

1) Download the utility GetSystemInfo.exe from this direct link: https://kas.pr/gsi (click on it to initiate download).

2) Run the GetSystemInfo.exe and click 'Accept'.

3) Check the option "Include Windows event logs" and click on the 'Start' option. The process can take up to 10 minutes and the progress bar may remain below 10% for most of the time.

4) A *.zip file with a name similar to this will be saved on your desktop automatically, e.g. GetSystemInfo_PC_Name_Username_Date_Time.zip.

5) Please send us that .zip archive containing the report as an attachment in a reply to this email.

Further support on how to use the GSI utility can be found here: http://support.kaspersky.com/general/dumps/3632 (click on that link to bring up the detailed guide).

If none of the above is relevant to your case or the issue remains unresolved

Simply reply to this email leaving subject unchanged and wait for technical support team to contact you.

We have obtained your personal data from you directly. The provided data will only be used for the provision of technical support and will be processed and protected in accordance with Kaspersky Data Privacy Statement for technical support for Africa, Australia, Denmark, Middle East, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom, United States of America

Best regards, 
Kaspersky Technical Support
"

3 horas atrás, Schulte disse:

The Microsoft forum always has a somewhat one-sided view.
No matter what the issue, the fault is never with Windows. Even if the opposite turns out to be true in retrospect.

In this case, however, it is clear that the problem only occurs with a windows update. Before installing it, there are no problems. This suggests that Microsoft is at least involved. It is possible, for example, that significant changes in Windows were not sufficiently communicated.
I am sure that Kaspersky will find a way to fix the problem.
Or Microsoft will provide an improved update. It would not be the first time that a Windows update is buggy.

I agree with your comments, but now I was wondering, if one person is the other who will fix the bug? ?

7 hours ago, DyowsKow said:

***TL:DNR Warning***

I sent Kaspersky Technical Support (Kaspersky Lab Support <*****@*****.tld>), a report and they essentially, via auto-reply, just told me to either restart, reinstall or look for something out-of-the-ordinary with my PC...haha, anyways, my PC is running fine so will just ride this out and hope that either Kaspersky or Microsoft fix the problem and just hope that, because of that new Micrrosoft update, Kaspersky has not been rendered vulnerable. 

Just wait for reply... They will reply. 

Edited by nexon
  • Like 1

I just received email from kaspersky support after sending them my GetSystemInfo report:

Dear customer,

Thank you for your email.

We are now working with our escalation to check on the issue. Please wait for our reply.

Thank you for contacting Kaspersky Support and have a good day!

Regards,

19 hours ago, SystemInfo said:

You how can you know if a program/av has implemented the "limitations" message to show their customers? if that program/av have not implemented this message can have problems with that KB or with x64 in general.

Since that KB has installed on my pc, i note slowly of windows 11 with freeze with mouse turning. A my friend knowing of pcs told me that windows 11 has several bugs and he decided to back in windows 10 waiting for 12.
I just sent GSI to Assistence requested me for this problem and i will uninstall that KB and i think to return in windows 10... im thinking about this...
Why a windows update (KB) should slowly windows? (this is which that is my pc now!) Why 11 has several bugs? i would question to Microsoft!
I uninstall that KB and i block windows update for this period... or back to 10

• Like 1

I don't see any issue with the Windows Update. The latest cumulative update introduced a new security module to the kernel and that's why some AV softwares are no longer compatible with Windows. The only solution should be AV software vendors to update their products to make them compatible with the system. 

Edited by Skyake
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SystemInfo said:

Could someone let me know if the problem in KASPERSKY has been solved?
So I can use it, because I removed it from my computers.

The last update by email from kaspersky support was:

"Your request was escalated to our developers, a bug issue was created. Unfortunately, we do not have any resolution-related information yet."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KasperskyUser13 said:

The last update by email from kaspersky support was:

"Your request was escalated to our developers, a bug issue was created. Unfortunately, we do not have any resolution-related information yet."

Thanks for the update, I was waiting for an update about this.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Limitations of Kaspersky on Windows 11
  • Solution

Kaspersky statement on issue with the latest optional Windows 11 update – KB5025305

Kaspersky is aware of a situation with the new Windows 11 update – patch KB5025305 – that may cause a message warning of potential future limitations when running the updated version of Windows 11 by Kaspersky solutions.

Kaspersky is currently working on an update to resolve the issue which will soon be available to customers. Kaspersky solutions’ capabilities for cyberthreat protection, including firewall, are not affected by the mentioned Windows update.

Attributable to Kaspersky

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3