Limitations of Kaspersky on Windows 11

Go to solution Solved by Danila T.,

Hi,

Kaspersky just show up this msg to me says that "There may be some future limitations when running on this version of Microsoft windows 11".

Is this normal?

Kaspersky Standard 21.13.5.506

Windows 11 Pro Last update, OS Build 22621.1635

Thanks

Screenshot (2).png

Edited by KasperskyUser13
  • Like 2

Did you upgraded your Windows?  I mean upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11?

Because usually thhis window notification with limitations coming after upgrade Windows. 

Windows which was clean installed not showing this window. 

I also just updated Windows 11 with this: "2023-04 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5025305)".

Then when I restarted I got the same message.

Should we be concerned that Kaspersky will not be fully-functional anymore?

bandicam 2023-04-26 05-31-13-880.jpg

• Like 1

You have same version like me. 

But i have it on Windows 10 without problems. 

You can update it to newest if it is in your region available. 

But please note version 21.3.10.391 is more stable than new range of products. 

1. Check if you can have new version available on your region kaspersky website

2. Save license info (key) then uninstall kaspersky and do reboot pc

3. Install downloaded new version activate it with your key do manually database update and reboot. 

Oh understood. Can I just not update Kaspersky yet? Is the error "There may be some future limitations when running on this version of Microsoft windows 11" really serious or can I just ignore it?

My PC is running okay anyways, so far?

Of course you can stay on this version like me. There is no EoL for now. I think it will be supported one year this version which you have installed. 

Dont think... There will be a small limitations which needed to be fixed via update databases or patches. 

Also i recomend you contact Tech Support and tell them about this problem.

You can post back here with their reply or answer. 

Edited by nexon

@nexon thank you for all the help. Okay, will do that later just to give Tech Support a heads-up. I will just finish my work then send in later. So far, I don't see any problem with my PC. But, I agree, best is to contact them for them to be aware I encountered this.

Will update this thread if ever I get a reply/solution from them.

Again, thank you!

Edited by DyowsKow
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, nexon said:

Did you upgraded your Windows?  I mean upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11?

Because usually thhis window notification with limitations coming after upgrade Windows. 

Windows which was clean installed not showing this window. 

No its clean installed windows 11, thanks for follow up.

5 hours ago, DyowsKow said:

I also just updated Windows 11 with this: "2023-04 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5025305)".

Then when I restarted I got the same message.

Should we be concerned that Kaspersky will not be fully-functional anymore?

bandicam 2023-04-26 05-31-13-880.jpg

exactly what happens to me too, after update and restart the msg show up.

I too am concerned about recent developments with regards to functionality of Kaspersky Premium running on my Windows 11  X64 PC. As many users here have posted, I think we need an informational update with regards to what is compatible, what needs to be disabled, etc. 

Another point of concern is that Kaspersky requires Dot Net 5XXX to run? Outdated and unsafe!

This is concerning....

Limitations of Kaspersky Anti-Virus on Windows 10

Hi all, 

The warning "There may be some future limitations when running on this version of Microsoft windows 11" appears after application of the update KB5025305  from Microsoft:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/april-25-2023-kb5025305-os-build-22621-1635-preview-2482528b-7e8e-4179-b255-808f484b9c0c

We are investigating. 

The warning should appear only once. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Igor Kurzin disse:

Hi all, 

The warning "There may be some future limitations when running on this version of Microsoft windows 11" appears after application of the update KB5025305  from Microsoft:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/april-25-2023-kb5025305-os-build-22621-1635-preview-2482528b-7e8e-4179-b255-808f484b9c0c

We are investigating. 

Yes it appeared once, but my computer was showing slowness in the system, as if there was something wrong, conflicts.

7 minutes ago, SystemInfo said:

Yes it appeared once, but my computer was showing slowness in the system, as if there was something wrong, conflicts.

Slowlyness seems to be not connected with this "limitations" issue. Needs to be investigated separately. 

Do you mind submitting an incident to technical support so that we could request some additional information and investigate further? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Igor Kurzin disse:

Slowlyness seems to be not connected with this issue. Needs to be investigated separately. 

Do you mind submitting an incident to technical support so that we could request some additional information and investigate further? 

I'll contact support, thanks for the help.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Borland30 disse:

@Igor Kurzin my best guess is this line in KB5025305. Since Kaspersky has its own firewall.

After this update I think there was a problem with the firewall,
What I think is an opinion, I think that Kaspersky will have to send an urgent update to correct this conflict in the Product, it has to be fast, which has affected thousands of computers in the world.

5 hours ago, Igor Kurzin said:

Hi all, 

We are investigating. 

Thank you for the update! I really love Kaspersky products and would like to continue to use it but if the program is limiited to me it becomes self defeating in the sense that a limited security software solution is way too dangerous, given the state of malicious code today. It would be wise to seek an alternative due to this obviously.

As a side note prior to this I was and still am having issues with Solution for problem with updated Kaspersky products | Kaspersky official blog 

• Like 1