KPM Slowly moves off screen until it is invisible, forced to maximize in order to use.

Leeham

If you’re like me you like to use KPM cascaded to take up only ¼ of my screen, NOT the entire screen. Unfortunately this is becoming more and more difficult to do. When I first start up my PC it’s usually okay, I can easily press the cascade button on KPM to make it smaller and then resize it as I  wish. 

However, at times I notice that the KPM window has moved further and further to the right of my screen, sometimes that’s how it is when my PC starts up, and other times it just happens gradually as I am switching between desktops, closing and opening things ect…

Eventually the KPM moves so far to the right that it becomes impossible to click and drag it back into the center of the screen. This forces me to press the Alt+Space button on my keyboard and then click on the ‘maximize’ button in order to re fit it back to my screen.

This is extremely annoying because when I try to cascade it again, it automatically jumps back to where it was previously, making it impossible to use the program as a small window.

I have no idea why this happens, probably something to do with the fact that I have 5 separate 4K monitors plugged into my computer as well as running Synergy with other computer screens serving as a client for my Mac mini. 

As a possible fix, either allow us to resize KPM when its in full screen mode (maximized) or setup some other shortcut to move the window around such as Alt+Shift+ArrowKeys or something like that.

Cheers

Hello @Leeham,

Welcome again!

• 1 Please Read before you create a new topic! & provide the required information? 
  • 2 Regarding “resize KPM”, this has been raised previously with Kaspersky HQ experts, their response was:

Technical requirements that makes KPM window cannot resize beyond its minimum, means the optimal size to fit all the necessary navigation elements, icons, fonts etc, that they all needs to be access so the product can be used.

end quote

• Some of Kaspersky’s product development evaluations are based on numbers, the more a feature is requested, sometimes, the greater the possibility of implementation. 
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.
  • Note: the process may take a very long time, each request is measured against many benchmarks and not all requests are successful. 
  • When feedback from the Kaspersky Technical Team is available, please share it here in the Kaspersky Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋