KSK product information popup is for Kaspersky password manager?

Go to solution Solved by Igor Kurzin,

Hello @Igor Kurzin

Thank you for the commitment to get the prb fixed. 

Re tags: ooops, sorry, just worked it out😆 !!

1. While we have your undivided attention, what is *supposed* to be in the KSK information popup please  → we went looking for very specific info that *used* to be on the www & stumbled across the error… 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @Igor Kurzin

Thank you for the quick answer!

Bother, not what we’re looking for😔

Maybe you know the answer: 

According to the doco: “Premium KSK - One My Kaspersky account can be connected to 100 children profiles and 500 devices” - ref:  KSK, types of licenses and their differences in functionality

1. For KSK Free - One My Kaspersky account can be connected to (x) ? children profiles and (y) ? devices.”   - do you know what (x) & (y) are please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @Flood and Flood's wife , 

For KSK Free x and y should be the same: 100 and 500. 

The thing is that this limitation is not a limitation of functionality (having more than 100 children is not a very common situation), but rather a common sense limitation to prevent overload of the system. For example, if by mistake someone starts creating endless kids profiles, the process would stop at 100 profiles and not at 1.000.000.000 when there would theoretically be some problems processing such volumes of data. 

Hello @Igor Kurzin

• Ok, if there’s no *actual* difference between Premium & Free - both are → One My Kaspersky account can be connected to 100 children profiles and 500 devices.” Why document it as specific to Premium → as if it’s some type of additional *benefit*? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Let’s see, it says “The Premium version allows using the application full functionality for one My Kaspersky account only.”. It is here to provide additional information, e.g. reply a possible question: “How many My Kaspersky accounts can I use with Premium version?”. It is not a benefit of Premium version, as Free can be used with My Kaspersky account as well.

The phrase “One My Kaspersky account can be connected to 100 children profiles and 500 devices.” is not related to Premium/Free differences, it is about limitations of My Kaspersky account + Safe Kids. 

Let’s see, it says “The Premium version allows using the application full functionality for one My Kaspersky account only.”. It is here to provide additional information, e.g. reply a possible question: “How many My Kaspersky accounts can I use with Premium version?”. It is not a benefit of Premium version, as Free can be used with My Kaspersky account as well.

The phrase “One My Kaspersky account can be connected to 100 children profiles and 500 devices.” is not related to Premium/Free differences, it is about limitations of My Kaspersky account + Safe Kids. 

Hello @Igor Kurzin,

• Kaspersky’s own technical support & technical support supervisor don’t know the answer to the question = poor documentation. 
  • KSK can only be managed by one MyKaspersky account →  fact. 
  • The document heading is (KSK) Types of licenses and their differences in functionality

This: 

The Premium version allows using the application full functionality for one My Kaspersky account only. One My Kaspersky account can be connected to 100 children profiles and 500 devices.

is poorly presented. 

It *implies* that’s it’s specific to KSK Premium. 

The two statements should be separated as follows: 

• The Premium version allows using the application full functionality for one My Kaspersky account only.
  • One My Kaspersky account can be connected to 100 children profiles and 500 devices.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Is @ElHombre a friend of yours? 

• 1 month later...

I see your point regarding the statements separation, I believe we can do that adjustment. 

Hello @Igor Kurzin

Documentation issue has been fixed, Wed 09-February-2022 03:42, support advised:

“We are glad to inform that the article [https://support.kaspersky.com/KSK/Cross-platform/en-US/204273.htm] has been updated.”

Thank you!

Flood🐳+🐋