KSN information (local cache).

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hello guys.

Today I saw some applications that I opened for the first time like the one shown in the first image, which indicate:

Reason for moving to group: Information from KSN (local cache).

I checked the cloud protection on the second screenshot and it tells me I'm synced with KSN.

What information (local cache) is this that shows in the application started?

Capturar.PNG

Capturara.PNG

Hello @JPEKaspersky

Welcome back & Happy New 2023, let's hope it's a wonderful year? 

KIS has taken the information from the local cache because there's a certificate issue, it could not analyze the certificate so, to move the app (Xbox game bar.. etc.) to the Trust group, it's taken information stored in local cache - had it not done that you would have seen a different error in that field

• Check KIS Reports, any errors or events? 
  1. Create a System restore point. 
  2. Refresh / restore the app from the MS store? 
  3. Run some basic housekeeping on the machine: (a) check Windows updates,
  4. As Admin - run DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth 
  5. As Admin - sfc /scannow
  6. In Safe Mode - delete all files & folders in C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Temp  - (USER = your name) 
  7. In Safe Mode - delete all files & folders in C:\Windows\Temp
  8. Issue persists: Contact Support please.

image.png.d029e1206c7eb6d80c9c815af365582f.png

image.thumb.png.12eacdba0dd4ed9473abe22c9a9b530b.png

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available?

Thank you? 
Flood?+?

• FYI, this issue has come up previously, it's known to Kaspersky, remains undocumented 
Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Removed whitespace || Added additional steps to take. || waiting for ?

Good day @Flood and Flood's wife and Happy New Year of 2023 to you and your family, full of happiness.

I understood your answer and it was illuminating.

I prefer to contact the community and not the support in my region because I have bad experience and they still damage more than they fix:
As soon as I asked for the offline KIS file, they gave me the Kaspersky Security Cloud Personal file. I asked if Kaspersky Standard already existed, they gave me the link that was not from my country. Over the phone, an assistant even said he didn't have Kaspersky installed. They don't even know how to see the last database distribution date.
With technical support only as a last resort.

On the KIS reports I did an exhaustive analysis and there are no errors anywhere.

Said file has no signature (as shown in the image).

If the error is not dangerous, I'll follow what @Flood and Flood's wife told me:

"KIS has taken the information from the local cache because there's a certificate issue, it could not analyze the certificate so, to move the app (Xbox game bar.. etc.) to the Trust group, it's taken information stored in local cache - had it not done that you would have seen a different error in that field."

Capturar.PNG

Hello @JPEKaspersky

Thank you for posting back, the kind wishes & the information!

Ok, so then, to add extra small jobs to the list in our previous reply, please also do:

1. Export KIS settings.
  2. Restore KIS settings.
  3. Do a clean install of KIS = uninstall KIS - save License information only, then download & clean install KIS. 

Thank you? 
Flood?+?

1 hour ago, Flood and Flood's wife disse:

Hello @JPEKaspersky

Thank you for posting back, the kind wishes & the information!

Ok, so then, to add extra small jobs to the list in our previous reply, please also do:

1. Export KIS settings.
  2. Restore KIS settings.
  3. Do a clean install of KIS = uninstall KIS - save License information only, then download & clean install KIS. 

Thank you? 
Flood?+?

Hi @Flood and Flood's wife

I did the clean uninstall/install as you indicated.

The problem remains.

The file that appears in the image has a digital signature and shows in it:
KSN information (local cache).

Capturar.PNG

Hello @JPEKaspersky

Thank you for the update!

MS Windows Search Indexer is different to the original Xbox game bar etc (you showed), so are you saying on this app the info has changed or is correct - sorry, it's hard having to translate from images, you need to provide that information please?

Thank you? 
Flood?+?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife disse:

Hello @JPEKaspersky

Thank you for the update!

MS Windows Search Indexer is different to the original Xbox game bar etc (you showed), so are you saying on this app the info has changed or is correct - sorry, it's hard having to translate from images, you need to provide that information please?

Thank you? 
Flood?+?

The Xbox game bar as shown in the image at the beginning of our conversation maintains the same behavior:

"Reliable Group: Reliable
KSN information (local cache)
Certificate Status: Error verifying signature.
(attached images).
Digital signature: Microsoft Corporation"

In the file properties image there is no signature separator.

Capturar.PNG

Capturara.PNG

• Like 1

• Solution
1 hour ago, JPEKaspersky said:

The Xbox game bar as shown in the image at the beginning of our conversation maintains the same behavior:

"Reliable Group: Reliable
KSN information (local cache)
Certificate Status: Error verifying signature.
Digital signature: Microsoft Corporation"

In the file properties image, there is no signature separator.

1 hour ago, JPEKaspersky said:

For example, this old Formula One game - already indicates:

Supplier: Image Space
Trusted Group: Trusted
Reason for moving to the group: Information from KSN
Digital signature: missing

Hello @JPEKaspersky

Thank you for the information!

It's a *known* issue, as far as we know it's been fixed in the new version, so the next question is, are you planning on using the new version, when it's rolled out to your region, IF *no*, the only option is to log to (your) local support & tell them to escalate. 

Thank you? 
Flood?+?

• Thanks 1

Hello @Flood and Flood's wife

If it's a known issue and not an issue, let's wait for the next release of new produto line.
Let's see if I can make the purchase, as I don't have a credit card or smarthphone for the "strong authentication" required in the EU, but a relative of mine has already offered to help me with the purchase using his credit card and his equipment for that.
I was informed by the support chat (I hope they didn't make a mistake) and if my relative's bank doesn't interfere with the purchase, it seems that I can use my email to link the license to My Kaspersky, with the address of the cardholder credit account of credit card that belongs to my relative. I hope I'm lucky.?

Best Regards?

Edited by JPEKaspersky
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JPEKaspersky said:

Hello @Flood and Flood's wife

If it's a known issue and not an issue, let's wait for the next release of new Product line.
Let's see if I can make the purchase, as I don't have a credit card or smartphone for the "strong authentication" required in the EU, but a relative of mine has already offered to help me with the purchase using his credit card and his equipment for that.
I was informed by the support chat (I hope they didn't make a mistake) and if my relative's bank doesn't interfere with the purchase, it seems that I can use my email to link the license to My Kaspersky, with the address of the cardholder credit account of credit card that belongs to my relative. I hope I'm lucky.?

Hello @JPEKaspersky

Thank you for posting back & the information, we remember that 'conversation'! 

We, like you, hope it will be painless; when it's all sorted & the software is up & running, check again, if there's any issues, please update the Community? 

Don't forget, the software activates on purchase date, not installation date - read the user doco - there's lots to read: Kaspersky Basic | Standard | Plus | Premium - library.

Thank you? 
Flood?+?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife disse:

Hello again @Flood and Flood's wife

I've been constantly following this community on the various facets of new products.

This article, I have already been reading it, but I will have to pay more attention to the various details contained therein.

Thanks @ for the help provided.?

Happy Sunday to you and your family.?

JP

Edited by JPEKaspersky
  • Thanks 1